Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By zlitrox
      Hi!
      I'm relatively new to the world of Processwire, but so far I'm really impressed by this CMS and its ease, power and speed.
      I've been looking at the different field types and also existing CKEditor modules (pwimage and pwlink).
      Here's what i want to achieve:
      I would like to use or create a own module which allows my admin users to upload pdf files inline in a CKEditor field (page content) the same way images are handled. It should be possible to upload a pdf file and specify its name and from the file uploaded and name i want to show an icon or image inline in editor and the output for that upload should be customized based on the module. Lets make it simple and say that i upload datasheet-1.pdf and want it to be named "My product datasheet", i want the output to be:
      <a href="{ link to uploaded pdf file }">My product datasheet</a>  
      Also the uploaded pdf files should be related to the page the user is editing.

Is this doable? 

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.
      PS. I'm a PHP programmer so i know it would require some custom code, but the real question is where do i start, what should it take and is it even possible to do?
    • By Dennis Spohr
      Hi all,
      in the backend of ProcessWire it's possible to define a maximum width and height for images. If you upload an image, it will be resized automatically. I find this feature very handy to safe space. Very often users upload images which are much bigger than needed.
      On my application users can upload their images via the frontend. But if you upload images using the API, images won't be resized automatically.
      Is there any way to do this?
      Currently that's my code:
      if ($_FILES['thumbnail']['name']) { $upload = new WireUpload('thumbnail'); $upload->setMaxFiles(1); $upload->setOverwrite(true); $upload->setDestinationPath($lesson->video_image->path()); $upload->setValidExtensions(array('jpg', 'jpeg', 'png')); $lesson->video_image->removeAll(); foreach ($upload->execute() as $file) $lesson->video_image->add($file); } Thanks very much!
      Dennis
    • By MilenKo
      Hello. Earlier I was able to implement a simple search on a knowledge sharing project for my company but now I was asked to add some functionality where to any page some files can be attached. It went pretty straight forward to use the FieldTypeFile and show up on the frontend all attached files by names.
      After completting the task I thougth that I could expand my search results allowing the query to search for a string within the attached file names and/or description. So on my working query:
      $matches = $pages->find("template!=keywords,title|body|keywords~=$q, limit=10");
      I tried adding the files_upload field which I created and assigned some file types. The final query got:
          $matches = $pages->find("template!=keywords,title|body|keywords|file_upload~=$q, limit=10");
      but I got a long error text:
      Error: Exception: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1191 Can't find FULLTEXT index matching the column list (in C:\OpenServer\domains\nowknow.pw\wire\core\PageFinder.php line 384)
      #0 [internal function]: ProcessWire\PageFinder->___find(Object(ProcessWire\Selectors), Array)
      #1 C:\OpenServer\domains\nowknow.pw\wire\core\Wire.php(374): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
      #2 C:\OpenServer\domains\nowknow.pw\wire\core\WireHooks.php(549): ProcessWire\Wire->_callMethod('___find', Array)
      #3 C:\OpenServer\domains\nowknow.pw\wire\core\Wire.php(399): ProcessWire\WireHooks->runHooks(Object(ProcessWire\PageFinder), 'find', Array)
      #4 C:\OpenServer\domains\nowknow.pw\wire\core\PagesLoader.php(216): ProcessWire\Wire->__call('find', Array)
      #5 C:\OpenServer\domains\nowknow.pw\wire\core\PagesLoader.php(216): ProcessWire\PageFinder->find(Object(ProcessWire\Selectors), Array)
      #6 C:\OpenServer\domains\nowknow.pw\wire\core\Pages.php(225): ProcessWire\PagesLoader->find('template!=keywo...', Array)
      #7 [internal function]: ProcessWire\Pages->_
      This error message was shown because: site is in debug mode. ($config->debug = true; => /site/config.php). Error has been logged.
      Obviously I am not getting the correct way of searching for a file name or file description in the query. Any ideas how to accomplish that?
    • By joelplambeck
      Hey there,
      I'm very new to Processwire but allready in love!
      So far my experience was great but I ran into an internal server Error (500) and my error logfile logged:
      Error:     Exception: Unknown language (in P:\xampp\htdocs\xxx\wire\modules\LanguageSupport\Languages.php line 343)
      (I know XAMPP is not the best developing area but for simplicity reasons I like it...)
      The line 343 in my Languages.php(unchanged by me) is:
      if(!$language instanceof Language || !$language->id) throw new WireException("Unknown language"); in the function of 
      public function setLanguage($language) { if(is_int($language)) { $language = $this->get($language); } else if(is_string($language)) { $language = $this->get($this->wire('sanitizer')->pageNameUTF8($language)); } if(!$language instanceof Language || !$language->id) throw new WireException("Unknown language"); $user = $this->wire('user'); $this->savedLanguage2 = null; if($user->language && $user->language->id) { if($language->id == $user->language->id) return false; // no change necessary $this->savedLanguage2 = $user->language; } $user->language = $language; return true; } I have no clue what the problem is and as far as I know when I closed the website the day before everything was working just fine.
      I copied the whole folder to "develop" further on my laptop.
      The next day I got the error mentioned above when requesting the site. (On the original and the copy)
      Any suggestions what I should do?
    • By Peter Knight
      I was trying to fix an error earlier which was preventing a series of if statements from working.
      Basically I have a button called "Product Drawing" which needs localising depending on the current language session.
      Eventually got it working - I had a bracket in the wrong place.

Curious as to why both these work though.
      On the sample below. each echo is surrounded by curly braces.
      <?php if ($page->files->count()) foreach($page->files->findTag('drawing') as $file) { if($user->language->name == 'default') {echo "<a href='$file->url' class='uk-button uk-button-primary'>Product drawing</a>";} if($user->language->name == 'french') {echo "<a href='$file->url' class='uk-button uk-button-primary'>Le plan du produit</a>";} if($user->language->name == 'german') {echo "<a href='$file->url' class='uk-button uk-button-primary'>Produktzeichnung</a>";} if($user->language->name == 'spanish') {echo "<a href='$file->url' class='uk-button uk-button-primary'>El dibujo del producto</a>";} if($user->language->name == 'italian') {echo "<a href='$file->url' class='uk-button uk-button-primary'>Il disegno del prodotto</a>";} } ?>  
      On the sample below, there are no curly braces around the echo
      <?php if ($page->files->count()) foreach($page->files->findTag('breakingreport') as $file) { if($user->language->name == 'default') echo "<a href='$file->url' class='uk-button uk-button-primary'>Breaking strain report</a>"; if($user->language->name == 'french') echo "<a href='$file->url' class='uk-button uk-button-primary'>Le test de rupture</a>"; if($user->language->name == 'german') echo "<a href='$file->url' class='uk-button uk-button-primary'>Bruchfestigkeit bericht</a>"; if($user->language->name == 'spanish') echo "<a href='$file->url' class='uk-button uk-button-primary'>Informe resistencia</a>"; if($user->language->name == 'italian') echo "<a href='$file->url' class='uk-button uk-button-primary'>La rottura rapporto ceppo</a>"; } ?>  
      Should the second piece work?