Site Profile Exporter-do you have to reinstall modules manually? (solved)

ryanC

Hi, I have backed up my site with the Site Profile Exporter module. I've done this twice and I'm not sure if it's behaving correctly. I have two modules that I am using, BodyClass and InputfieldAceExtended. When I install a fresh version of Processwire with my site profile, all the pages and templates and content is ported over as expected, but when I go to edit a page  that uses the module, Processwire gives me a red warning box that says:

The module "InputfieldAceExtended" specified to provide input for field "page_content" was not found. Please install InputfieldAceExtended or convert the field to use another input type.

When I look at my modules folder, it is already there, along with the other modules. So it was at least exported. But do I still need to install this module manually? Thanks.

Edit--Under the modules menu there is a refresh button. That did it.

Edited by ryanC
solved my issue

55 minutes ago, ryanC said:

But do I still need to install this module manually?

I haven't done Site Profile export and installing it along with PW for a while but as far as I know only a certain set of core modules are "installed" by default and another modules must be "installed" manually by clicking on the install button in the admin's module listing. Have you tried that?

• Like 1

Hi @ryanC, I recently created a profile and added something like this to admin.php:

// Add Name Class Module
if ( !$modules->isInstalled('BodyClass')  )  {
       $modules->refresh();
}
// This is Default
require($config->paths->adminTemplates . 'controller.php');

If you sign in to Admin Panel then it should refresh all modules including your automatically ...

In addition, you can protect the front file, such as home.php or basic-page.php, as follows:

if($modules->BodyClass) { 
   echo 'Your Code'; 
}

• Like 2