Module: Blog

kongondo

Hi @bot19,

Welcome to the forums. The second error is, yes, as a result of trying to install again whilst there are left over components from the first install that failed. I am not sure why the first one failed. I have never seen that error before. As for cleaning up, normally, if the install had worked, you would have a cleanup menu. Since install failed, that cannot help you now. I have an old gist for such eventualities. I believe it should still work. Please use it to cleanup and then try to re-install Blog. If it fails again, we will debug the issue step-by-step.

Edited by kongondo

Hey @kongondo, thanks! I've been browsing here for a while but couldn't contribute much as a newbie so I've only just signed up now.

I downloaded the cleaner file, changed it to .php, associated it with a page and accessed the page to run it (only way I knew how to do this). It seems successful from the screen attached. 

I guess we will need to debug it. Thank you for your help!

I'm using browsersync so it has an external port I can provide for you, as well as access to the CMS. I'm happy to do it together at a time when you're free, as I can make any changes you need  to debug.

Thanks again very much!

Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 11.05.55 am.png

7 hours ago, bot19 said:

I downloaded the cleaner file, changed it to .php, associated it with a page and accessed the page to run it (only way I knew how to do this). It seems successful from the screen attached.

Great. Try and re-install Blog and we'll take it from there.

22 hours ago, kongondo said:

Great. Try and re-install Blog and we'll take it from there.

@kongondo

Ah, sorry I just re-read my previous post and noticed I forgot the most important part: I did try a reinstall, but encountered the same error as before :(

Also, the external URL I was talking about only works on the same wifi. If you need to dig around I can work something out. Let me know what's next.

I'll have a look too and see what I can understand.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Kongondo!
I am really liking your Blog module (v2.4.1). And I have a question (processwire 3.0.62):
Under the section for Tags, I have a child tag that is parented to /tags/
Then I created a grandchild tag and it is parented to /tags/ but I want to change its parent to /tags/child/

When I try to do so, the UI only shows parent /child/ and when I save I get an error saying that the parent should be /tags/child/

Do I need to do something extra? Or is the parenting child to grandchild broken somehow?

• 2 weeks later...

Love love love your blog module. I have used it multiple times on sites I have built for clients. Recently ran into a weird issue. I installed your latest version of your blog module on latest processwire. When I got to save the settings in the blog quick settings tab, they dont save. The fields reload blank. Any idea?

• Like 1

On 12/6/2017 at 4:40 AM, quickjeff said:

Love love love your blog module. I have used it multiple times on sites I have built for clients.

Glad you like the module.

On 12/6/2017 at 4:40 AM, quickjeff said:

Recently ran into a weird issue. I installed your latest version of your blog module on latest processwire. When I got to save the settings in the blog quick settings tab, they dont save. The fields reload blank. Any idea?

I'll have a look when I update the module to support ProcessWire 3 only. Meanwhile, you could try saving the settings directly via their respective pages. Some live in the comments page, etc. Gotta run, so can't provide more info, sorry.

I'm, having some issues after putting a site on a live server - maybe someone has an idea as to how to solve this.

I moved the site from localhost/pagename to pagename.tld. The blog posts show up in the frontend, so that's fine.

The issues are as follows:
In the admin area, clicking on the "Blog" Tab (which links to pagename.tld/processwire/blog/) results in " The requested process does not exist "

So there's no functionality there. I realize this is basically a 404 in the admin, not sure how to fix that though.

I'm using PW 3.0.75 and the latest blog module version off github, PHP7 on the live server.

Anyone got an idea as to how fix this?

7 hours ago, Sebastian said:

I'm using PW 3.0.75 and the latest blog module version off github, PHP7 on the live server.

Hi @Sebastian. What's the difference between your local and remote servers? I have also not tried Blog on PHP 7. 

I'm hoping to move Blog fully to PW3.x sometime soon (maybe early 2018). Maybe then I can test on PHP7.

11 hours ago, kongondo said:

Hi @Sebastian. What's the difference between your local and remote servers? I have also not tried Blog on PHP 7. 

I'm hoping to move Blog fully to PW3.x sometime soon (maybe early 2018). Maybe then I can test on PHP7.

