Jump to content
joshuag

Recurme – Processwire Recurring Dates Field & Custom Calendar Module.

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, adrian said:

Thanks @joshuag - just curious - did you also take a look at the rrule code icon idea I brought up?

I did not modify it. I didn't even think of it, but it's a good idea. I'll do a quick update on that. Thanks!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the update @joshuag, great to see Recurme continue being updated. 

I haven't had opportunity to update my current installs yet, but have a new project Recurme would be ideal for.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19.12.2017 at 11:33 AM, snck said:

I could not find a way to get the value of the "all day" checkbox and found out that its state is hard-coded (checked) in InputfieldRecurme.module. I need to differentiate between "all day" and "normal" events and output them differently on a clients website. Could you please implement something like a $event->allDay property?

Thanks!

Hey @joshuag, thanks for the update! The toggle fix did not solve my problem (quoted above) because you still do not store the value of the checkbox/toggle. Could you please implement something like an $event->allDay property with a simple binary value? 

Thank you in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On March 12, 2018 at 10:49 AM, snck said:

Hey @joshuag, thanks for the update! The toggle fix did not solve my problem (quoted above) because you still do not store the value of the checkbox/toggle. Could you please implement something like an $event->allDay property with a simple binary value? 

Thank you in advance!

$event->allDay should be giving you the value of $allDay in the event object true/false. This is also implemented in the json stored in the field. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fresh install of PW 3.0.62, I'm getting this error when installing the latest version of Recurme:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 262144 bytes) in /var/sites/t/X/public_html/wire/core/Modules.php on line 3921

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 262144 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

Never seen this before and I'm a bit stumped... Any ideas?

Edit: Increased memory limit with ini_set on the module to see where this goes and got a 30s execution time error. Can't figure this one out, there must be a loop somewhere as increasing that came back to a 800MB memory limit!

Edit 2: Solved! I'll send you an e-mail with details.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On March 14, 2018 at 2:10 PM, DonPachi said:

Fresh install of PW 3.0.62, I'm getting this error when installing the latest version of Recurme:


Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 262144 bytes) in /var/sites/t/X/public_html/wire/core/Modules.php on line 3921

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 262144 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

Never seen this before and I'm a bit stumped... Any ideas?

Edit: Increased memory limit with ini_set on the module to see where this goes and got a 30s execution time error. Can't figure this one out, there must be a loop somewhere as increasing that came back to a 800MB memory limit!

Edit 2: Solved! I'll send you an e-mail with details.

I would love to know what happened. Let me know, if I need to, I will issue an update right away. Thank you!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @joshuag - not sure if I am just missing it, but is there a method for adding new dates via the API? I have a LOT of events to import. Or, do I have to manually build up the JSON eg:

{"startDate":1518778800,"endDate":1518940740,"allDay":false,"timeEnd":"12:00 pm","dates":["W7/16/Fri/Feb/2018","W7/17/Sat/Feb/2018"],"excluded":[],"active":true,"showResults":true,"rrule":"WKST=MO;FREQ=DAILY;DTSTART=20180216T030000Z;INTERVAL=1;UNTIL=20180217T235900Z"}

and populate with $page->event->date = $jsonStr;

Thanks!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, adrian said:

Hey @joshuag - not sure if I am just missing it, but is there a method for adding new dates via the API? I have a LOT of events to import. Or, do I have to manually build up the JSON eg:


{"startDate":1518778800,"endDate":1518940740,"allDay":false,"timeEnd":"12:00 pm","dates":["W7/16/Fri/Feb/2018","W7/17/Sat/Feb/2018"],"excluded":[],"active":true,"showResults":true,"rrule":"WKST=MO;FREQ=DAILY;DTSTART=20180216T030000Z;INTERVAL=1;UNTIL=20180217T235900Z"}

and populate with $page->event->date = $jsonStr;

Thanks!

I don’t have a method to add dates via the api, but that is a good idea.

If you do add dates by populating the json manually, I could see some complications arising depending on how you have chosen the repeat pattern in the Recurme Field. Because the dates are generated based on the rrule via JavaScript. 

I will give this some thought and see how we could make this a no-brainer. 

Thanks for the great idea. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, joshuag said:

I will give this some thought and see how we could make this a no-brainer. 

Thanks for looking into this - right now I am going to have to either build up the JSON, or wait for you to implement an API method. I think the API method is essential because I am sure others will also need to import dates from existing sites. 

I'd appreciate knowing whether you might have time to implement this relatively quickly, or if you think it might take some time to get to - not pressuring, just needing to know if I need to take the JSON approach to meet my deadlines. Thanks for your time!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, adrian said:

Thanks for looking into this - right now I am going to have to either build up the JSON, or wait for you to implement an API method. I think the API method is essential because I am sure others will also need to import dates from existing sites. 

I'd appreciate knowing whether you might have time to implement this relatively quickly, or if you think it might take some time to get to - not pressuring, just needing to know if I need to take the JSON approach to meet my deadlines. Thanks for your time!

Sending you a pm. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13.3.2018 at 7:42 PM, joshuag said:

$event->allDay should be giving you the value of $allDay in the event object true/false. This is also implemented in the json stored in the field. 

Thanks, it worked for events I received through $recurme->find.

I could not find a way to access the allDay value from an event page.

$allDay = $recurme->event($page->id)->allDay;

Could you please point me in the right direction on how to access the allDay property for one single event?

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @joshuag - I am quite confused about calling dates via the API.

From the docs it looks like I should do:

$recurme->event($page)->start_date;

but what if I have more than one recurme field on the page?

