All user/passwords do not work anymore

jen

Yesterday we somehow lost access to all current admin, superuser/passwords to processwire.  We tried using the reset password form and nothing was sent.  We began noticing some of the menu buttons went missing as well as some photos.  Any suggestions how to resolve the login issue?

9 hours ago, jen said:

We began noticing some of the menu buttons went missing as well as some photos.

Something (someone?) must have changed your site I guess. Loosing all passwords and at the same time you have a site that "somehow" changed? Do you have a backup?

BTW, more troubleshooting tips can be found here, for example: 

• Like 2

When all passwords won't work anymore at the same time I'm pretty sure someone changed the salt in the /site/config.php. 

595a302ce3b5f_ScreenShot2017-07-03at13_52_28.png.a5bdd670135231c83400ca028c6d5327.png

Otherwise find a superuser in the 'pages' table in phpMyAdmin or another databasetool and try to reset it.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, szabesz said:

I was thinking of it too, but even in that case the password reset should work but he reported the opposite.

require "index.php";
$admin = $users->get('admin'); // or whatever your username is
$admin->setAndSave('pass', 'yo123456');
$session->redirect($config->urls->admin);

@jen, something else is happening that we don't know about. Do you get any error messages? 404 page? Do y'all know the admin url?

Edited by rick
accidentally saved before completed.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, szabesz said:

I was thinking of it too, but even in that case the password reset should work but he reported the opposite.

Agree, but are we sure the right script has been executed with the right usernames? Perhaps they don't know the right usernames and therefore it seems like it won't work. I would suggest looking up in the database. Assumptions ... :) 

@jen, where did you execute the reset script? Did you get any errors? 

• Like 2