Hi @bot19,

Welcome to the forums. The second error is, yes, as a result of trying to install again whilst there are left over components from the first install that failed. I am not sure why the first one failed. I have never seen that error before. As for cleaning up, normally, if the install had worked, you would have a cleanup menu. Since install failed, that cannot help you now. I have an old gist for such eventualities. I believe it should still work. Please use it to cleanup and then try to re-install Blog. If it fails again, we will debug the issue step-by-step.

Edited by kongondo

Hey @kongondo, thanks! I've been browsing here for a while but couldn't contribute much as a newbie so I've only just signed up now.

I downloaded the cleaner file, changed it to .php, associated it with a page and accessed the page to run it (only way I knew how to do this). It seems successful from the screen attached. 

I guess we will need to debug it. Thank you for your help!

I'm using browsersync so it has an external port I can provide for you, as well as access to the CMS. I'm happy to do it together at a time when you're free, as I can make any changes you need  to debug.

Thanks again very much!

Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 11.05.55 am.png

7 hours ago, bot19 said:

I downloaded the cleaner file, changed it to .php, associated it with a page and accessed the page to run it (only way I knew how to do this). It seems successful from the screen attached.

Great. Try and re-install Blog and we'll take it from there.

22 hours ago, kongondo said:

Great. Try and re-install Blog and we'll take it from there.

@kongondo

Ah, sorry I just re-read my previous post and noticed I forgot the most important part: I did try a reinstall, but encountered the same error as before :(

Also, the external URL I was talking about only works on the same wifi. If you need to dig around I can work something out. Let me know what's next.

I'll have a look too and see what I can understand.

Thanks!

Hi @bot19,

I've been a bit busy with other stuff. I see from your other thread that the issue is not Blog-specific but a general ProcessWire issue. Let's talk there.

Hi all. 

I am intending to ONLY support ProcessWire 3.x starting from the next version of this module. Please have a read here and let me know what you think. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

Hi Kongondo!
I am really liking your Blog module (v2.4.1). And I have a question (processwire 3.0.62):
Under the section for Tags, I have a child tag that is parented to /tags/
Then I created a grandchild tag and it is parented to /tags/ but I want to change its parent to /tags/child/

When I try to do so, the UI only shows parent /child/ and when I save I get an error saying that the parent should be /tags/child/

Do I need to do something extra? Or is the parenting child to grandchild broken somehow?

Welcome to the forums @Orodreth

Blog does not support grandchild tags, hence the error. I have no current plans to change this behaviour, unfortunately.

Love love love your blog module. I have used it multiple times on sites I have built for clients. Recently ran into a weird issue. I installed your latest version of your blog module on latest processwire. When I got to save the settings in the blog quick settings tab, they dont save. The fields reload blank. Any idea?

• Like 1

On 12/6/2017 at 4:40 AM, quickjeff said:

Love love love your blog module. I have used it multiple times on sites I have built for clients.

Glad you like the module.

On 12/6/2017 at 4:40 AM, quickjeff said:

Recently ran into a weird issue. I installed your latest version of your blog module on latest processwire. When I got to save the settings in the blog quick settings tab, they dont save. The fields reload blank. Any idea?

I'll have a look when I update the module to support ProcessWire 3 only. Meanwhile, you could try saving the settings directly via their respective pages. Some live in the comments page, etc. Gotta run, so can't provide more info, sorry.

I'm, having some issues after putting a site on a live server - maybe someone has an idea as to how to solve this.

I moved the site from localhost/pagename to pagename.tld. The blog posts show up in the frontend, so that's fine.

The issues are as follows:
In the admin area, clicking on the "Blog" Tab (which links to pagename.tld/processwire/blog/) results in " The requested process does not exist "

So there's no functionality there. I realize this is basically a 404 in the admin, not sure how to fix that though.

I'm using PW 3.0.75 and the latest blog module version off github, PHP7 on the live server.

Anyone got an idea as to how fix this?

7 hours ago, Sebastian said:

I'm using PW 3.0.75 and the latest blog module version off github, PHP7 on the live server.

Hi @Sebastian. What's the difference between your local and remote servers? I have also not tried Blog on PHP 7. 

