Login With Email

Noel Boss

This module hooks into the login method to provide the possibility to login with the user's email address. This is my first module and it's very simple. Please provide feedback if you have any suggestions. Thanks :)

The module can be found in the module repository:

https://modules.processwire.com/modules/login-with-email/

or on github:

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, noelboss said:

This module hooks into the login method to provide the possibility to login with the user's email address. This is my first module and it's very simple. Please provide feedback if you have any suggestions. Thanks :)

Any information on how to access this new module would be helpful?  Thanks.

• Like 1

I have a similar module in use. For security reasons I verify if only one single user has the login email address in use. Emails aren't unique in PW like user names! Furthermore its useful to log login failures. Keep the ProcessWire Login Process safe!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks @adrian since it hooks into the default login method, this should already happen. The module does only provide a username of the user to the login method if it finds a user with the provided email. Like so:

Login attempt using default method

> hook: check if entered username is in fact email > check if (only one) user exists with this email > return users username for login

Default login method procedes.

@kixe Thanks for pointing this out. I added this check like the new login module from ryan does it. A login with email is now only possible if the email is unique. 

• Like 2

• 2 years later...