Module: Blog

kongondo

Unfortunately this did not help. FieldtypeComments is installed and Comments are also installed. This is not a problem. I'm looking for the Disqus comments for my ProcessWire website. You can not change that later. Therefore, use a commentary System.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

What version of ProcessWire and what admin theme (Default, Reno, new UIkit 3 one...) are you using?

Isn't there a View tab/link that enables you to (pre)view the post/page even when it's unpublished?
You normally have options on how to open the "view".

Edited by Christophe

Some more avanced users will certainly help you.

I've never used it. I've just installed it once (perhaps?) to try/test it.

Just for information:

On 25/05/2014 at 0:13 AM, kongondo said:

Role and Permission

Note that Blog installs the role 'blog-author' and permission 'blog'. These are available to you to control access as you wish. They are not automatically applied to any user. With these, you can can control the finer details of your blog. 

And you perhaps have to give the good permission(s) for guest in the Access tab of the relevant template used by posts (and perhaps also of the template of their parent page).

And/or give a permission(s) related to the blog for the guest role (in the guest role page).

Sorry I'm not able to help more.

NB: in the new Regular profile (module) there is also an example of a blog instance.

• Like 2

Hi all,

Is anyone using the super ProcessBlog module with PWs multi-language support? I have five languages setup and all pages are running correctly in all languages / falling back to default (English) when no other language is available etc.

That is apart from the main blog page and it's children (the posts). I'm using the standard gateway method for urls (e.g. http://www.mysite.com/fr/blog) and standard language switch code as described here

I should also note I am only running manual input of translated content, no auto translation.

All pages are present in my main menu (no matter what language is selected) apart from 'Blog' which disappears when any language that isn't the default (English) is selected. Also, if you visit the blog page in English the language selector (which shows all languages on all other pages) only shows 'English' as being available. I'm guessing this has something to do with the way the blog is rewriting URLs (in my case to mysite.com/blog/post-title, i.e. the posts are not children of a category) but I am only guessing!

Versions in use are:

PW 3.0.42

ProcessBlog 2.4.0

I've looked at the title field in use for the blog page which is set to 'PageTitleLanguage' as are all other pages.

Anyone have any ideas as this is driving my nuts today! :-)

Thanks in advance,

Geoff.

17 hours ago, MaryMatlow said:

I'm facing another problem. Posts don't show up on the front-end, but when I login to the admin, I can see them on the fornt-end. Any idea what could be causing this behaviour?

Okay, this is sorted out. It was the "access" issue with the "blog-post" template. I removed "view and edit" access restriction and it works.

Thanks for your help @christophe

• Like 1

On 08/04/2017 at 11:05 AM, prestoav said:

Hi all,

Is anyone using the super ProcessBlog module with PWs multi-language support? I have five languages setup and all pages are running correctly in all languages / falling back to default (English) when no other language is available etc.

That is apart from the main blog page and it's children (the posts). I'm using the standard gateway method for urls (e.g. http://www.mysite.com/fr/blog) and standard language switch code as described here

I should also note I am only running manual input of translated content, no auto translation.

All pages are present in my main menu (no matter what language is selected) apart from 'Blog' which disappears when any language that isn't the default (English) is selected. Also, if you visit the blog page in English the language selector (which shows all languages on all other pages) only shows 'English' as being available. I'm guessing this has something to do with the way the blog is rewriting URLs (in my case to mysite.com/blog/post-title, i.e. the posts are not children of a category) but I am only guessing!

Versions in use are:

PW 3.0.42

ProcessBlog 2.4.0

I've looked at the title field in use for the blog page which is set to 'PageTitleLanguage' as are all other pages.

Anyone have any ideas as this is driving my nuts today! :-)

Thanks in advance,

Geoff.

Just confirmed this behavior is the same with a fresh install of PW (Minimal Profile) and ProcessBlog. Is there likely to ever be a fix to make ProcessBlog compatible with multi-lingual or is there an architectural problem?

