DropboxAPI

psy

try really quickly to start writing a folder select fieldtype module to be used with the DropboxAPI module. However, I didnt get very far as the fieldtype inputfield module structure is super confusing to me, is there any documentation about creting a simple field type - and yes I've looked at the mapmaker module, i bascially want a list saying you need XYZ functions to make it appear (as I tried implementing from info in Fieldtype.php and wouldnt show up as an option when creating a new field). Any help would be grateful.

@benbyf, What you need is an inputfield that extends InputfieldTextarea and implements at least render() and processInput() methods. Using some JS and a process module you can let user select a folder and save it to the textarea.

Start by creating a class that extends InputfieldTextarea, and add a button that fires up a modal to an intermediate process module. You use this module to show a list of folders that user can select using DropboxAPI. then when you get the input from the modal (check out JavaScript files for pwimage and pwlink CKEditor plugins, and ProcessPageEditImageSelect and ProcessPageLinkSelect modules), you save it to a (hidden) textarea (that you rendered in render() method). Using processInput() method you then validate the folder path, clean it up and send it to PW to save on the DB.

• Like 3

Thanks @abdus (also nice website!), I'm justing working on the module now and finding i need both inputfield and fieldtypes modules to get things going. Think I'm having trouble still on what both of their relationship is together and what functions are required. I now have them both shoing up (i.e. as a fieldtype to select and showing something on page edit), but can't currently save the info :( not ideal  :)  - I was went back to the MApMaker module for reference which helped abit but couldnt instruct me on how these two modules working toegther.

Thanks @benbyf, I really appreciate it. I'm working on a v2, and hopefully I'll release it in a few weeks.

You dont have to create a new Fieldtype, using a Textarea field (to store Dropbox folder path or JSON) with a custom Inputfield (for picking Dropbox folders) should suffice. I'll try to flesh out how you would go about creating what I meant in the previous post:

Note: I haven't tested the code below. Regard it as pseudo-code if you will.

• Create an Inputfield
    class InputfieldDropboxFolderPicker extends InputfieldTextarea {
        public function ___renderReady() {
            $this->modules->JqueryUI->use('modal');
            $this->config->scripts->add(__DIR__ . '/dropboxfolderpicker.js');
        }
        public function ___render() {
            $attrs = $this->getAttributes();
            unset($attrs['value'], $attrs['size'], $attrs['type']);
            $attrs = $this->getAttributesString($attrs);

return "
                <div class='InputfieldDropboxFolderPicker'>
                    <textarea $attrs class='hidden'></textarea>
                    <a class='pw-modal' href='/url/to/my/process/module/?modal=1'>Pick Dropbox Folder</a>
                </div>
            ";
        }
    }

• Continue by creating a ProcessField that uses DropboxAPI and shows a list of folders. Use ProcessPageEditLink.module and ProcessPageEditSelectImage.module modules as your guide.

class ProcessDropboxFolderPicker extends Process {
        public static function getModuleInfo() { ... }

public function execute()
        {
            /** @var $form InputfieldForm */
            $form = $this->modules->InputfieldForm;
            $form->action = './';
            $form->method = 'GET';

$folders = $dropboxApi->getFolders();
            $form->add([
                [
                    'type' => 'radios',
                    'id' => 'pickedFolder',
                    'label' => 'Your folders',
                    'optionColumns' => 2,
                    'options' => $folders
                ]
            ]);

return $form->render();
        }
        function install()
        {
            /** @var $p Page */
            $p = $this->installPage('dropbox-picker', null, 'Dropbox Folder Picker', 'admin');
            $p->addStatus(Page::statusHidden);
        }
        function uninstall()
        {
            $this->uninstallPage();
        }
    }

• Finally a JS file to bring it all together. (\wire\modules\Inputfield\InputfieldCKEditor\plugins\pwlink\plugin.js)

