Use Ckeditor to populate an HTML block

ARG

Hello everyone. I am in the process to understand how to build HTML blocks ( like cards, for example) with de possibility to edit/populate them with the confort and ease of use of Ckeditor. I built a template with 3 fields: 
-Title: page title
-ckeditor1: textarea (the editor)
-card_html: textarea (the html code)
The template is associated to a page. The output will look to something like: 

echo "<h3>{$page->card_html}</h3>";

Until there, no problem. 
The question is about the card_html code: if I want to use ckeditor to populate my card, I must output the content  generated by the editor, in the HTML code of the card_html field.
I tryed something like: 

<div class="uk-child-width-1-2@s uk-grid-match" uk-grid>
    <div>
        <div class="uk-card uk-card-hover uk-card-body">
        <h3 class="uk-card-title">My title</h3>
<?php echo $pages->get("/page-1/")->ckeditor1; ?>

The output shows:    get("/page-1/")->ckeditor1; ?>

So : Or I am trying something impossible. Or I am doing it wrong.
Can anybody help ? 

Thank you.

Hello @ARG

By design CKEditor is for generating valid and "preferable" HTML stripping out any unwanted markup/code, including PHP. It is configurable, meaning it is possible to specify what gets stripped out and what not, but I do not recommend using it the way you wanted to.

You might have better luck with this one: https://modules.processwire.com/modules/inputfield-ace-extended/

An alternative way is to directly edit files in the admin: 

However, keep in mind that letting users directly edit code is a huge security hole/risk. Only trusted superusers should be allowed to do that. Non superusers should only use Hanna Code (similar to WordPress short codes): https://modules.processwire.com/modules/process-hanna-code/

• Like 1

Hello szabesz, thank you for your advices.
But....
I don't want to build an HTML element structure inside Ckeditor. This part is built (or, I would like it to be built) in the other field ''card_html'' (textarea  field)
I just want to use Ckeditor like it is supposed to be: for the ease to write content, and manage things related to content. Nothing else.
(In my actual website, the editor (old version of TinyMCE) allows the mix of content and HTML tags. I don't fear for security, as I am the only user/admin/redactor/designer/builder... name it... But as soon as the page/block is a little bit complex, the edition of the content becomes cumbersome.)
I am trying to find a way to separate HTML structure from content.
And my question is about ''how to include the content (ckeditor1  file) in the structure (card_html file)'' ?
(if possible) 

6 hours ago, ARG said:

I am trying to find a way to separate HTML structure from content.

In general, you should do this by putting your HTML structure into your template files. Only content should come from your fields.

So this...

On 01/08/2017 at 1:34 PM, ARG said:

I tryed something like: 

<div class="uk-child-width-1-2@s uk-grid-match" uk-grid>
    <div>
        <div class="uk-card uk-card-hover uk-card-body">
        <h3 class="uk-card-title">My title</h3>
<?php echo $pages->get("/page-1/")->ckeditor1; ?>

...should be in your template file, not in a textarea field.

Once you've got the hang of "normal" template files you can explore field template files too - these are more of an optional extra than a must have.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Robin S said:

Once you've got the hang of "normal" template files you can explore field template files too - these are more of an optional extra than a must have

Yes, I had a look into, 2 days ago. And...well... I am not ready :-)
I will follow your advice: understand  the ''normal'' logic of PW, instead of trying to apply another (CMS) logic, just to stay in the confort zone.
Thank you !

• Like 1