Sign in to follow this  
gornycreative

Strange multisite installation quirk

Hi!

I've been working over a number of sites into processwire, but I have come across a strange bug I cannot wrap my head around.

I'm using method #1. Single wire directory, multiple site- directories with index.config.php and config.php set up properly.

I've had no problem setting domains in the configs up until this point. www and root domains are loading perfectly. However I tried to add a subdomain value 'new.domain.com' and I have put the bits in all the right spots. I get a 500 Internal Server Error.

If I change the subdomain to something else, same deal. Only domain.tdl and www.domain.tdl entries are working.

Any thoughts? I'm using the latest stable 3.X branch.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Jimmie Bragdon
      Wondering if anyone can help me get past a sticking point.  
      I'm setting up a Processwire instance in a multiple site setup (using Soma's multisite) to run several related websites.  I am getting stuck on the tagging system that I am using (adapted from a standalone PW site I'm running).  I have the tags themselves set up as Pages, and the Tags field on the related pages is and ASMselect field that populates based on the pages underneath /tags/ in the tree.  This system works fine on the standalone site.
      Where I am running into issues, is with trying to use them with the multisite setup.  Specifically, choosing the proper subset of pages for tags on the ASMselect input tab.  I want to choose only the tag pages for the site in question.  
      My tree is laid out like this:
      Multisite / 
                | site1.com
                     | subsections
                | site2.com
                     | subsections
                | Tags
                     | site1.com
                          | tagA
                          | tagB
                     | site2.com
                           | tagC
      So far, the best I've been able to do is to use  'parent.has_parent=/tags/' in the Custom Find or Selector String portion of the Selectable Pages section of the input.  This gives me the options of choosing tagA, tagB, or tagC on a page under site1.com.  What I'd like to find is a selector that allows me to only see tagA, tagB as options from a page under site1.com and only tagC on a page under site2.com.
      Elsewhere in my php templates, I'm using $page->rootParent->title to set the proper scope and URLs for things, but I have not found a way to get that to work in this field input setup.  I am trying to avoid creating specific fields and templates for each site, as unified templates were part of the purpose of going with a multisite install.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.
    • By cosmicsafari
      Hi all,
      Just a quick question, when using the multisite module is there anything different that needs to be done in order to setup HTTPS for each of the domains its serving?
      Would a single SSL certificate for the main domain be enough to cover the others aswell or would you need multiple ceritficates one for each domain the mutlisite setup uses?

• By phillipschmitz
      500 Error after the latest Core Update.
      I have no idea why and what causes the problem, or how to solve it. (Maybe reupload the wire folder?)

Any ideas? 
    • By Peter Knight
      I think I've been through every GoDaddy related post on the forum but not had any success so far with this.
      Basically, a client's site started to throw various errors after a failed SSL install by their host. 
      Accessing https://www.domain.com results in an error and a redirect to
      https://www.domain.not/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi
      Accessing http://www.domain.not gives a blank 500 page
        Im happy to side step the SSL issue at the moment if I could get the site up.
      I'm pretty sure it's a .htaccess issue as adding "blahdhdgdgd" to the start of the .htaccess file results in an "internal Server Error"
      Tried every .htaccess tweak I could find to no avail. Even restored an older .htaccess file from last week before the SSL issue doesn't work.
      It's a "real doozy", this one

• By ethanbeyer
      I have a question about Multiple Site implementation, and how to possible "share" modules between them.
      First, required reading: https://processwire.com/api/modules/multi-site-support/  I'm dealing with Option #1.
      The way this works is that in the root directory of a site, there is an index.config.php file that denotes what domain is mapped to which site-*/ directory.
      The project I am working on has three site-*/ directories, each with their own site-*/modules/ directory.
      What has happened is that a lot of the modules from site to site are the same.
      I was wondering if there was any way to "share" modules between sites in the Multiple Site setup, via symlink or alias, or potentially if there was some roadmapped feature that @ryan has planned to solve this issue.
      Either way, any help/pointers would be appreciated!