Module: Blog

kongondo

Hi Kongondo,

Firstly, thank you for creating this module!

We have just installed the latest version of your module "Processblog" v2.4.5 on "Processwire" version 3.0.148 and PHP v5.6 (maybe this needs updating).

A couple of layout styles were tested with and without the demo templates, but the same fatal error persisted when attempting to access the "authors" tab :-

"Fatal Error:     Fatal Error: Call to a member function size() on boolean (line 1686 of Processblog.Module)"

Here is line 1685 of Processblog.Module

"$authorPhoto = !empty($author->blog_images) ?"

However, with exactly the same setup, but using "Processblog" version 2.4.2 it worked perfectly.

This version had a slightly different logic to achieve the same result :-

" $authorPhoto = count($author->blog_images) ?"

Once this was updated in your latest version it worked.

Hopefully, this may help anyone who may encounter the same issue?

Kind regards,

Hackasacka

4 hours ago, Hackasacka said:

Firstly, thank you for creating this module!

Glad you find it useful ? 

4 hours ago, Hackasacka said:

Hopefully, this may help anyone who may encounter the same issue?

Yes, thanks! This has been reported before but I've not yet had time to commit to the repo. Here's the previous post with the recommended fix ? 

• 1 month later...

In my case the

Warning: Illegal offset type in /var/www/html/site/modules/ProcessBlog/ProcessBlog.module on line 917
Warning: Illegal offset type in /var/www/html/site/modules/ProcessBlog/ProcessBlog.module on line 918

messages were probably caused by the page()->outputFormatting setting being "Off", and were fixed by casting (string) on the array keys:

915		$list = array(
916			(string) $posts->title => array('published' => $qn['blog-post'], 'unpublished' => $qn['unpublished'] ),
917			(string) $comments->title => array('approved' =>  $numApproved, 'pending' => $numPending, 'spam' => $numSpam ), $categories->title . ' & ' . $tags->title => array('categories' => $qn['blog-category'], 'tags' => $qn['blog-tag'] ),
918		);

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @kongondo

Firstly, thanks for the module. Unfortunately, I have searched everywhere for an explanation of how to display a blog image, but cannot find it anywhere. I am using the renderPosts function as follows:

$blog->renderPosts("limit={$limit}",false,array('post_large_image' => 1));

This does not render the image. There's some talk about adding the "featured" tag to an image, but I can find no way to do that; there's no option to add tags to images in ProcessWire>ProcessBlog. I've already uploaded the image in the "images" section of the actual post, but it's not displaying no matter what I do. Documentation makes no reference to images. Please help!

12 hours ago, ctech said:

Documentation makes no reference to images

Sorry about this. The documentation can be improved (even completed! ?).

You need to add the tag to an image in your blog post. These are the images in the blog_images field in a blog-post template. 

See attached (zipped) animated GIF (it seems I cannot upload GIFs anymore).

featured-image-blog.gif.zip

16 minutes ago, kongondo said:

Sorry about this. The documentation can be improved (even completed! ?).

You need to add the tag to an image in your blog post. These are the images in the blog_images field in a blog-post template. 

See attached (zipped) animated GIF (it seems I cannot upload GIFs anymore).

featured-image-blog.gif.zip 1.68 MB · 1 download

Thanks @kongondo

Unfortunately, for some reason the 'tags' text field never shows up, see attached. Only description is present. What am I doing wrong?

Screenshot 2020-10-23 130043.png

8 minutes ago, ctech said:

Unfortunately, for some reason the 'tags' text field never shows up, see attached. Only description is present. What am I doing wrong?

1. Edit the field blog_images
  2. Go to its Details Tab
  3. Scroll down to the bottom to the Use Tags section.
  4. Enable tags using one of options 2 - 4. I normally use 2 (user enters tags by text input).
  5. Save

blog_images_enable_tags.thumb.png.35d143894f9eec2f038a091abced902c.png

2 hours ago, kongondo said:
  1. Edit the field blog_images
  2. Go to its Details Tab
  3. Scroll down to the bottom to the Use Tags section.
  4. Enable tags using one of options 2 - 4. I normally use 2 (user enters tags by text input).
  5. Save

blog_images_enable_tags.thumb.png.35d143894f9eec2f038a091abced902c.png

Thank you, that worked perfectly!!

