SebastianP

selector "sort" by date and selected id's

Hi, 

for a news blog I select the articles by template and sort by post_date: "template=article, sort=-post_date". Also I have a page reference field, wich holds a manually selection of some of this articles. Is there a way to customize the selector string so the manually selected articles come as the first entries? Because of some issues with the pagination I don't want merge two page arrays. 

Thank you, regards
Sebastian

The Paginator module is very nice solution.

Another approach would be to add a "featured" checkbox to the article template. Then you use a Pages::saveReady() hook to keep the checkbox and the Page Reference field in sync - if an article is added to the Page Reference field you set the checkbox to 1 and vice versa. You could set the checkbox inputfield to hidden if you only want to use the Page Reference field to select featured articles.

Then your articles selector would be "template=article, sort=featured,-post_date"

• Like 2

Thank you both! I have found now another solution for my problem with the use of urlSegments. 

Regards Sebastian