• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Moritz Both
      Greetings!
      For our PW project we use markup regions and, for one template, url segments. The documentation recommends throwing a new Wire404Exception() from the template when the code concludes that the url segments from the request are invalid, and so we do.
      However, the 404 page is not displayed properly. Viewing the page source in the browser we can see that the original, unmodified markup region contents from our _init.php file is prepended to the correct html output, messing the whole page up.
      Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    • By hansv
      Hi everybody
      I want to catch a variable from outside processwire into _main.php
      if(isset($_GET['u']) && $_GET['u'] !== ''){ $gebruikersnaam = $_GET['u']; ... ... This is working fine in a php file in a non processwire environment. 
      In a processwire environment, I get the variable when I refer to /site/templates/_main.php but a great part of my template-code is not shown. 
      From outside processwire I refer to    mydomain/index.php.  If I place   $gebruikersnaam = $_GET['u'];  in index.php, how can I pass through my variable to _main.php?   Or is there an other solution?
      thx
      hansv
    • By louisstephens
      So I have a project coming up soon and one of the goals was to use Google's AMP project for the project's mobile site. I have gone through the tutorials and think I have a good grasp on the matter, but there is still one roadblock I do not really know how to tackle. The site, which uses a responsive grid system, will look great on a mobile and desktop which was is fine by me. However, if a user comes from Google to one of our AMP pages (ie www.example.com/amp) and clicks on a url, they will then be loading our responsive mobile pages and not the amp pages. For the sake of consistency, we really want to "force" users to stay on all the amp pages.

My current thoughts on how to set up this task:
      Allow url segments for all pages using "/amp" Using a simple if statement, load the amp page if it exists <?php if($input->urlSegment1) { // add "&& $input->urlSegment1 == 'amp'" if you've more urlSegments include("partials/amp-page.php"); } else { include("partials/normal.php"); } ?>  
      However, I have hit a roadblock on appending "/amp" to all pages if they came to an amp page via Google, or even if they are on mobile and visit the site. Is this even possible to do, or should we just use the amp pages (if a user comes from google) and allow them to be active on our mobile pages?  We are just trying to give the fastest load times possible, as well as give a consistent look between mobile and desktop versions. As always, I really appreciate the ideas and help.
    • By verdeandrea
      Hello,
      i read that "URL segments only apply if the requested URL did not resolve to an actual page." (from here)
      Is there a way to change this behaviour? 
      I have a parent page loading his children via ajax, and i know which children to load from url segments. So that would be nice to have url segments to have precedence instead of children's url.
      Thanks!
    • By EvanFreyer
      Hey there,
      I have a problem with URL Segments and Umlauts in it. I want to grab the a segment of the url and use it as a parameter to find a something in Processwire. The problem is, that if I input an umlaut into the url, processwire immediately throws a 404 error page and I am not able to transform my inputs.
      Is there a way to get around that problem?
      Cheers,
      Evan