PW 3.0.67: Upgrades to file/image tags

ryan

6 hours ago, Pixrael said:

why webp still is a invalid file extension?? No make sense for me if I only need to use the url to the file in my pages, I'm not processing the image data.. only print the path

PW creates thumbnails for files uploaded to an image field, so the file type needs to be something that the ImageSizer supports. Webp is not yet supported.

If you just need the path then you can use a file field.

sorry,  my first reply was a mistake, thought i edited it, but instead added a 2nd reply - the first reply only fixes the z-index issue; in terms of why the tags all vanish, it must be something with the JS init; for any sites in production, i have now switched over to use the module, and it works fine, and fixes both the vanishing tags and the z-index;

depending on how you use image tagging you should be able to seamlessly switch between core tagging and module tagging, as long as you don't use the label/value pairs that the module features. At this stage the differences can be summed up:

| Feature                   | Core | Module |
|---------------------------|------|--------|
| Label/Value Pairs Support | N    | Y      |
| Z-index problem           | Y    | N      |
| Template context support  | N    | Y      |
| Tags vanish on upload     | Y    | N      |
  • Like 1

WordPress guys have already "invented" the idea of integrating a 3rd party plugin into the core of the next major release. If developers can nominate and vote for the next such plugin/module then it is a very effective way to boost the system with features most people need.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2017 at 5:25 PM, Robin S said:

PW creates thumbnails for files uploaded to an image field, so the file type needs to be something that the ImageSizer supports. Webp is not yet supported.

If you just need the path then you can use a file field.

Yes, I know, but what I need is to insert the images into CKEditor, it looks like I'm finally going to have to do a hanna code for that. Thanks anyway