Creating dynamic blocks on a per page basis

nickngqs

If you are concerned about the total number of fields in the profile, any template that uses a text align field can use the same text align field.  ie. Text, blurb, sections, etc.   I think it is a necessary add to have a page builder.  

If you are concerned about it slowing the page load down, it doesn't seem to.  I don't have caching enabled and it is snappy.  Turning template caching on removes the issue even if there is one.

I could get by with just one text align field, but I like having one for small screens and one for larger screens.  That way I can make text center on mobile when the column stacks, but left align on desktops when they are side by side, without writing code.  I think it is worth it.

I still have a website that runs on a database less than 1 mb.  At least until I import all of their blog posts.  You could run the whole thing in ram.

10 minutes ago, MilenKo said:

Well you have thought of it all. Great work, keep it up ?

I dont think I have it down yet.  I really think a page builder needs to live update while you change fields to be competitive with things like DIVI and Beaverbuilder and Elementor.  This is what I am working on with vue.  I am just looping through all fields attached to the page and making vue form fields that have 2 way databinding.  So when you type new text in, it changes as you type.  Or if you hit center text, it centers it instantly.  I am using the REST API plugin to push the page data back to the database when you hit save.

I plan on releasing the site profile to the community when I am done. 

It should be better than the above wordpress solutions as they are very hack solutions.  You can not, for example, add any element inside a tab module or an accordian.  You can only type manual code into their rich text.  With mine, I can add a grid with columns or really anything inside anything.

• Like 3