HannahShawIllustrator.co.uk

benbyf

New website created by myself for Hannah Shaw Children's book illustrator: http://hannahshawillustrator.co.uk/

5964b969b5d53_Screenshot2017-07-1018_03_11.thumb.png.dc03df6302a19a267b6e67ea850ea259.png

Modules used:

AIOM+
Croppable Image 3
PageTable extended - used to create layouts such as: 2up, 3up, 1third-2thirds, video, slideshow etc.
Image Animated GIF
Site-wide File Manager
PublishToTwitter3
Video embed for YouTube/Vimeo
Template Notes

lots of Javascript and CSS animations to give it some fun flare where possible.

• Like 11

Cool site, Ben! Seems it was very fun to work on it. :)

The css / js file sizes are minimum which is very good, congrats! But I noticed that some images could be more compressed and save a lot of bandwidth on mobile, like clouds.png.

I used https://tinypng.com/ to compress it and it went from 278kb to 91.1kb. Their tool also compresses JPGs. I reckon you didn't have the time to do it yet. ;)

• Like 2

@Sergei thanks. I am big on performance but I always struggle to add image compression to my workflow as i kind of want it running on the server for all new image uploads too :( but dont know of a good solution... whatever happened to that module that did that?!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

@benbyf I always enjoy seeing your work, a real fun site this one :)

I am browsing on the iPad though in portrait mode and the top menu items to the right press but don’t go to the intended links. A long press triggers the safari modal to open the link.

They work in landscape as a single horizontal menu.

I know this thread is old but just a heads up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, benbyf said:

Cant actually see why this is the case, works fine on desktop browserss, but on iOS safari it disregards the right hand menu items <a> events ...

Yeah it's really weird. Works fine on android boat browser too.

In safari 11.0.1 on OSX 10.13.1, when you shrink the screen so the menus are vertical, tapping the touchpad doesn't work either, but click does.

The menu items on the left work fine with touchpad and click. Think it's something to do with the top menu item, behaviour is different on that one for some reason. I attempted a video with giphy to demonstrate.

HSI.mp4

Maybe this'll help.