3.x: To many languages breaks MySQL index limit

phiro

Hi,

it seems that processwire creates two table-indexes for each used multilanguage field. I am building a small website in 37 langues. In this case there are more then 64 indexes, which ist the default limit of mysql (ERROR 1069 (42000): Too many keys specified; max 64 keys allowed). 

Any idea how to solve this on site of processwire (without recompiling mysql)?

Many thanks,

Philipp

indexes.png

To my knowledge, recompiling is the only way, since the index count limit depends on the storage engine itself, not the row format used (unlike index length / column count). Even then it's only possible to double the number of languages - though 64 languages is quite a lot. There might be a MySQL compatible database system without that limitation. I haven't found a list of limitations of Amazon Aurora yet, but it might be worth checking out where its limitations are.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Any solution for this i am also getting same error

SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1069 Too many keys specified; max 64 keys allowed

my web site have 32 language. I contact with host about upgrade the limit but i still waiting.

Is there any thing i can do? What is the limitation of the language number for this? 

• 5 years later...