Widgitized Templates

robinc

I am making a website where on multiple pages i would like to have swappable customisable 'widget's or cms editable areas.

Can anyone suggest how to implement a good visual way of doing this? (eg. Like the repeater field but each entry is an inline editable widget)

Could you explain a little more what you're imagining? I might have a few ideas, but I don't want to send you on a wild goose chase. I'm not completely sure if I understand the "swappable" part right (select different ones or just reorder?). Are these widgets/areas supposed to be individual to each page they're on or (what widget means to me) shared between pages?

Sure. For this, widgets are configurable for each instance that exists. Each page should be able to as many as needed in any order, possibly 2+ of the same type on a page, with different config set.

Example widgets:

Custom menu, contact form, wysiwyg area, show latest article (with link to more).

I get that each widget type would be a template, and each instance a page on the back end.

Want to be able to make changes to all widgets on a page in one screen though, not constantly navigating to different places.

Thanks

hi robin,

coming from other cms the widgets seem to be quite common. i created somthing like this some time ago and never needed it again until now. but you will find some useful information here:

and here:

in the screencast you see it starting at 2:15

2015-05-20_2249.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, robinc said:

Sure. For this, widgets are configurable for each instance that exists. Each page should be able to as many as needed in any order, possibly 2+ of the same type on a page, with different config set.

Example widgets:

Custom menu, contact form, wysiwyg area, show latest article (with link to more).

I get that each widget type would be a template, and each instance a page on the back end.

Want to be able to make changes to all widgets on a page in one screen though, not constantly navigating to different places.

Thanks

Sounds pretty similar to what someone else was asking.  You can do something like this with Page Table or Page Table Extended:

• Like 2