Inputfield Repeater error after PW update to 2.8.35

Marcel Stäheli

Hello there

I recently updated a website running PW 2.6.1 to PW 2.8.35. I followed the instructions and everything went fine. The website is being displayed as it should. However if I try to edit the home-page (ID=1) I get this error:

Error: Call to a member function getInputfield() on null (line 204 of C:\inetpub\wwwroot\www.globalsystem.ch\wire\modules\Fieldtype\FieldtypeRepeater\InputfieldRepeater.module)

the code in the file on that line is:

/**
 * Determine if the request is one we should handle (internal) or one that another
 * script coming after this (external) will handle.
 */
$internal = isset($_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']) && realpath(__FILE__) == realpath($_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME']);
if(!$internal) register_shutdown_function('ProcessWireExternalShutdown');

The site is running on IIS8. There is another page that uses a (diffrent) repeater field and it can be edited just fine. Is the error cause because the repeater is on the home-page? Any idea how to fix it?

I'm not sure about this error, but just a correction to the code that is triggering it - line 204 in PW 2.8.35 is:

$inputfield = $field->getInputfield($this->page);

The legacy branch has been updated to 2.8.62 (despite what is says on the "Download" page) and the code in InputfieldRepeater.module has changed in this version. So you could try updating to 2.8.62 and see if that resolves the issue.

• Like 1

The problem was with that particular repeater field. It caused an error in the backend no matter on what page I tried to use it.

I recreated the repeater-field with a new name using the same fields as before and populated it with the same content as before. Now it works. No idea what caused that error, I didn't find anything suspicious in the settings of that repeater field.

• Like 2