Just a tweak to textareas

Chris Falkenstein

Hi all,  I'm interested in making a small enhancement to the textarea fields that display in the panel/backend (when a user is editing a page).  I want the textarea fields to expand automatically based on the content within the field.  To do this I want to apply 'Autosize', a small stand alone js script.  I don't know how to make this happen.  Before I begin an epic journey through PW's less than awesome docs can you good folks point me in the right direction? 

@Chris Falkenstein, There is also the "Auto Grow" plugin for ckeditor. Simply download the plugin (and expand/unzip), and put it under : "site->modules->InputfieldCKEditor" . Edit the textarea field in question (make sure ckeditor is selected under details), navigate to the "Input" tab, and select "autogrow" from additional plugins and save. 

I just tested it out and it seems to work perfectly for me.

• Like 1

"tpr", I do appreciate that resource. Thank you.  That would in fact get me to where I want to be but it's a bit much.  I like to keep it light and tidy.  I only need about 1% of what that module offers.

"louisstephens", Thanks.  I'm using a Markdown formatter on a textarea field.  I suppose 'Auto Grow' won't fit the bill for that? 

You can disable all other submodules within AdminOnSteroids and enable only the Autosize tweak at the Misc submodule. If it's still too much you'll have to add your custom JavaScript to the admin (along with AutoSize js) and apply on document.ready().