I'm hoping to move Blog fully to PW3.x sometime soon (maybe early 2018). Maybe then I can test on PHP7.

11 hours ago, kongondo said:

Hi @Sebastian. What's the difference between your local and remote servers? I have also not tried Blog on PHP 7. 

I'm hoping to move Blog fully to PW3.x sometime soon (maybe early 2018). Maybe then I can test on PHP7.

Hi @kongondo. Well the difference is that localhost ist still PHP 5.6something :) and there the site runs out of a subfolder.

We're going full PHP7 on servers going forward (I'm guessing that's not uncommon now), so that's maybe something worth keeping an eye on.

I'm not sure if the problem is PHP 7 though - if I find the time i'm gonna setup a fresh page on 7, and install the blog module there - I'll report any findings here.

Hey @kongondo - lots of warnings and notices.

I am running php 7.2. I don't see any issue with The requested process does not exist  - that sounds to me like the Process module wasn't installed properly, or the Admin > Blog page somehow has an incorrect Process assigned to. @Sebastian - can you check those?

image.thumb.png.f911a0b933f1175da38f96f1b94a4192.png

Thanks @adrian.

I'll have a look. I currently have up to PHP 7.0. It seems I'll need an app that enables me to easily switch versions. I've tried several in the past but none of them worked well so I settled for UwAMP which does have its issues to.

• Like 1

On 10.12.2017 at 5:24 AM, adrian said:

Hey @kongondo - lots of warnings and notices.

I am running php 7.2. I don't see any issue with The requested process does not exist  - that sounds to me like the Process module wasn't installed properly, or the Admin > Blog page somehow has an incorrect Process assigned to. @Sebastian - can you check those?

image.thumb.png.f911a0b933f1175da38f96f1b94a4192.png

Hey adrian,

what I did is export / reimport the DB and copying the files over, as per usual.
I'd gladly check Process assignment wrt Blog, how do I do that?

thanks,
Sebastian

12 minutes ago, Sebastian said:

I'd gladly check Process assignment wrt Blog, how do I do that?

In the page tree, go to Admin > Blog and EDIT and it should look like this:

image.png.61942b22b84f760dfb83f7fc3b68f359.png

• Like 1

Does anyone know best approach to including the featured image in the post itself? Let’s say below the rendered head of the post? I already have it setup as an option in the blog home page but not the post. 

Thanks!

17 hours ago, quickjeff said:

Does anyone know best approach to including the featured image in the post itself? Let’s say below the rendered head of the post?

Apologies I've never gotten round to completing the documentation. Please see the options here.

What you want is post_large_image and possible the other post_large_image_* options. 

On 07/10/2017 at 9:27 PM, zkriszti said:

I seem to have another issue, and as far as I've found out (having searched all the way through the forum), this is related to the small version of posts stripping tags. More exactly, I can't get 'post_small_allowable_tags' to work. I just can't seem to get the "view more" anchor appear.

The affected page is a blog-category view (based on the module's blog-category.php), where I get a few post excerpts from a given category, ideally with adding that "view more" tag. Which is nowhere to be found in the output. :(

The relevant parts of my template file look like this:

$options = array('post_small_allowable_tags' => '<p><a>', 'post_more_text' => 'tovább');
$content .= $blog->renderPosts($posts, true, $options);

Then the html output looks like this:

<div class="summary">
  <p>It's my blogpost and here is a 
    <a href="http://...">link to my another article in the text working fine.</a>
    Some more text, some more text, some more text.</p>
</div>

It is strange, because inside .summary I do have <p> and <a> tags, but <a> is only for the content (because there is a link in the referred article itself). But I don't have "view more" at the end of the summary.

Thank you very much for your help in advance!

Hi @zkriszti,

Sorry for the very late response. I have not been able to replicate this. It works fine for me as you can see in the following screens Both <p> and <a> if allowed, pass through just fine.

Without 'allowed tags'

blog-allowable-tags-1.thumb.png.657311120250d9712b21a6a7bff53e73.png

With 'allowed tags'

blog-allowable-tags-2.thumb.png.469ff23a253db929427857adfd022b82.png

Update: Blog 2.4.2

As of today and this version onward, ONLY ProcessWire 3.x is supported.