Hi @kongondo. Well the difference is that localhost ist still PHP 5.6something :) and there the site runs out of a subfolder.

We're going full PHP7 on servers going forward (I'm guessing that's not uncommon now), so that's maybe something worth keeping an eye on.

I'm not sure if the problem is PHP 7 though - if I find the time i'm gonna setup a fresh page on 7, and install the blog module there - I'll report any findings here.

On 10.12.2017 at 5:24 AM, adrian said:

Hey @kongondo - lots of warnings and notices.

I am running php 7.2. I don't see any issue with The requested process does not exist  - that sounds to me like the Process module wasn't installed properly, or the Admin > Blog page somehow has an incorrect Process assigned to. @Sebastian - can you check those?

image.thumb.png.f911a0b933f1175da38f96f1b94a4192.png

Hey adrian,

what I did is export / reimport the DB and copying the files over, as per usual.
I'd gladly check Process assignment wrt Blog, how do I do that?

thanks,
Sebastian

17 hours ago, quickjeff said:

Does anyone know best approach to including the featured image in the post itself? Let’s say below the rendered head of the post?

Apologies I've never gotten round to completing the documentation. Please see the options here.

What you want is post_large_image and possible the other post_large_image_* options. 

On 07/10/2017 at 9:27 PM, zkriszti said:

I seem to have another issue, and as far as I've found out (having searched all the way through the forum), this is related to the small version of posts stripping tags. More exactly, I can't get 'post_small_allowable_tags' to work. I just can't seem to get the "view more" anchor appear.

The affected page is a blog-category view (based on the module's blog-category.php), where I get a few post excerpts from a given category, ideally with adding that "view more" tag. Which is nowhere to be found in the output. :(

The relevant parts of my template file look like this:

$options = array('post_small_allowable_tags' => '<p><a>', 'post_more_text' => 'tovább');
$content .= $blog->renderPosts($posts, true, $options);

Then the html output looks like this:

<div class="summary">
  <p>It's my blogpost and here is a 
    <a href="http://...">link to my another article in the text working fine.</a>
    Some more text, some more text, some more text.</p>
</div>

It is strange, because inside .summary I do have <p> and <a> tags, but <a> is only for the content (because there is a link in the referred article itself). But I don't have "view more" at the end of the summary.

Thank you very much for your help in advance!

Hi @zkriszti,

Sorry for the very late response. I have not been able to replicate this. It works fine for me as you can see in the following screens Both <p> and <a> if allowed, pass through just fine.

Without 'allowed tags'

blog-allowable-tags-1.thumb.png.657311120250d9712b21a6a7bff53e73.png

With 'allowed tags'

blog-allowable-tags-2.thumb.png.469ff23a253db929427857adfd022b82.png

Update: Blog 2.4.2

As of today and this version onward, ONLY ProcessWire 3.x is supported.

Changelog

1. Support for namespaced ProcessWire only (ProcessWire 3.x).
  2. All ProcessWire Comments Form Options can now be passed as as options to renderComments(). See the options here

Available now in the modules directory.

Please note that this version does not address any of the reported PHP 7.x issues.

• Like 2

On 06/12/2017 at 4:40 AM, quickjeff said:

When I got to save the settings in the blog quick settings tab, they dont save. The fields reload blank. Any idea?

Hi Jeff. I've not encountered this issue. Could you please test the latest (2.4.2) version and let me know if it resolves your issue? What version of PHP are you running? 

Thanks.

On 22/07/2017 at 4:15 AM, Claus said:

I’d like to add ‘placeholder’ texts in the name, email, and text input fields of the comment function. How do I do this?

Hi @Claus,

I've now implemented this in Blog version 2.4.2. Pass the options available in Comments Form as part of the third parameter in Blog's renderComments(). E.g. 

$blog = $modules->get("MarkupBlog");
$presets = array('cite'=>'Your Name', 'email'=>'Your Email');
$options = array('headline'=> 'Say something', 'presets'=> $presets, 'presetsEditable' => true);
echo $blog->renderComments($page->blog_comments, 0, $options);

Edited by kongondo

• 5 months later...