@kongondo sorry one more question; is there a way to resize the image proportionally instead of hard-setting the width/height? I note that now the width is proportional automatically, but the height is not and is always a fixed value by default. I tried playing around with the settings, but no way to make the height resize proportionally with the width of the image automatically...

54 minutes ago, ctech said:

is there a way to resize the image proportionally instead of hard-setting the width/height?

I am afraid I don't understand the question. Do you mean editing an image, e.g. your 'welcome-waving' image by clicking on Edit, then the crop icon?

56 minutes ago, ctech said:

I tried playing around with the settings

Which settings are these?

Maybe send me a screenshot of what you are trying to do? Thanks.

10 minutes ago, kongondo said:

I am afraid I don't understand the question. Do you mean editing an image, e.g. your 'welcome-waving' image by clicking on Edit, then the crop icon?

Which settings are these?

Maybe send me a screenshot of what you are trying to do? Thanks.

So here's the issue. Let's say I have an image that has dimensions of 1113px × 626px. When I use the renderPost function with featured image tag, the image displays properly but the image renders at 570px width but retains the 626 height (i.e. the height is not adjusted proportionally to the new width). How can I make it so that the image renders at ~326px height (which is the proportional height it should be at)? Currently, if I manually set post_small_image_height or post_large_image_height then it works, but not all my images are the same dimensions so it looks weird for other images that are differently sized.

Edited by ctech

4 minutes ago, ctech said:

So here's the issue. Let's say I have an image that has dimensions of 1113px × 626px. When I use the renderPost function with featured image tag, the image displays properly but the image renders at 570px width but retains the 626 height (i.e. the height is not adjusted proportionally to the new width). How can I make it so that the image renders at ~326px height (which is the proportional height it should be at)? Currently, if I manually set post_small_image_height or post_large_image_height then it works, but not all my images are the same dimensions so it looks weird for other images that are differently sized.

Actually I seem to have figured out by setting the width to be a fixed amount, the height gets adjusted. So when I fix post_small_image_width to 570, it auto adjusts the height to 326, which is what I wanted. Sorry for the confusion!

6 minutes ago, ctech said:

by setting the width to be a fixed amount, the height gets adjusted.

Exactly what you caught me typing, i.e., if you declare one and not the other, the other value gets automatically and proportionately resized. So, if you declare height, width will be auto and vice versa. If you set both height and width and have this setting 'post_small_image_size' => true, then you will get exact dimensions. Currently this is only explained in the code, e.g. here but the language can be improved. For instance, the 'no manipulation' is not exactly true as that dimension will be autosized.. 

Edited by kongondo

• 10 months later...

Hi @kongondo

Hope you're doing well, can't believe it's been almost another year! I have another question for you that I'm hoping you can help with. I am trying to format my blog archive widget such that the names of the months only appear once in the list, with the corresponding years associated with each month displayed, for example, something like this:

image.png.eba7fce80fd1d2cb3be69040a4d71b32.png

Unfortunately, the actual output is like this (notice the repeating "September" for both 2020 and 2021):

image.png.6be74b88eaa534be55b467ac6c8cc537.png

I've been trying to edit the renderArchives() function within MarkupBlog.module trying to get it to determine the months first, before the years, but that seems impossible as the array passed to the main function is sorted by years. Any ideas how to make it work, so that the name of the month doesn't repeat twice, and instead looks like the first screenshot? I've tried various functions to determine the unique months in every year using array_column and array_merge to then not repeat the name of the month, but after many hours of no success, I'm really hoping you can point me in the right direction!

Thank you in advance!

• 1 month later...

This is a completely new install with ProcessWire 3.0.184 and ProcessBlog 2.4.5 and SchedulePages 1.2.2

I installed Lazy Cron successfully.
I installed SchedulePages successfully.
I installed ProcessBlog successfully.

Then chose the settings for ProcessBlog:
Select a Blog URL Style = Style 3
Scheduled auto-publish/unpublish = yes ( The module SchedulePages is installed )
Install commenting feature = yes

Install template files = Blank template files
Install demo css = no
Install demo javascript = no
Tqags for blog templates = -blog
Use RTE in Quick Post = yes
> click Submit
Success

> go to menu Blog
Finalize your blog installation
no changes
> click Run Install Wizard
Error shown below

Did I miss a step or do I need to do surgery on the SchedulePages.module ?