Changelog

1. Support for namespaced ProcessWire only (ProcessWire 3.x).
  2. All ProcessWire Comments Form Options can now be passed as as options to renderComments(). See the options here

Available now in the modules directory.

Please note that this version does not address any of the reported PHP 7.x issues.

• Like 2

On 06/12/2017 at 4:40 AM, quickjeff said:

When I got to save the settings in the blog quick settings tab, they dont save. The fields reload blank. Any idea?

Hi Jeff. I've not encountered this issue. Could you please test the latest (2.4.2) version and let me know if it resolves your issue? What version of PHP are you running? 

Thanks.

On 22/07/2017 at 4:15 AM, Claus said:

I’d like to add ‘placeholder’ texts in the name, email, and text input fields of the comment function. How do I do this?

Hi @Claus,

I've now implemented this in Blog version 2.4.2. Pass the options available in Comments Form as part of the third parameter in Blog's renderComments(). E.g. 

$blog = $modules->get("MarkupBlog");
$presets = array('cite'=>'Your Name', 'email'=>'Your Email');
$options = array('headline'=> 'Say something', 'presets'=> $presets, 'presetsEditable' => true);
echo $blog->renderComments($page->blog_comments, 0, $options);

Edited by kongondo

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By teppo
      MarkupMenu is a markup module for generating menu trees. When provided a root page as a starting point, it generates a navigation tree (by default as a HTML "<ul>" element wrapped by a "<nav>" element) from that point onwards. If you've also provided it with current (active) page, the menu will be rendered accordingly, with current item highlighted and items rendered up to that item and its children (unless you disable the "collapsed" option, in which case the full page tree will be rendered instead).
      Modules directory: https://modules.processwire.com/modules/markup-menu/ GitHub repository: https://github.com/teppokoivula/MarkupMenu Usage
      As a markup module, MarkupMenu is intended for front-end use, but you can of course use it in a module as well. Typically you'll only need the render() method, which takes an array of options as its only argument:
      echo $modules->get('MarkupMenu')->render([ 'root_page' => $pages->get(1), 'current_page' => $page, ]); Note: if you omit root_page, site root page is used by default. If you omit current_page, the menu will be rendered, but current (active) page won't be highlighted etc.
      A slightly more complex example, based on what I'm using on one of my own sites to render a (single-level) top menu:
      echo $modules->get('MarkupMenu')->render([ 'current_page' => $page, 'templates' => [ 'nav' => '<nav class="{classes} menu--{menu_class_modifier}" aria-label="{aria_label}">%s</nav>', 'item_current' => '<a class="menu__item menu__item--current" href="{item.url}" tabindex="0" aria-label="Current page: {item.title}">{item.title}</a>', ], 'placeholders' => [ 'menu_class_modifier' => 'top', 'aria_label' => 'Main navigation', ], 'include' => [ 'root_page' => true, ], 'exclude' => [ 'level_greater_than' => 1, ], ]); Note: some things you see above may not be entirely sensible, such as the use of {menu_class_modifier} and {aria_label} placeholders. On the actual site the "nav" template is defined in site config, so I can define just these parts on a case-by-case basis while actual nav markup is maintained in one place.
      Please check out the README file for available render options. I'd very much prefer not to keep this list up to date in multiple places. Basically there are settings for defining "templates" for different parts of the menu (list, item, etc.), include array for defining rules for including in the menu and exclude array for the opposite effect, classes and placeholders arrays for overriding default classes and injecting custom placeholders, etc. 🙂
      MarkupMenu vs. MarkupSimpleNavigation
      TL;DR: this is another take on the same concept. There are many similarities, but also some differences – especially when it comes to the supported options and syntax. If you're currently using MarkupSimpleNavigation then there's probably no reason to switch over.
      I'd be surprised if anyone didn't draw lines between this module and Soma's awesome MarkupSimpleNavigation. Simply put, I've been using MSN (...) for a number of years, and it's been great – but there have been some smallish issues with it, particularly with the markup generation part, and it's also doing some things in a way that just doesn't work for me – the xtemplates thing being one of these. In many ways it's less about features, and more about style.
      In MarkupMenu I've tried to correct these little hiccups, modernise the default markup, and allow for more flexibility with placeholder variables and additional / different options. MarkupMenu was built for ProcessWire 3.0.112+ and PHP 7.1+, it's installable with Composer, and I have a few additional ideas (such as conditional placeholders) on my todo list.
      One smallish and rather specific difference is that MarkupMenu supports overriding default options via $config->MarkupMenu. I find myself redefining the default markup for every site, which until now meant that each site has a wrapper function for MarkupSimpleNavigation (to avoid code / config repetition), and this way I've been able to omit that 🙂
      Requirements
      ProcessWire >= 3.0.112 PHP >= 7.1.0 If you're working on an earlier version of ProcessWire or PHP, use MarkupSimpleNavigation instead.
    • By Robin S
      Repeater Images
      Adds options to modify Repeater fields to make them convenient for "page-per-image" usage. Using a page-per-image approach allows for additional fields to be associated with each image, to record things such as photographer, date, license, links, etc.
      When Repeater Images is enabled for a Repeater field the module changes the appearance of the Repeater inputfield to be similar (but not identical) to an Images field. The collapsed view shows a thumbnail for each Repeater item, and items can be expanded for field editing.
      Screencast

