Hello, Thanks, and Question: How to Override InputFiueld error message

fmquaglia

Hello Ryan and the rest of the community!

Finally I've made room in my schedule to give a try to processwire!

I found it reading a blog, and thought immediately after seeing ryan's screencasts "man, this is sweet!"

Unfortunatelly I work hard in another technology stack than php/mysql, and didn't gert the time 'til now to give it a try.

A friend of mine asked me to make a very simple prtfolio page for him, and immediately I thought "this is the time to get started with processwire"

And what can I say?

Is freaking awesome so far!

So intuitive, so simple yet powerful.

And I'm just in the surface!!!

I'm excited to see how far I can get.

So, many many thanks to Ryan and the rest of the communitiy!

I don't get this kind of dev-joy often...

Now to my question...

I am using the FormTemplateProcessor module to render a very very simple contact form.

The usual stuff, name, email, message, submit, boom -> email.

But the website is in spanish.

I was trying (and amazing myself) how the validation works fine out of the box, but found that the error message is in english.

Not big deal I can manage that (by hacking the field type module, and changing the string), but I wander if is there a more "processwiry" and political correct way to do it, if you understand what I mean (without writing a whole set of new modules that extends the inputs but in spanish neither).

Well, again many thanks for this great great CMS.

Hey @fmquaglia, welcome to the forums ;).

There currently is no better 'processwire' way of doing this, at least right now; multiple languages for frontend as well as different/multiple languages for admin – this whole mulitlinguality is currently one of weak points of ProcessWire, due to nature of it's creator (ignorant american  :rolleyes::D), but it's on top of the list for Ryan, as far as I know.

Adam

Hey Adam,

Thanks a lot for the enlightment.

I saw in the forums that you're one of the more active members, and experienced processwire users.

Your hints are always savy and straight. :)

Thanks a lot for the enlightment!

Is really not a problem to change a string.

You should have seen the unholy and dirty things I did to certain Joomla core-classes 5 years ago  ;D

Again, thanks!

Thanks for your feedback! Glad that you like ProcessWire so far! There are some features that aren't in PW yet due to it being a young cms/framework (and the issue Adam mentioned  ;)), and multilingual features are one of them. But the good news is that it's already in progress and the current top priority on the roadmap. A new user, role and permissions system also accompanies this.

Thanks,

Ryan

Hey Ryan,

Thanks a lot for the reply.

Although I know some PHP this language isn't my coup of tea.

However if I can collaborate e.g. doing the spanish translations, just let me know.

I'm so amazed with the power of processwire, that I would like to get involved somehow.

Greetings!

Thanks we could definitely use help with the Spanish translations.  I hope to be at the point in a few weeks where we can start plugging in new translations, and I very much appreciate your help.