ProcessWire: ProcessBlog: You must assign a template to the page before setting custom field values (schedulerSkip)

• DEBUG MODE BACKTRACE ($config->debug == true):
    #0 /home4/orodreth/wire/core/Page.php(778): ProcessWire\Page->setFieldValue('schedulerSkip', true, true)
    #1 /home4/orodreth/wire/core/Page.php(1768): ProcessWire\Page->set('schedulerSkip', true)
    #2 /home4/orodreth/site/assets/cache/FileCompiler/site/modules/SchedulePages/SchedulePages.module(127): ProcessWire\Page->__set('schedulerSkip', true)
    #3 /home4/orodreth/wire/core/WireHooks.php(1059): SchedulePages->beforeSave(Object(ProcessWire\HookEvent))
    #4 /home4/orodreth/wire/core/Wire.php(485): ProcessWire\WireHooks->runHooks(Object(ProcessWire\Pages), 'save', Array)
    #5 /home4/orodreth/wire/core/Page.php(2774): ProcessWire\Wire->__call('save', Array)
    #6 /home4/orodreth/site/modules/ProcessBlog/BlogInstallWizard.php(324): ProcessWire\Page->save()
    #7 /home4/orodreth/site/modules/ProcessBlog/BlogInstallWizard.php(304): ProcessWire\BlogInstallWizard->createRole()
    #8 /home4/orodreth/site/modules/ProcessBlog/ProcessBlog.module(3335): ProcessWire\BlogInstallWizard->verifyInstall(Object(ProcessWire\InputfieldForm))
    #9 /home4/orodreth/site/modules/ProcessBlog/ProcessBlog.module(778): ProcessWire\ProcessBlog->installWizard(Object(ProcessWire\InputfieldForm))
    #10 /home4/orodreth/site/modules/ProcessBlog/ProcessBlog.module(1945): ProcessWire\ProcessBlog->renderFirstAccess(Array)
    #11 /home4/orodreth/wire/core/ProcessController.php(337): ProcessWire\ProcessBlog->execute()
    #12 /home4/orodreth/wire/core/Wire.php(414): ProcessWire\ProcessController->___execute()
    #13 /home4/orodreth/wire/core/WireHooks.php(951): ProcessWire\Wire->_callMethod('___execute', Array)
    #14 /home4/orodreth/wire/core/Wire.php(485): ProcessWire\WireHooks->runHooks(Object(ProcessWire\ProcessController), 'execute', Array)
    #15 /home4/orodreth/wire/core/admin.php(160): ProcessWire\Wire->__call('execute', Array)
    #16 /home4/orodreth/site/templates/admin.php(16): require('/home4/orodreth...')
    #17 /home4/orodreth/wire/core/TemplateFile.php(327): require('/home4/orodreth...')
    #18 /home4/orodreth/wire/core/Wire.php(414): ProcessWire\TemplateFile->___render()
    #19 /home4/orodreth/wire/core/WireHooks.php(951): ProcessWire\Wire->_callMethod('___render', Array)
    #20 /home4/orodreth/wire/core/Wire.php(485): ProcessWire\WireHooks->runHooks(Object(ProcessWire\TemplateFile), 'render', Array)
    #21 /home4/orodreth/wire/modules/PageRender.module(554): ProcessWire\Wire->__call('render', Array)
    #22 /home4/orodreth/wire/core/Wire.php(417): ProcessWire\PageRender->___renderPage(Object(ProcessWire\HookEvent))
    #23 /home4/orodreth/wire/core/WireHooks.php(951): ProcessWire\Wire->_callMethod('___renderPage', Array)
    #24 /home4/orodreth/wire/core/Wire.php(485): ProcessWire\WireHooks->runHooks(Object(ProcessWire\PageRender), 'renderPage', Array)
    #25 /home4/orodreth/wire/core/WireHooks.php(1059): ProcessWire\Wire->__call('renderPage', Array)
    #26 /home4/orodreth/wire/core/Wire.php(485): ProcessWire\WireHooks->runHooks(Object(ProcessWire\Page), 'render', Array)
    #27 /home4/orodreth/wire/modules/Process/ProcessPageView.module(225): ProcessWire\Wire->__call('render', Array)
    #28 /home4/orodreth/wire/modules/Process/ProcessPageView.module(171): ProcessWire\ProcessPageView->renderPage(Object(ProcessWire\Page))
    #29 /home4/orodreth/wire/core/Wire.php(417): ProcessWire\ProcessPageView->___execute(true)
    #30 /home4/orodreth/wire/core/WireHooks.php(951): ProcessWire\Wire->_callMethod('___execute', Array)
    #31 /home4/orodreth/wire/core/Wire.php(485): ProcessWire\WireHooks->runHooks(Object(ProcessWire\ProcessPageView), 'execute', Array)
    #32 /home4/orodreth/index.php(55): ProcessWire\Wire->__call('execute', Array)
    #33 {main}

