Sign in to follow this  
Mirza

How to track user active time based on session login and logout

How to track user active time based on session login and logout.

Basically, I want to get the report that each user login time and logout time/session inactivity time.

Is there any module available or we can use any hooks to simulate the above.

Thanks in advance for your support.

If you want to see the current situation real-time, you could install the built-in Session Handler DB module. This changes ProcessWire to use database sessions (instead of storing session data on the disk) and also provides a handy overview under Setup > Sessions that displays currently active users, when they last did something, and where they are on the site right now.

I'm not aware of a module that would track this kind of data in the long term and/or store it in a log file, but I'm guessing that it wouldn't be terribly difficult to build one on top of the database sessions module. Someone else might have a better idea about this though.

The Login History module tracks when users last logged in, but it doesn't track logouts, so it's probably not much of a help in this case.

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By celfred
      Hello,
      I'm facing a weird issue here. I have a page loaded with this code inside (my comments in line ends) :

if ($session->allPlayers) { // Set in a head.inc file. I have also a $session->set('allTeams', $allTeams); in my head.inc   $allPlayers = $session->allPlayers; } else {   $allPlayers = getAllPlayers($user, false);   $session->set('allPlayers', $allPlayers); } bd($session->getAll()); // HERE, I get a number of 11 variables which is what I expect In the same page, I have a link pointing to ajaxContent.php that loads stuff via Ajax.
      I just write this in my ajaxContent.php to test :

bd($session->getAll()); // HERE, I get only 9 variables. All my newly set $session variables ($allTeams and $allPlayers) are not conveyed to ajaxContent.php ??? Would you have any idea why is that ??? Another thing : I have a $session->headMenu set in my head.inc, and this one works fine. I can retrieve it in my ajaxContent.php page.
      I've tried cleaning all caches but it doesn't change anything 😞 
      At first, I expected it to be a 15-minute update to my site... It turns out to be a 2-hour issue and I'm still  stuck.
      Thanks for your ideas ! 
    • By angelo, italy
      Hi guys,
      I've always used WP but I want to swtich to PW. I'm not sure ....
      I'd like to know if it's possible to create a website for an online photo contest.
      The participants of the competition could create their own account, in which they upload their photos. The photos uploaded remain visible only to themselves and the judges.
      From their account they can make the "entrance fee" payment.
      The judges of the competition can create their own account... entering they see the photos of the participants and vote photos
      At the main page I imagine the title of the competition, a button to read the regulation, and a button to register.
      The website should be in Italian and English.
      Thank you!!

• By Marcel
      Hey,
      I am about to use the tool Create Users Batcher. We have 450 users. When I tryed it with like 20 test users it worked but it took a while. Now my concerns are that 450 might be to stressful? Does anyone have experience with several hundreds of users? My thoughts are to split it in smaller goups and upload them one group after another.
      best wishes
      marcel
    • By Peter Knight
      I have a demo site which I moved to a new VPS for client testing
      We noticed that leaving a page open and then revisiting the site can result in a 25 second(ish) to load time and will then throw a 500 Error.
      The hosting guys had a look and confirmed that the server is fine but the issue could be related to authentication or sessions.
      We are running Page Protector and ProCache so I wondered if there were any known bugs here and any recommended actions.
      My actual PW log doesn't show anything but the server log has plenty of these

2018-12-06 08:14:00 Error xxx.141.1x.101 500 POST /who-we-are/ HTTP/1.0     1.58 K Apache access 2018-12-06 08:14:45 Warning xxx.141.1x.131   mod_fcgid: read data timeout in 45 seconds, referer: http://demo.abc.not/who-we-are/       Apache error 2018-12-06 08:14:45 Error xxx.141.1x.131   End of script output before headers: index.php, referer: http://demo.abc.not/who-we-are/       Apache error 2018-12-06 09:03:18 Error xxx.141.1x.131   2614#0: *667 recv() failed (104: Connection reset by peer) while reading response header from upstream       nginx error Thanks
      P