// dropboxfolderpicker.js

let $textarea = $('.InputfieldDropboxFolderPicker textarea');
    let modalSettings = {
        title: "<i class='fa fa-link'></i> Pick Dropbox Folder",
        open: function() {
            //
        },
        buttons: [{
            'class': "",
            'html': "<i class='fa fa-link'></i> Submit",
            'click': clickInsert
        }]
    };

// create modal window
    let $iframe = pwModalWindow(modalUrl, modalSettings, 'medium');

// modal window load event
    $iframe.load(function() {

let $i = $iframe.contents();
        $i.find("#ProcessPageEditLinkForm").data('iframe', $iframe);

// capture enter key in main URL text input
        jQuery("#link_page_url", $i).keydown(function(event) {
            let $this = jQuery(this);
            let val = jQuery.trim($this.val());
            if (event.keyCode === 13) {
                event.preventDefault();
                if(val.length > 0) clickInsert();
                return false;
            }
        });

}); // load

function clickInsert() {
        let $i = $iframe.contents();
        let pickedFolder = jQuery("#pickedFolder", $i).val();
        let data = {
            'picked': pickedFolder
        };
        $textarea.val(JSON.stringify(data));
        $iframe.dialog("close");
    }

Feel free to ask questions and good luck :)

I think a module is modifying your field editor, I don't have an "After Save" fieldset on my setup.

Also, change the field type to textarea, or change inputfield class to extend InputfieldText class instead

like poking a bear, how we supposed to know any of this?! I don't get any inputfields for text, but i do for textarea. How would i add one for text, or any other fieldtype , and is there any docs on this would be the actually question i guess... super infuriating.

• Like 1

While I agree on having more detailed documentation on module development, you can still add inputfield selector to FieldtypeText by hooking FieldtypeText::getConfigInputfields

Again, not tested:

wire()->addHookAfter('FieldtypeText::getConfigInputfields', function (HookEvent $e) {
    $wrapper = $e->return;
    require_once($e->config->paths->FieldtypeTextarea . 'FieldtypeTextareaHelper.php');
    $helper = new FieldtypeTextareaHelper();
    $inputfields = $helper->getConfigInputfields($e->arguments(0), $wrapper);
});

Cool thanks @abdus but again how the hell was I supposed to know that??? seems an old choice to have somethings just turn up in the admin (Process modules for example), and other types to be hookable without much reference. Think maybe a config, or function call would do the job... ?

• 2 weeks later...

Still doesnt make sense to me, anyone else got a tutorial or good examples of how inputfields and field types can be implemented?

Or maybe can even pay someone for an hours english tutorial over hangout or skype, as would like to get to gribs with this for future modules.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone.

I've made a tiny module for adding a folder select input in the admin, this allows you to select a folder path from the dropbox account associated with the DropboxAPI module. This module requires the above DropboxAPI module to work.

I made this with a lot of great advice from @abdus though much simpler than I think they would have done it. TBH I got totally confused about how to implement fieldtypes and inputfield modules and I hope that there could be an effort for tutorials or docs on this - e.g. requirements to register a inputfield, setting and using config options, interacting with the input on a page, creating a fieldtype and requirements, schema best practise.. etc.

https://github.com/benbyford/InputfieldDropbox

install / setup:

• DropboxAPI module
    • download and install DropboxAPI module, adding to your site/modules folder
    • install in modules section of admin
    • goto: https://www.dropbox.com/developers/apps
    • add new app
    • choose dropbox api, folder access, then name the folder which will appear in your dropbox /apps/
    • copy api codes and add to DropboxAPI settings.
  • InputfieldDropbox module
    • download and install InputfieldDropbox module, adding to your site/modules folder
    • install in modules section of admin
    • add new textarea field in processwire admin, save
    • within Details tab, select Dropbox on Input type select box.

dropboxinputfield.gif.37653f28ba7f04e6bea9a09924d2d8b4.gif

This gif shows me selecting from options found within my dropbox account within folder /apps/theNameOfTheRegisteredFolder.

• Like 2