On 10/23/2021 at 5:09 PM, Orodreth said:

Did I miss a step or do I need to do surgery on the SchedulePages.module ?

Hi @Orodreth,

I merged your thread here thinking that this had to do with the Blog module. Now that I look at it closely, it looks like it is a problem with SchedulePages. I have never seen this error before but I have also not touched the module in a long time. Maybe something changed in ProcessWire since. Are you able to do do some tests so we can try to get to the bottom of this? E.g.:

1. Install SchedulePages without the blog module. Do you get errors?
  2. Install SchedulePages in an earlier version of ProcessWire, maybe 3.0.16x. Do you find issues?

I am afraid I am currently short of time so cannot investigate further until the net we cast is a little bit narrower, hence above suggested investigations. Thanks.

On 9/19/2021 at 7:29 AM, ctech said:

Hope you're doing well, can't believe it's been almost another year! I have another question for you that I'm hoping you can help with. I am trying to format my blog archive widget such that the names of the months only appear once in the list, with the corresponding years associated with each month displayed, for example, something like this:

Hi @ctech,

Sorry for the very late response. Maybe something like below to get you started? I have deliberately left in debug code so you see what's going on. I am also using findRaw() for efficiency. You can go a bit crazy with limit if using findRaw() ?.

<?php namespace ProcessWire;
// we only need this one field
$fields = ['blog_date'];
// get some posts, sorted by date, ascending
$posts = $pages->findRaw("template=blog-post, sort=-blog_date, limit=25", $fields);
bd($posts, '$posts at line #' . __LINE__);
$posts2 = [];
// if we got results, format and use them
if (!empty($posts)) {
  // make it clean (not strictly necessary)
	$posts2 = array_column($posts, 'blog_date');
	bd($posts2, '$posts2 at line #' . __LINE__);
	$monthArchives = [];
	foreach ($posts2 as $dateString) {
      	// get the month portion of 'blog_date'
		$month = $datetime->date('F', $dateString);
		// get year portion of 'blog_date'
      	$year = $datetime->date('Y', $dateString);
		bd($month, '$month at line #' . __LINE__);
		bd($year, '$year at line #' . __LINE__);
		$monthArchives[$month][$year] = $year; // @TODO: DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU WANT THE VALUE TO BE HERE
	}
	bd($monthArchives, '$monthArchives at line #' . __LINE__);
}

// do something with $posts2
if (!empty($posts2)) {
	// code
}

Hope this helps ?.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kongondo said:

Hi @Orodreth,

I merged your thread here thinking that this had to do with the Blog module. Now that I look at it closely, it looks like it is a problem with SchedulePages. I have never seen this error before but I have also not touched the module in a long time. Maybe something changed in ProcessWire since. Are you able to do do some tests so we can try to get to the bottom of this? E.g.:

1. Install SchedulePages without the blog module. Do you get errors?
  2. Install SchedulePages in an earlier version of ProcessWire, maybe 3.0.16x. Do you find issues?

I am afraid I am currently short of time so cannot investigate further until the net we cast is a little bit narrower, hence above suggested investigations. Thanks.

Thank you for maintaining support on ProcessBlog. I know its a little older now and you have a zillion other projects to do but ProcessBlog is a good module!

