can't view child pages after migrating pw

pppws

hey there,

i stumbled about a pretty odd problem (at least i think it's odd). i was building a site on my local machine, everything worked just fine. after migrating the page to an actual server most of the parts still worked. only all of my childpages where gone. they are still available and editable in the backend but i can't access them in the browser. even the »view«-button is missing.

i already had a similar issue while working local: the site is a multi-language site and is use a form to create the childpages via the api. but i could fix it by adding a dedicated status to the newly created pages: $p->addStatus(Page::statusHidden);

for the migration i

1. uploaded my local processwire folder via ftp.
  2. edited the site/config.php (httpHosts)
  3. exported the local sql
  4. imported the sql backup to the new server

this strange behaviour also applies for newly created pages on the live server.

did i somehow mess up the migration – is it a bug – how do i fix it?

thanks in advance for any tip!

processwire-view-missing.jpg

i turned on the debug mode and i don't get any errors – besides the 404 error when it try to access the child page via the browser.

the permessions of the template files are: 664

edit: could the problem be caused be using a subdomain?

You could try putting TracyDebugger as it always gives me more errors than the standard debug mode. From my humble experience, there got to be something with the access to the templates. Maybe you could try setting one off the template files to 777 and see if that helps. The hosting - is it a server you control or is a shared one? If you have control over the folder, you might want to checck if your webserver (apache, nginx etc.) has its group assigned to read/write. Hope that helps...

• Like 3

Huh, as usual, the simplest is always the right solution. That is why I am trying to stay away from templates with different casing names and use something descriptive enough for its purposes.

Good that you have sorted out and thanks for coming back to us, as I noted for myself to check the naming if it happens in the real environment ;)