Trying to get some help from Process wire

Dinodog

Firstly i am getting an Error coming up on my website www.reeflodge.com.au when people are trying to make a booking. It says "Sorry something has gone wrong please try again later" The website designer is no longer around and I  can't seem to find anyone who works with Processwire and everyone wants to move me over to Wordpress at a big $$$ cost. Can anyone one help me please? Screen shot attached

Thanks

Dean

error screeshot samsung.jpg

@Dinodog probably something in the form is not valid data so the form returns an error, the problem is the form shows the same message no matter what the problem is (at least when javascript is on).

Your form sends data to reeflodge.com.au/php/mail.php, probably that mail.php file is where the error occurs, you can post the code here and someone might be able to figure out what the problem is.

• Like 2

@Dinodog,

This doesn't appear to be a ProcessWire issue. However...

The error is displayed from this div element located just after the closing form element:

<div id="error" class="error box">
  Something went wrong, please try again later. We truly apologize for the inconvenience.
</div>

This indicates that the javascript validation function is failing causing this div element to become visible (rather than the success message). The validation is failing for some reason, either improper user input, or a bug in the code.

The form contains this hidden element which gets submitted with the other form data:

<input type="hidden" name="recipients" value="developer2@puredataconsulting.com, stay@reeflodge.com.au, designer@puredataconsulting.com" />

Do you get any emails at the stay@ address? Also, the two references to pure data suggests two things. First, pure is the company that produced your web site, and two, they also get copies of all your confirmation emails (why?).

Are there any error entries in your server logs which might indicate another cause? Such as the email routine? If so, please post back with that information so we might be able to help further.

• Like 1

Well, I tried to submit the form (with test Mastercard numbers), but looking at the browser console, it seems like there is a security issue because you are trying to post from www.domain to domain. Adjust the form post URL, and see if that helps (use relative URLs, or make sure visitors always get redirected to www.). See attached screenshot.

If that doesn't fix the issue, you'd have to look into lamoon.js, or jquery.validationEngine.js

(But yeah, as other ppl have mentioned, this has nothing to do with ProcessWire per se.)

console-errors.PNG

• Like 3

thanks for the reply I will have a look into this and see if I can find someone who may be able to help me out as I know little about code. All I do know is this was working fine until a few months ago. Seems the biggest issue is with mobile or smart phones.

Thanks again and I will get back to you.

:0)

On 2017-6-11 at 7:27 AM, Dinodog said:

I  can't seem to find anyone who works with Processwire and everyone wants to move me over to Wordpress at a big $$$ cost.

Hi @Dinodog

Hope you get sorted soon. 

BTW There's a ProcessWire Developer Directory here: http://directory.processwire.com/ which lists some of the member available for hire. Might be a good future reference.

Glad to hear you haven't moved to WordPress. Security nightmare to say the least and a world of pain :) 

• Like 1