ProcessWire 3.0.184 and ProcessBlog 2.4.5 and SchedulePages 1.2.2
( I will also try PW 3.0.164 and 3.0.148 which are the only two prior tags I can see on github and install ProcessBlog and report back on those two tests at end of this post)

If I uninstall ProcessBlog and uninstall SchedulePages... then install SchedulePages there are no errors and I create a new test page without any errors.
Then, uninstalling SchedulePages, and install ProcessBlog without SchedulePages, the initial install works fine, but when I go to menu > Blog and click Finalize Install... a bunch of errors appear:

Notice: Trying to get property 'parentTemplates' of non-object in /home4/orodreth/wire/core/PagesEditor.php on line 326
Notice: Trying to get property 'id' of non-object in /home4/orodreth/wire/core/PagesEditor.php on line 335
Notice: Trying to get property 'fieldgroup' of non-object in /home4/orodreth/wire/core/PagesEditor.php on line 349
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home4/orodreth/wire/core/PagesEditor.php on line 349

ProcessWire: ProcessBlog: Can’t save page 0: /blog-author/: It has no parent assigned

•  ProcessBlog: Can’t save page 0: /blog-author/: It has no parent assigned
    DEBUG MODE BACKTRACE ($config->debug == true):
    #0 /home4/orodreth/wire/core/Pages.php(799): ProcessWire\PagesEditor->save(Object(ProcessWire\Role), Array)
    #1 /home4/orodreth/wire/core/Wire.php(420): ProcessWire\Pages->___save(Object(ProcessWire\Role), Array)
    #2 /home4/orodreth/wire/core/WireHooks.php(951): ProcessWire\Wire->_callMethod('___save', Array)
    #3 /home4/orodreth/wire/core/Wire.php(485): ProcessWire\WireHooks->runHooks(Object(ProcessWire\Pages), 'save', Array)
    #4 /home4/orodreth/wire/core/Page.php(2774): ProcessWire\Wire->__call('save', Array)
    #5 /home4/orodreth/site/modules/ProcessBlog/BlogInstallWizard.php(324): ProcessWire\Page->save()
    #6 /home4/orodreth/site/modules/ProcessBlog/BlogInstallWizard.php(304): ProcessWire\BlogInstallWizard->createRole()
    #7 /home4/orodreth/site/modules/ProcessBlog/ProcessBlog.module(3335): ProcessWire\BlogInstallWizard->verifyInstall(Object(ProcessWire\InputfieldForm))
    #8 /home4/orodreth/site/modules/ProcessBlog/ProcessBlog.module(778): ProcessWire\ProcessBlog->installWizard(Object(ProcessWire\InputfieldForm))
    #9 /home4/orodreth/site/modules/ProcessBlog/ProcessBlog.module(1945): ProcessWire\ProcessBlog->renderFirstAccess(Array)
    #10 /home4/orodreth/public_html/storiesTEST/wire/core/ProcessController.php(337): ProcessWire\ProcessBlog->execute()
    #11 /home4/orodreth/public_html/storiesTEST/wire/core/Wire.php(414): ProcessWire\ProcessController->___execute()
    #12 /home4/orodreth/public_html/storiesTEST/wire/core/WireHooks.php(951): ProcessWire\Wire->_callMethod('___execute', Array)
    #13 /home4/orodreth/public_html/storiesTEST/wire/core/Wire.php(485): ProcessWire\WireHooks->runHooks(Object(ProcessWire\ProcessController), 'execute', Array)
    #14 /home4/orodreth/public_html/storiesTEST/wire/core/admin.php(160): ProcessWire\Wire->__call('execute', Array)
    #15 /home4/orodreth/site/templates/admin.php(16): require('/home4/orodreth...')
    #16 /home4/orodreth/wire/core/TemplateFile.php(327): require('/home4/orodreth...')
    #17 /home4/orodreth/wire/core/Wire.php(414): ProcessWire\TemplateFile->___render()
    #18 /home4/orodreth/wire/core/WireHooks.php(951): ProcessWire\Wire->_callMethod('___render', Array)
    #19 /home4/orodreth/wire/core/Wire.php(485): ProcessWire\WireHooks->runHooks(Object(ProcessWire\TemplateFile), 'render', Array)
    #20 /home4/orodreth/wire/modules/PageRender.module(554): ProcessWire\Wire->__call('render', Array)
    #21 /home4/orodreth/wire/core/Wire.php(417): ProcessWire\PageRender->___renderPage(Object(ProcessWire\HookEvent))
    #22 /home4/orodreth/wire/core/WireHooks.php(951): ProcessWire\Wire->_callMethod('___renderPage', Array)
    #23 /home4/orodreth/wire/core/Wire.php(485): ProcessWire\WireHooks->runHooks(Object(ProcessWire\PageRender), 'renderPage', Array)
    #24 /home4/orodreth/wire/core/WireHooks.php(1059): ProcessWire\Wire->__call('renderPage', Array)
    #25 /home4/orodreth/wire/core/Wire.php(485): ProcessWire\WireHooks->runHooks(Object(ProcessWire\Page), 'render', Array)
    #26 /home4/orodreth/wire/modules/Process/ProcessPageView.module(225): ProcessWire\Wire->__call('render', Array)
    #27 /home4/orodreth/wire/modules/Process/ProcessPageView.module(171): ProcessWire\ProcessPageView->renderPage(Object(ProcessWire\Page))
    #28 /home4/orodreth/wire/core/Wire.php(417): ProcessWire\ProcessPageView->___execute(true)
    #29 /home4/orodreth/wire/core/WireHooks.php(951): ProcessWire\Wire->_callMethod('___execute', Array)
    #30 /home4/orodreth/wire/core/Wire.php(485): ProcessWire\WireHooks->runHooks(Object(ProcessWire\ProcessPageView), 'execute', Array)
    #31 /home4/orodreth/index.php(55): ProcessWire\Wire->__call('execute', Array)
    #32 {main}

