hellomoto

ImportEverything! (Cannot read/open CSV file from field in page under admin)

Pressing problem at initial posting:  I am working on a module that runs/previews (for pub/unpub) imports on importer page view. The template has to be in site/templates, so far as I know, so one is created there on install which includes a file to run from within the module, but then when it's run and tries to read the importer csv file it cannot, since it's in the admin, I guess... Is it possible to set the template page to a file in the module directory? Will that work?

https://bitbucket.org/chimmel/pw-import-everything

Edited by hellomoto
reference module in question
  • Like 1

I have this happening in the template file:

if(file_exists($filepath)) echo $filepath;
    echo "<a href='$filepath'>csv</a>";
    $file = fopen($filepath, 'r');
    print_r(fgetcsv($file, 0, ',', '"'));
    fclose($file);

where $filepath = $this->source->url (in a class method). So it's the page's attached CSV file's URL. The link works and downloads the file, which supposedly doesn't exist, according to the preceding line. Why??

On 19.8.2017 at 7:31 PM, hellomoto said:

Is it possible to set the template page to a file in the module directory?

There's $template->altFilename which I think is relative to the templates folder.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Robin S
      If you've ever needed to insert links to a large number of files within CKEditor you may have found that the standard PW link modal is a somewhat slow way to do it.
      This module provides a quicker way to insert links to files on the page being edited. You can insert a link to an individual file, or insert an unordered list of links to all files on the page with a single click.
      CKEditor Link Files
      Adds a menu to CKEditor to allow the quick insertion of links to files on the page being edited.

Features
      Hover a menu item to see the "Description" of the corresponding file (if present). Click a menu item to insert a link to the corresponding file at the current cursor position. The filename is used as the link text. If you Alt-click a menu item the file description is used as the link text (with fallback to filename if no description entered). If text is currently selected in the editor then the selected text is used as the link text. Click "* Insert links to all files *" to insert an unordered list of links to all files on the page. Also works with the Alt-click option. Menu is built via AJAX so newly uploaded files are included in the menu without the page needing to be saved. However, descriptions are not available for newly uploaded files until the page is saved. There is an option in the module config to include files from Repeater fields in the edited page. Nested Repeater fields (files inside a Repeater inside another Repeater) are not supported. Installation
      Install the CKEditor Link Files module.
      For any CKEditor field where you want the "Insert link to file" dropdown menu to appear in the CKEditor toolbar, visit the field settings and add "LinkFilesMenu" to the "CKEditor Toolbar" settings field.

http://modules.processwire.com/modules/cke-link-files/
      https://github.com/Toutouwai/CkeLinkFiles
    • By Noel Boss
      👋 PW Pros…
      I have some hooks that I need to bind at the init phase (or even __construct) and I was wondering, and I couldn't find a good and simple way to determine if I'm in the admin. Would be nice if there is a reliable short option to do so, but I can't seem to find one… Is there a coherent way to tell this no matter where I am?
      Right now, I use the following method inside one of my modules:
      public function isAdmin($page = null) { if ( strpos($this->input->url, $this->urls->admin) !== false || $this->process instanceof ProcessPageList || $this->process instanceof ProcessPageEdit || ($page instanceof Page && $page->rootParent->id == $this->config->adminRootPageID) ) { return true; } return false; } @ryan wouldn't it be nice to have something like wire()->isAdmin(); like wire()->user->isLoggedin(); to tell if we are in admin – very early on (probably even in __construct() phase of modules?
    • By Noel Boss
      Admin Theme Boss
      A light and clear theme based on Uikit 3
      Features
      Five unique color options Beautifully redesigned login screens Modern typography using Roboto Condensed Extended breadcrumb with edit links Extends AdminThemeUikit, so you can continue using all current and future AdminThemeUikit features Option to activate theme for all users Compatibility with AdminOnStreoids and other third party modules   Updated and Releases
      There is a shiny new release page where you can subscribe to updates for new releases of AdminThemeBoss.   Color Variants:
      ProcessWire Blue

Dark Black

Vibrant Blue

Happy Pink

Smooth Green *new with 0.6.1*

Requirements
      Requires a current ProcessWire version with AdminThemeUikit installed and activated.
      Installation
      Make sure AdminThemeUikit is activated Go to “Modules > Site > Add New“ Paste the Module Class Name “AdminThemeBoss“ into the field “Add Module From Directory“ Click “Download And Install“ On the overview, click “Download And Install“ again… On the following screen, click “Install Now“

Manual Installation
      Make sure the above requirements are met Download the theme files from GitHub or the ProcessWire Modules Repository. Copy all of the files for this module into /site/modules/AdminThemeBoss/ Go to “Modules > Refresh” in your admin Click “Install“ on the “AdminThemeBoss“ Module
    • By neophron
      Hi,
      I was searching in the forum about a method how to remove a file extension, like .jpg, but couldn't find anything.
      There are some php methods out in the wild, but I wanted first to get sure, that Processwire is offering a solution.
      The background is, that a clients website has a lot of images, packed in different galleries. All image files contain the name, dimensions and other stuff about the image (painting). I want to echo the image name in the image tag.

thanks 
    • By maba
      Hello,
      I need to import regularly - every 15 or 30 days - a big .xslx file into my PW installation.
      This file now has 14 columns, 5.000 rows and grows every month.
      I'll need to group, order and work with these data to:
      analyse User monthly costs analyse User costs per Asset ... User (real AD account) has to match with a PW user - I can't join to the domain - but as you can see I have some services users (start with sca_*) or no user at all. Those rows have to be assigned to a specific user, e.g. account100.
      And:
      I would like to be able to have a kind of diff function to compare User assets between this and last month (and so on) other request is to have a notification when something change for a User between actual and latest import First request: which is the best solution to store those data in your opinion? Page, Table, Repeater Matrix, ...?
      Those are very repetitive data and I think a page reference is better than to import all the data every time but I have to understand how to manage those "dynamic" groups of software (AccType Det), hardware (Asset), ... For example Price will be imported and not stored with the description because it could be change in the future and I'll not have any control on it.
      Thanks!
      User,OE,productNmr,AccType1,AccType Det,Count,Price (€),Sum,ASNA,CC,AccType Info,Asset,AccGroup,,,,,,,,,,,,,