Help Setting Up Input for Tabular Data Output?

John W.

I'm working on a site where I need to output data for a table. I looked at the Matrix plugin, but, I don't think it does exactly what I want...since my particular table is split into colspans i.e. Direct, Maternal, Carcass, and $Index

An example of the table output is attached.

I've pondered using 3 repeaters for the first column titled, EPD, Acc and %Rank.  Each one of these repeaters would have the fields for CE, BW, WW, YW, MCE....

The last thing I want is to have to create a very long list of inputs vertically down the page for each field in the back-end for my client.

Any PW gurus here, maybe help me out? If there is absolutely, no alternative to make input simple for my client, let me know if I have to buy ProFields.

thanks mucho!

Screen Shot 2017-08-09 at 4.17.34 PM.png

hi, could be a perfect fit for my Handsontable module: 

if the headers are always the same you could just set them up in your field settings.

the problems with my module are that the field will not be queryable (does that word exist?) and that it is currently not easily possible to add columns to the field lateron since the field settings will change but the data stored in the field will not. if that's no problem for you it could be worth a try ;)

@szabesz the datatables module is more for presentation inside the admin, not for input

• Like 2

I read "I need to output data for a table" so input did not occurred to me, but I might be totally wrong. Sorry for that. Besides, I forgot the name of this other table module of yours (Handsontable). Thanks for reminding us :)

Edited by szabesz
fix in the text
  • Like 1