Blog

The process returned no content.

----------------------------------------------
UPDATE
----------------------------------------------
> Installed ProcessWire 3.0.148 and ProcessBlog 2.4.5 without SchedulePages, and saw no errors.
> Installed ProcessWire 3.0.164 and ProcessBlog 2.4.5 without SchedulePages, and saw no errors.
> Installed ProcessWire 3.0.184 and ProcessBlog 2.4.5 without SchedulePages (completely new install just in case) and same errors above with blog-author

I reviewed the ProcessWire Release Notes and could only find one instance between 3.0.166 and 3.0.184 where something changed with "roles", in case thats related to the blog-author error

Release 3.0.184

Users

Added support for user-view-[role] permissions for cases where people may be implementing a /site/templates/user.php (or related) template file.

New $users->setAdminThemeByRole($adminTheme, $role); method sets all users having given role to use given admin theme. Details

Added Lister bookmarks support to users editor (ProcessUser) per request.

• Like 1

Dear All, 

I've just created a new website and installed the MarkupBlog module, but I can't manage to make it work.

After clearing all the setting, when I do run the Install Wizard this error pops up:

Can’t save page 0: /blog-author: It has no parent assigned

And I'm unable to go past it. 

Do you have any insight about how I could make it work and fix this issue?

Thanks in advance.

48 minutes ago, lele_ballack said:

I've just created a new website and installed the MarkupBlog module, but I can't manage to make it work.

Hi @lele_ballack,

I've merged your thread to Blog's support forum. This bug has been reported in the issue tracker. I just never got time to investigate it. I'll find some time this week to fix this. Sorry for the inconvenience everyone. Thanks.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Blog 2.4.6

Changelog

1. Fixed fatal error when installing Blog (thanks @Orodreth , @lele_ballack and @Sascha Nos for reporting.
  2. Various other minor fixes.

Please test and let me know. Thanks.

PS: Not sure when it will propagate in the modules directory. I couldn't log in to force a re-trigger as I seem to have forgotten my password for that area ?.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2021 at 6:48 PM, kongondo said:

After releasing Padloper 2, I'd like to give this (and others) module some attention. Any ideas on how it could be improved (UI, etc), please note them here. Thanks.

Thanks for the 2.4.6 update !!!

Some ideas. If these can be accomplished with the existing framework, let me know. 
I will modify this list as the muse strikes.

1) Multiple level tag categories (tags as child of child tag?)
tags (parent page?)
tag (child of parent page) = fruits
tag (child of fruits tag) = apple
tag (child of parent page) = vegetables
tag (child of vegetables tag) = carrot

2) Role blog-reader functionality
mark a blog post as "read"

3) Role blog-reader functionality
mark a blog post as a "favorite"

4) Blog-post functionality
calculate and display estimated read time based on length of blog post

5) Blog-post functionality
designate a post as sticky or pinned, to feature it on the main blog page

• 3 months later...

I could see I needed to split my ‘news’ page (that I use the Blog Module for) into multiple pages, so I entered ‘10’ in the field ‘Blog Homepage: Total Posts’ and pressed enter. Now the latest 10 posts are missing from the webpage, but they still exits in the database. What happened and how do I get the posts to show again?

A further look around the database reveals that the pages_id of the six latest blog-posts are now used by other pages id.