Can´t login to the Forum

Ralf

Hi Pete,

i found today a little Problem in the Forum. I´m at work on a MS Windows 7 PC with Internet Explorer 8 and as i want to login to the PW Forum i can´t because there are no Login-Button...

i´ve made a screenshot from it, see it attached

post-644-0-72113400-1345634675_thumb.png

That is odd - looks like IE8 is stacking the buttons over each other.

Any chance you can upgrade to IE9 in the meantime? I realise that's not always possible in a corporate environment and doesn't fix the problem for other IE8 users.

I might have a chance to look at it later if I can find a PC with IE8 or if my Virtual Windows machine still runs IE8.

Cheers for the report though!

Any chance you can upgrade to IE9 in the meantime? I realise that's not always possible in a corporate environment and doesn't fix the problem for other IE8 users.

I might have a chance to look at it later if I can find a PC with IE8 or if my Virtual Windows machine still runs IE8.

Cheers for the report though!

Nope sorry it´s a big corporate an the PC´s are Fort Knox ;)

(at the moment i go via the chat-login... that´s working)

I've had the exact same problem with IE8 on my work PC (running XP). The workaround i used is to change the forum theme to IP.Board Mobile. Login is then available from where you change back to the default theme if you want to.

Should be fixed now :)

Nope sorry it´s a big corporate an the PC´s are Fort Knox ;)

I keep forgetting what that was like - now I'm in control of IT at my current job so have IE auto-updating every time a new version comes out (fortunately we don't run any legacy web apps).

• Like 1

I'm in control of IT at my current job so have IE auto-updating every time a new version comes out (fortunately we don't run any legacy web apps).

If you are in control of IT, why are you even using IE?? :)

Hehe, it's easy to set a group policy to update computers but a bit more hassle to get it to install FF or Chrome and set it up as default browser.

Not impossible I know, but just not got around to it yet.

IE10 requires Windows 8, but I'm looking forward to that as well to be honest.

I just wish the way to build tiles and stuff on the Metro interface was HTML5 and jQuery and not the uber-complicated system they've developed instead.

Hehe, it's easy to set a group policy to update computers but a bit more hassle to get it to install FF or Chrome and set it up as default browser.

Not impossible I know, but just not got around to it yet.

You know that there are GPO template/admin files for Chrome, right?

http://www.chromium.org/administrators/policy-templates

/Jasper

• Like 1