Renaming Processwire Directories

ethanbeyer

I've built a couple PW sites now, and often I break my directories up like this:

assets
  files
  cache
  logs
  sessions
  active.php
  index.php
  installed.php
backups
fonts
js
modules
scss
templates
vendor

But I kind of wish, in that schema, that I could change it to something like this:

modules
resources
  fonts
  js
  images
  scss
storage
  backups
  cache
  files
  logs
  sessions
  active.php
  index.php
  installed.php
templates
vendor

My reasoning is that JS/CSS/Theme Images/Fonts are site assets (or "resources"), while the caches/files/logs/sessions are more storage.

And that is fine to set up manually - but in looking over the config.php file, I can't find a place where I can set that so that ProcessWire will respect it.

Every part of this CMS is flexible, so I do assume there is a way to do this - I just don't know what it is. Has anyone else done something like this?

i keep everything for the front end in the templates folder, since a lot of modules and such use the templates directory as the assumed location of the fonts, js, css files... i tried a long time ago to keep some things outside of templates, but it didn't really help and was somewhat annoying to deal with... i can't see any reason why templates folder can't hold everything, plus then you can use alternate template folder setup for testing and development (like templates-dev)... and have a completely separate independent copy of all those things

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Macrura said:

... plus then you can use alternate template folder setup for testing and development (like templates-dev)... and have a completely separate independent copy of all those things

! Interesting. You use a «complete copy»? Is it handy? can you, please, give some more tips? thanks