Sign in to follow this  
helmut2509

Change language segment in URL

Hello,

I am just working on a multi-language pw app. Default language is german, then comes english.

the language segment for english in the url is 'en-home' , eg. '../en-home/products', I think this was taken as a default option.

(this happened several months ago, so I do not remember exactly...).

Now I want to change this segment simply to 'en'. However, in 'Pages...Settings', only the part AFTER 'en-home' is editable, so I do not see any possibility

to change this segment. Neither do the Languages Settings offer such a possibility ;-((

Or do I miss something?

9 minutes ago, Gideon So said:

@helmut2509

Go to setup —> language and change the language label there.

Gideon

Where exactly can I find this "language label"?

In which tab (Content, Children, Settings)?

32 minutes ago, rafaoski said:

@helmut2509 Maybe it will help in the fifth minute:

thanks, but I just want to change the url segment '/en-home/' to '/en/'.

I think this should not be so difficult, that a video is needed....

However, I have no solution so far....

15 hours ago, rafaoski said:

@helmut2509 Just go to the home page of the settings tab and change the name field

Firefox_Screenshot_2017-09-04T15-51-45_210Z.thumb.png.590b5ac19d275cabbbbee48726b843e1.png

thanks, that was it!

I couldn't imagine that this is related to _one_ particlular page....

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By stanoliver
      Hi! 
      The following code snippet is part of my markup simple navigation and the url_redirect (url field in the backend) just works fine when I put an special custom url into the url_redirect field.
      <?php $nav = $modules->get("MarkupSimpleNavigation"); // topnav $current = $page->rootParent(); // current root page // subnav echo $nav->render(array( 'max_levels' => 2, 'item_tpl' => '<h4><a class="g8-bar-item g8-hover-black" href="{url_redirect|url}">{title}</a></h4><hr class="sidenav">', 'collapsed' => true, ), $page, $current); ?>  In my seperated breadcrumb navigation I use the following code snippet
      <?php foreach($page->parents()->append($page) as $parent) { echo "<li><a href='{$parent->url_redirect|url}'>{$parent->title}</a></li>"; } ?> Now to the problem: In my first code snippet above the
      url_redirect|url 
      works just fine but when I try something similiar in the second code snippet
      $parent->url_redirect|url
      I produce an server error How do I have to change the second code snippet so that it works in the correct way as the first code snippet does?
    • By snobjorn
      Here's my Norwegian language pack for ProcessWire. I've been adding translations over some time, to suit my own projects users needs.
      Last updated:
      2019/06/19 (June 19, 2019)
      Not yet complete. Translations that non-superusers will see is prioritized.
      Name:
      ProcessWire-Norwegian-Language-Pack-nb-NO
      Translated using:
      ProcessWire 3.0.133 dev
      Number of files:
      189 wire files and 95 site files – ranging from just started to completely translated. The site files includes translation some free and some pro modules, see the complete list in the README.md at GitHub.
      Available at GitHub:
      https://github.com/snobjorn/processwire-norwegian-language-pack-nb-no
    • By gregory
      Hi everyone.
      I can't see the PDF uploaded via a field called "pdf".
      I get a url like this: http://localhost:8888/mywebsite/site/assets/files/1129/test.pdf%EF%BB%BF%EF%BB%BF
      Could anyone help me? Thank you.
      <?php foreach($page->case_studies as $item) { if($item->type == 'contenuto') { echo " <a class='btn btn-primary btn-sm' target='blank' href='{$item->pdf->first()->url}' role='button'>Download</a> "; } } ?>  
    • By ce90
      Hello everyone,
      hopefully this is the right place to ask and is not a duplicate question.
      I'm pretty new to processwire, so... if this question is kind of funny for some of you, you're welcome 😄 
      I have the following issue and can't find anything understandable about it. Maybe I'm searching the wrong way, but anyways.. here is my question:

How is it possible to rewrite the URLs, that I'll get a *.php ending?
      Example:
      https://www.mysite.de/urlsegment/ -> https://www.mysite.de/urlsegment.php
      https://www.mysite.de/urlsegment/urlsegment/ -> https://www.mysite.de/urlsegment/urlsegment.php
      Because I've read a lot about "Why do you wanna do this or have that?" – here my answer for that in advance:
      I've built a processwire installation inside or around an existing website. Therefore, we want to keep the existing *.php Google entries. Sure, we could redirect via 301 Redirect, but would prefer to keep the *.php ending.
      If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
      Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards
      ce90
    • By louisstephens
      Hopefully this is the right place, if not, please move it to the proper sub. I installed the multi language module on my development (sandbox) set up not too long ago to test out a few things. From the start, I ran into some issues with dependencies not being met/installed, so I thought that I would simply just uninstall what had been. Unfortunately, that took me down a road of using some code in my home template to remove the modules (cant find it at the moment). After some struggling, I finally got it uninstalled, but it left behind 3 fields,
      language language_files language_files_site I thought that I could simply remove them from the languages template and then delete them, but I get the following error:

I was wondering, is there a way to remove these using the api? I couldn't add any new users to the setup until I made "language" not required, but I was hoping to just remove all of the fields.