Installation
      Install the Repeater Images module.
      Setup
      Create an image field to use in the Repeater field. Recommended settings for the image field are "Maximum files allowed" set to 1 and "Formatted value" set to "Single item (null if empty)". Create a Repeater field. Add the image field to the Repeater. If you want additional fields in the Repeater create and add these also. Repeater Images configuration
      Tick the "Activate Repeater Images for this Repeater field" checkbox. In the "Image field within Repeater" dropdown select the single image field. You must save the Repeater field settings to see any newly added Image fields in the dropdown. Adjust the image thumbnail height if you want (unlike the core Images field there is no slider to change thumbnail height within Page Edit). Note: the depth option for Repeater fields is not compatible with the Repeater Images module.
      Image uploads feature
      There is a checkbox to activate image uploads. This feature allows users to quickly and easily add images to the Repeater Images field by uploading them to an adjacent "upload" field.
      To use this feature you must add the image field selected in the Repeater Images config to the template of the page containing the Repeater Images field - immediately above or below the Repeater Images field would be a good position.
      It's recommended to set the label for this field in template context to "Upload images" or similar, and set the visibility of the field to "Closed" so that it takes up less room when it's not being used. Note that when you drag images to a closed Images field it will automatically open. You don't need to worry about the "Maximum files allowed" setting because the Repeater Images module overrides this for the upload field.
      New Repeater items will be created from the images uploaded to the upload field when the page is saved. The user can add descriptions and tags to the images while they are still in the upload field and these will be retained in the Repeater items. Images are automatically deleted from the upload field when the page is saved.
      Tips
      The "Use accordion mode?" option in the Repeater field settings is useful for keeping the inputfield compact, with only one image item open for editing at a time. The "Repeater item labels" setting determines what is shown in the thumbnail overlay on hover. Example for an image field named "image": {image.basename} ({image.width}x{image.height})  
      https://github.com/Toutouwai/RepeaterImages
      https://modules.processwire.com/modules/repeater-images/
    • By EyeDentify
      Hello There Guys.

I am in the process of getting into making my first modules for PW and i had a question for you PHP and PW gurus in here.

I was wondering how i could use an external library, lets say TwitterOAuth in my PW module.
      Link to library
      https://twitteroauth.com/

Would the code below be correct or how would i go about this:
      <?PHP namespace ProcessWire; /* load the TwitterOAuth library from my Module folder */ require "twitteroauth/autoload.php"; use Abraham\TwitterOAuth\TwitterOAuth; class EyeTwitter extends WireData,TwitterOAuth implements Module { /* vars */ protected $twConnection; /* extend parent TwitterOAuth contructor $connection = new TwitterOAuth(CONSUMER_KEY, CONSUMER_SECRET, $access_token, $access_token_secret); */ public function myTwitterConnection ($consumer_key, $consumer_secret, $access_token, $access_token_secret) { /* save the connection for use later */ $this->twConnection = TwitterOAuth::__construct($consumer_key, $consumer_secret, $access_token, $access_token_secret); } } ?> Am i on the right trail here or i am barking up the wrong tree?
      I don´t need a complete solution, i just wonder if i am including the external library the right way.
      If not, then give me a few hint´s and i will figure it out.

