abdus

Getting signed out of forum all the time

abdus    596

I'm having this issue for the last week or so. When I sign in, I make sure to check "Remember Me" box, but it doesn't seem to change anything. My account gets logged out after an hour or so, even more frequently on my smartphone. Issue persists in different browsers and devies. 

I am using a VPN (actually a ShadowSocks proxy) but how I connect shouldn't matter, because session cookies are sent with each HTTP request

Does anyone know what's happening and how I can stop this?

This is how cookies look when I log out

599802847e49e_ClipboardImage(1).thumb.jpg.42bde043e86180cf5326b8f37abb6357.jpg

This is after logging in

after.jpg.3ce32264f3d946d5084cf4bac9417834.jpg

Cookies seem to be set correctly, their expiration is set to 3 months later, but it expires anyway.

abdus    596

I think I've found a pattern.

Whenever I switch from my smartphone to PC and vice versa, my session terminates. It acts similar to how $config->sessionFingerprint works. I have a VPN on 24/7 on my PC, so it pretends to be in Amsterdam while I occasionally turn on VPN on my smartphone, so it mostly stays in Turkey. Constant switching between two devices and IP addresses is maybe what sets off this problem.

• Like 1

Robin S    2,502

No solid solution but just wanted to say that you're not alone - I get this from time to time too. Sometimes I can solve it by rebooting all my devices.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By abdus
      For the last week or so, a number of accouts have started to post status updates with (mostly) unrelated content. I've checked out the submission histories of ~20 of them, and none of them has a recent post. They were registered long time ago and made several status updates over time. I started noticing them after the last week's forum update. Something about it allowed these status updates to surface, and now around ~10-15 updates are posted daily, which is enough to flood the activity stream.
      Is anyone else bothered by this?
      These are from the last 24 hours

• By louisstephens
      I guess this is the right place to post this. Just this morning I went to like an answer someone had given, and was met with a popup stating: "Unable to give reputation to this user". Has anyone encountered this before, or is there some "cap" on users with a certain ratio (reputation to posts) that is keeping me from providing reputation. It was not a big deal, but I wanted to give credit to where credit was due.
    • By rayorg
      Hi all,
      I discovered Processwire a little over a week ago and have been playing around with it ever since.  Going through the tutorials, creating templates, pages, etc. and see what a nice system it is.  However, I'm led to believe that's it's not meant for user-centric sites, and by that I mean a site where you expect to have hundreds/thousands of users and expect them to log in, update their profiles, submit content, create galleries, message each other, chat in the Forum, get email notifications, etc. etc., you get the idea.  
      I was trying to update the Profile page last night by adding fields for First Name, Last Name, Profile Pic, and a bunch of others and realized that it's not that easy to do.  There's not even a template.php file for the Profile page.   Am I just not seeing it because I'm so inexperienced with the CMS?  Or, is Processwire really geared more towards sites where not much user interaction is expected?
      thanks,
      Ray
    • By abdus
      Code snippets are very hard to read on small screens due to lack of white-space: pre CSS property on <pre> tags. This causes very weird text wrapping. Adding this allows code to scroll sideways, which also preserves the whitespace properly. 
      Here's the problem and proposed change in action
      Readable on large screens, overflow works ✓

Unreadable on small screens, text should not wrap ✘

Proposal: add white-space: pre on <pre> elements. See it in action
      2017-04-05_20-18-03.mp4 (770KB)
      or GIPHY link
    • By Doc
      Hi,
      I'm looking for a nice forum I could use with PW.
      I'd like to use the same credentials for the PW website and for the forum.
      Any advice on that ?
      Thanks