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

I know this is probably embarrassingly simple, but I can't change the CSS for this blog for the life of me.  I'm trying to get the blog to match the look of the default PW templates so I've added:

<link href='//fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Lusitana:400,700|Quattrocento:400,700' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' />

to blog-main.inc and I've also changed the navigation section in blog.css as follows:

/* Navigation */
ul#navbar {
    font-size: 2.85em;
    list-style: none;
    padding: 0 0 15px 0;
/*     font-family: 'Shadows Into Light', cursive; */
    font-family: Quattrocento;
}

Unfortuantely, nothing changes when I reload the page.  When I view the source code, I don't see the changes I've made - it looks like the CSS has been cached somewhere and it's still pulling the old version.  I also see that the CSS has been minified (on the fly?) and I don't know where that's happening, either.

I just installed everything the other day, so I have the latest versions.

What do I need to do to get my changes to take?

Thanks,
Frank

Hi @SSC,

Welcome aboard!

I don't use it so I have to ask, Is blog-main.inc the file that contains the HTML <head> section?

Try a force reload (chrome browser) or whichever browser you are using.

6 minutes ago, rick said:

I don't use it so I have to ask, Is blog-main.inc the file that contains the HTML <head> section?

Yes it is.

Try a force reload (chrome browser) or whichever browser you are using.

I've not only tried that, but I've used multiple browsers, so I don't think it's a browser issue.

Thanks,

Frank

Okay, that eliminates one possible issue.

Next, Have you looked at the network console (dev tools) to see if the google font is loading or gives an error?

Since the font isn't appearing, it sounds like it's not loaded, so the browser reverts to its default font. 

The font is loading.  Here's the head section:

<head>
<meta charset="utf-8">
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">
<title>Blog</title>
<link href='https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Lusitana:400,700|Quattrocento:400,700' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'/>
<link href='https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Archivo+Narrow:400,400italic,700,700italic' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="/blog/site/templates/css/pocketgrid.css"/>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="/blog/site/templates/css/blog.css"/>
<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/2.1.0/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script src="/blog/site/templates/scripts/blog.js"></script>
</head>

However, when I view /blog/site/templates/css/blog.css, I still see 

... font-family:'Shadows Into Light',cursive; ...

For some reason, the changed CSS file isn't being grabbed.

I've also deleted all cache and session files, but that didn't help.

Thanks,

Frank

I just noticed something.  When I view the cached file /blog/site/assets/cache/FileCompiler/site/modules/MarkupBlog/template-files/blog-main.inc, it does not contain the changes I've made to blog-main.inc, but it should, correct?

Dev tools will show you other issues that may affect what you are seeing. For example, this image shows a css file not loading, which may indicate a typo in the path.

devtools.jpg.a9336a9876d658c6d2789f43b6968216.jpg

While this image shows bootstrap loaded 'after' the google font, which will overwrite the google font definition.

devtools2.jpg.721b8a66a0625a1b4f37e1e659a7053f.jpg

• Like 1

Well this is embarrassing.  Turns out the problem was being caused by CloudFlare's cache.  Since I rarely do stuff like this, I never remember to turn that off before I start changing things.  All I can say is that I'm glad it's Friday. >:(

Thanks for your help, Rick.

• Like 1

On 2017-4-13 at 8:48 AM, prestoav said:

Is there likely to ever be a fix to make ProcessBlog compatible with multi-lingual or is there an architectural problem?

I have previously tested Blog in a multi-lingual environment in ProcessWire 2.7 and it worked just fine. I don't know much about multi-lingual environments though. I am also not sure whether this is specific to ProcessWire 3.x. Unfortunately I do not have time to invest in looking into this particular issue. If anyone can come up with a PR I'll gladly consider it.

Hi @kongondo,

I'm having a problem with pagination for the blog. The pagination links appear alright, but when I click on page 2 it brings me back to the top of the first page? What could be wrong? Appreciate your help. Thanks.

I'm using ProcessWire 3.0.61 and ProcessBlog 2.4.0

On 5/12/2017 at 8:12 PM, MaryMatlow said:

Hi @kongondo,

I'm having a problem with pagination for the blog. The pagination links appear alright, but when I click on page 2 it brings me back to the top of the first page? What could be wrong? Appreciate your help. Thanks.

I'm using ProcessWire 3.0.61 and ProcessBlog 2.4.0

Off the top of my head ...

1. Is pagination enabled on that template?

• Like 3