Redirecting to subdomain

houseofdeadleg

I've just followed the directions for setting up a multisite processwire installatiopn (OPTION #1: MULTIPLE SITES WITH MULTIPLE DATABASES), to install a development site as a subdomain. I've gone through all the instructions and my main site is now working again and I can access it/log in as usual, but I can't access the new subdomain, I just get an error message - 

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Any idea why I'm getting this message?

I've been working on his over the last few days and I've now got to a point where everything should be working from what I can see, but I'm getting a different error message now –

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Error has been logged.

If I turn on debugging I get a bit more detail -

Fatal error: Exception: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1044] Access denied for user 'xxxxxx'@'localhost' to database 'xxxxxx' (in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/wire/core/ProcessWire.php line 377) #0 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/wire/core/ProcessWire.php(209): ProcessWire\ProcessWire->load(Object(ProcessWire\Config)) #1 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/index.php(52): ProcessWire\ProcessWire->__construct(Object(ProcessWire\Config)) #2 {main} in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/index.php on line 64