MarkupSitemap

Mike Rockett

11 hours ago, Mike Rockett said:

@uiui – The module supports sites with the multisite and language support modules installed. I haven't tested it it in a while, so if you have any issues, please let me know. ? 

I didn't see any issues with my multi-language site. But I don't see an option to configure it for multiple domains so that it can be "domainname.fr" for the french-speaking pages and "domainname.de" for the german-speaking ones.

I have installed this module on a site that uses URL segments on the home page. I don't seem to be able to access /sitemap.xml - it just redirects back to the homepage, presumably the path is being treated as URL segment. Is this expected behaviour or do I have something set up incorrectly?

• 1 month later...

Hi @Mike Rockett,

first of all many thanks for this useful module!

I have a language related question: Would it be possible in the near future to exclude certain languages from sitemap via modules config page? We have many customers, who want to prepare other languages in the backend, so the languages have to be enabled and active, e.g. for having preview option. But the languages should not be shown in sitemap, until the translations etc. are finished. 

Thanks in advance,

Thomas.

@Mike Rockett Hi Mike, Google should index those pages, but only in one language. To achieve this, we simply leave out all language related metatags, this is no problem. Corresponding to this, the sitemap should also be monolingual, even if all languages are activated in the backend for being edited and previewed.

• 1 month later...

I have a problem with the module.
On a page with 3 languages, the sitemap displays only the default language.

The site works without problems, I can switch the languages:
domain.ext/ (german)
domain.ext/en/ (english)
domain.ext/fr/ (french)

Is there something else that needs to be set so that the other languages are also displayed?

Oh, i found my problem... i still had the old sitemap module installed... ? 

I'm getting hundreds of PHP notices and 1 warning when visiting sitemap.xml url with debug enabled. With debug disabled everything seems ok. 

Using PW 3.0.165 and PHP 7.4.9.

Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in C:\laragon\www\mysite\site\assets\cache\FileCompiler\site\modules\MarkupSitemap\MarkupSitemap.module.php on line 413

Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in C:\laragon\www\mysite\site\assets\cache\FileCompiler\site\modules\MarkupSitemap\MarkupSitemap.module.php on line 417

Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in C:\laragon\www\mysite\site\assets\cache\FileCompiler\site\modules\MarkupSitemap\MarkupSitemap.module.php on line 427

Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in C:\laragon\www\mysite\site\assets\cache\FileCompiler\site\modules\MarkupSitemap\MarkupSitemap.module.php on line 353

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\laragon\www\mysite\site\assets\cache\FileCompiler\site\modules\MarkupSitemap\MarkupSitemap.module.php:427) in C:\laragon\www\mysite\site\assets\cache\FileCompiler\site\modules\MarkupSitemap\MarkupSitemap.module.php on line 192

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Mike Rockett,

First thank you for your modulo.

I notice this error on the Search Console: 

The sitemap can be read, but it has errors.
The sitemap is in HTML format
It appears that your sitemap is an HTML page. Use a supported sitemap format.

Examples
Row 1 Tag: html

At the moment it doesn't load me any links in the search console. What can I do?

On 5/12/2020 at 7:31 PM, Guy Incognito said:

I have installed this module on a site that uses URL segments on the home page. I don't seem to be able to access /sitemap.xml - it just redirects back to the homepage, presumably the path is being treated as URL segment. Is this expected behaviour or do I have something set up incorrectly?

Hi, did you solved this issue? I have the same problem and even removing the segmentation from home page the issue persists.

1 minute ago, Sevarf2 said:

Hi, did you solved this issue? I have the same problem and even removing the segmentation from home page the issue persists.

There's two ways I've tried in the past that worked:

1. Use a regex for your allowed url segments so it won't match "sitemap.xml"

2. Trigger a 404 manually from your homepage template file if the first input segment is "sitemap.xml"

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sevarf2 said:

You know what - I can't even remember now if/how I resolved this! ?. But the answers from @d'Hinnisdaël and @adrian are cool for future reference as I had never even noticed you could use regex in the allowed URL segments so that's great to know.

• 1 month later...

Apologies guys, I seem to have skipped 0.6.0, which was sitting on develop for quite some time. That's fine though, because if there are no issues, I'd like to bump it to v1.0. Given that it's not there yet, I've marked the module as Beta.

If anyone does bump into funny stuff, let me know and I'll get it sorted as soon as I can.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

same kind of question as xportde with a little explanation why ?
i'm currently working on a website in three languages (fr, en, es) but, at first, only one will be fully functional and i'm wondering it's possible to exclude, say, en and es, and then only es from the sitemap, knowing that google won't see the pages from the website itself as there won't be any language switch, then, only fr/en and, when ready, fr/en/es

this would allow the customer to fill the fields in the alternate languages peacefully and only send the languages to the master of the world only when everything is ready ?

thanks a lot for any advice and, of course for the module itself that i use on all my websites ?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a newbie
1) I have installed MarkupSitemapXML in my processwire 2.9 site.
Could not see site_name / sitemap.xml.
2) Also I can not add the MarkupSitemap module, although it seems to be available for Processwire 2.8.16 / 3.0.16+.
It seems that only for 2.8.16, but for 2.9 it is no longer ...
I looked through all the branches but did not find working advice.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, maybe it can be useful to someone.

I had a problem with the sitemap generated because Google, or a check tools, tell me that the page was an HTML code. And if I inspect the page it is actually encoded as an html page.

Inside the backend setting I have decheck the checkbox about the CSS, the one ask "Add a stylesheet to the sitemap". And this fix the problem. Now the page are render correctly. With tags: url, loc, xhtmal, image and so on... 
Now works so well!

5 minutes ago, Marco Ro said:

I had a problem with the sitemap generated because Google, or a check tools, tell me that the page was an HTML code. And if I inspect the page it is actually encoded as an html page.

I'm using the CSS option on few sites without a problem on Google. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/15/2017 at 7:07 PM, Mike Rockett said:

Okay, I've set it up to use a custom ISO configuration option for the default language. It only works when the home page's default language name is empty (which is "home" when processed) and LanguageSupportPageName's useHomeSegment is set to false.

First thanks for your effort building this module.

The hreflang for the default language (de) is always empty within the sitemap, e.g. is not populated with the given ISO  Code (de) from the module options, s. screenshots. But even though i don't set an ISO Code in the module options at all, i don't get a false hreflang="home" (something like that), but a empty attribute string also.

Hopefully i plain doing it wrong. Maybe some someone have a hint for me...  Thanks in advance.

1579164768_Bildschirmfoto2021-03-03um18_03_44.png.58d67d7a0182977643ab3b384dc5cd4e.png

425930385_Bildschirmfoto2021-03-03um18_01_58.png.de9e5a96b63e4344678e84d8a09c240c.png

815349028_Bildschirmfoto2021-03-03um18_01_01.png.6fb5e7a86bc55f5bee91b9881ad358dc.png

1154345259_Bildschirmfoto2021-03-03um17_59_34.png.24dba19e9851a01508c9ca3c1fd1039a.png

• bedak changed the title to MarkupSitemap: Fatal Error after updating to 0.8.1 (PHP 8+)