Thanks a bunch.

/EyeDentify
    • By Violet
      Here I'm introducing FlipFall Magazine, our multi-topic blog. It used to run on Wordpress but we recently switched it to ProcessWire. This was done the usual way we do it when converting our sites: install ProcessWire in a subfolder of the original Wordpress site under a hard-to-guess name, set up the new site there, then move content over manually, inspecting and updating each article as needed. After the ProcessWire site was ready, when we un-installed the Wordpress one and moved the ProcessWire site up one level to the document root, and... done.
      We used the W3CSS framework because it handles the responsive breakpoints so well (no extra work for us 😉), and it tends to default to a clean modern look.
      We wanted full control over the back end of the site and do customized things without having to hire a developer.  As FlipFall has grown, the ability to have in-house back-end control has become even more important.
      Case example: Ad partners - we now can quite easily, if we wish, place different ads on different topics on this blog at a moment's notice - no need to hire a developer. Changes like this can be implemented in-house right away. The fact that we can easily incorporate this sort of thing is really nice when we're talking with potential ad partners.
      Helpful features of ProcessWire during this experience:
      The ability to export and import fields in PW was key here. We had a few other article-style sites I had done in PW recently, so having the same types of templates was very helpful. We were able to export fields and templates from our existing sites and import into FlipFall as a starting base point. No need to re-invent the wheel here! Another helpful ability of PW was when we were dealing with the categories. We built the site without category templates (but with the category page field), then added the templates in later as needed - no disruption. In other words, a template-less page field worked perfectly for the categories until we needed the template, then we just created the template. Not every feature of the site needs to be thought out in absolute full beforehand, some can be added in later as needed. Very extensible and convenient. Internal links within blog posts worked well using the page select option in the link button on the editor. When moving out of staging folder and into document root, the links auto-updated, which was nice. Creating new articles is a breeze, because under PW our fields are now customized for our needs: we created all of the fields we need and none of the ones we don't. Again, this is unlike most blogging CMS's, where they try to guess what you want (and usually get it wrong). Even for people who are solely doing blogs/article sites, I feel that ProcessWire is a much better option than most blog-specific platforms, because of PW's flexibility.  The only thing I miss about Wordpress is the ability to auto-schedule post publication, which for the serious blogger is important. For example, there were some occasions on some of our other blogs where we needed to schedule posts to auto-publish at 3:01am Eastern Time to allow a time-sensitive post to come out as early in time of day as possible on publication date (3:01 am US Eastern time ensures it's that same day 12:01 am on Pacific time). We were delighted to see that ProcessWire is much, much lighter on resources of the hosting environment than the same site on Wordpress - we could see this empirically on our web hosting stats before and after the switch.
    • By dimitrios
      Hello,
      this module can publish content of a Processwire page on a Facebook page, triggered by saving the Processwire page.
      To set it up, configure the module with a Facebook app ID, secret and a Page ID. Following is additional configuration on Facebook for developers:
      Minimum Required Facebook App configuration:
      on Settings -> Basics, provide the App Domains, provide the Site URL, on Settings -> Advanced, set the API version (has been tested up to v3.3), add Product: Facebook Login, on Facebook Login -> Settings, set Client OAuth Login: Yes, set Web OAuth Login: Yes, set Enforce HTTPS: Yes, add "http://www.example.com/processwire/page/" to field Valid OAuth Redirect URIs. This module is configurable as follows:
      Templates: posts can take place only for pages with the defined templates. On/Off switch: specify a checkbox field that will not allow the post if checked. Specify a message and/or an image for the post.
      Usage
      edit the desired PW page and save; it will post right after the initial Facebook log in and permission granting. After that, an access token is kept.

Download
      PW module directory: http://modules.processwire.com/modules/auto-fb-post/ Github: https://github.com/kastrind/AutoFbPost   Note: Facebook SDK for PHP is utilized.