404 Error on all URLs

Inxentas

I've got several Processwire websites running on a local server and an external server. With one of them I have the migration issue where anything but the homepage serves a 404 error. I've read pretty much all topics about the problem but can't seem to find a solution that works. Now in my situation, I request a new virtual domain (oisterwijk-cultuur.nl) for each website, and set an A record on our own domain (mallens-markhorst.nl). The end result:

http://oisterwijk-cultuur.nl.mallens-markhorst.nl/

So far so good, but only the homepage works. Subpages and the admin URL generate a 404. Most of the topics I read revolved around changing .htaccess but I've got similar websites running on the same testing server without any modifications. Example:

http://moor-oisterwijk.nl.mallens-markhorst.nl/

I've checked the .htaccess file line by line and even copied the one from working website into the non-working one, but to no avail. I tried upgrading PW but that didn't help either. Uploading and accessing a php file works, and mod_rewrite is on. Link to phpinfo() result.

The document root in my FTP client is as follows: /data/www/oisterwijk-cultuur.nl.mallens-markhorst.nl/public_html

I've tried uncommenting and changing the RewriteBase lines, tried both the full path as just '/public_html/', but unlike others there doesn't seem to change anything for me. I get the same plain 404 every time. Any ideas on what else I can try? Apart from a fresh installation?

EDIT: I've just did a fresh install of PW 3.0.72 on the virtual domain, and it seems to have the same problem, I can't load the admin url.

It's enabled, as far as I can see. I've asked my host to take a look at the issue as well. Since others report that with certain modifications they are able to see ProcessWires' default 404 page, I've asked them to check if .htaccess is ignored for some serverside reason.

• 2 weeks later...