I am tempted to parse it myself like this:

json_decode($page->event_dates)->startDate;

because this way I can get the start date from my selected "event_dates" field.

However I am sure I am missing something in how this is meant to be used :)

Any tips please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@joshuag - I am also confused about the output of endDate - it's always a day after the specified end date - is this for some reason intentional? It seems confusing to me.

Note that importing using the script you PM'd me is also problematic with this "bug" - if you provide an end date, the end date shown in the field edit dialog is one day before the end, but when you output it via the API it returns the end date I specified on import, so it's quite confusing to the editor.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even more confusion. Take these examples - why does the value of enddate vary depending on how I get it?

image.png.74ef1e29bb21d3cac1c7e859afce37f3.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, more details:If I import a date, the json initially looks like this:

{"startDate":1520956800,"endDate":1522440000,"allDay":false,"timeEnd":"02:00 pm","dates":["W11/13/Tue/Mar/2018","W11/14/Wed/Mar/2018","W11/15/Thu/Mar/2018","W11/16/Fri/Mar/2018","W11/17/Sat/Mar/2018","W11/18/Sun/Mar/2018","W12/19/Mon/Mar/2018","W12/20/Tue/Mar/2018","W12/21/Wed/Mar/2018","W12/22/Thu/Mar/2018","W12/23/Fri/Mar/2018","W12/24/Sat/Mar/2018","W12/25/Sun/Mar/2018","W13/26/Mon/Mar/2018","W13/27/Tue/Mar/2018","W13/28/Wed/Mar/2018","W13/29/Thu/Mar/2018","W13/30/Fri/Mar/2018"],"excluded":[],"active":true,"showResults":false,"rrule":"WKST=MO;FREQ=DAILY;DTSTART=20180313T100000Z;INTERVAL=1;UNTIL=20180330T140000Z"}

Then if I open the page in the admin and save the page (without changing anything), it then looks like this:

{"startDate":1520960400,"endDate":1522479540,"allDay":false,"timeEnd":"02:00 pm","dates":["W11/13/Tue/Mar/2018","W11/14/Wed/Mar/2018","W11/15/Thu/Mar/2018","W11/16/Fri/Mar/2018","W11/17/Sat/Mar/2018","W11/18/Sun/Mar/2018","W12/19/Mon/Mar/2018","W12/20/Tue/Mar/2018","W12/21/Wed/Mar/2018","W12/22/Thu/Mar/2018","W12/23/Fri/Mar/2018","W12/24/Sat/Mar/2018","W12/25/Sun/Mar/2018","W13/26/Mon/Mar/2018","W13/27/Tue/Mar/2018","W13/28/Wed/Mar/2018","W13/29/Thu/Mar/2018"],"excluded":[],"active":true,"showResults":false,"rrule":"WKST=MO;FREQ=DAILY;DTSTART=20180313T100000Z;INTERVAL=1;UNTIL=20180330T140000Z"}

Notice the change in the startDate and endDate stamps as well as the fact that "W13/30/Fri/Mar/2018" is removed after saving.

Help :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, me again :)

When I create a new event through the admin and it's a non-recurring event, it doesn't store the enddate:

{"startDate":1522971420,"endDate":false,"allDay":false,"timeEnd":"08:00 pm"

But you have no API method for getting the end time directly in your API calls (at least not that I can see) - what am I missing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, adrian said:

Hey @joshuag - I am quite confused about calling dates via the API.

From the docs it looks like I should do:


$recurme->event($page)->start_date;

but what if I have more than one recurme field on the page?

I am tempted to parse it myself like this:


json_decode($page->event_dates)->startDate;

because this way I can get the start date from my selected "event_dates" field.

However I am sure I am missing something in how this is meant to be used :)

Any tips please?

I am not sure that multiple recurme fields in a single page would work as expected. Parsing the Json would work well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, adrian said:

Ok, more details:If I import a date, the json initially looks like this:


{"startDate":1520956800,"endDate":1522440000,"allDay":false,"timeEnd":"02:00 pm","dates":["W11/13/Tue/Mar/2018","W11/14/Wed/Mar/2018","W11/15/Thu/Mar/2018","W11/16/Fri/Mar/2018","W11/17/Sat/Mar/2018","W11/18/Sun/Mar/2018","W12/19/Mon/Mar/2018","W12/20/Tue/Mar/2018","W12/21/Wed/Mar/2018","W12/22/Thu/Mar/2018","W12/23/Fri/Mar/2018","W12/24/Sat/Mar/2018","W12/25/Sun/Mar/2018","W13/26/Mon/Mar/2018","W13/27/Tue/Mar/2018","W13/28/Wed/Mar/2018","W13/29/Thu/Mar/2018","W13/30/Fri/Mar/2018"],"excluded":[],"active":true,"showResults":false,"rrule":"WKST=MO;FREQ=DAILY;DTSTART=20180313T100000Z;INTERVAL=1;UNTIL=20180330T140000Z"}

Then if I open the page in the admin and save the page (without changing anything), it then looks like this:


{"startDate":1520960400,"endDate":1522479540,"allDay":false,"timeEnd":"02:00 pm","dates":["W11/13/Tue/Mar/2018","W11/14/Wed/Mar/2018","W11/15/Thu/Mar/2018","W11/16/Fri/Mar/2018","W11/17/Sat/Mar/2018","W11/18/Sun/Mar/2018","W12/19/Mon/Mar/2018","W12/20/Tue/Mar/2018","W12/21/Wed/Mar/2018","W12/22/Thu/Mar/2018","W12/23/Fri/Mar/2018","W12/24/Sat/Mar/2018","W12/25/Sun/Mar/2018","W13/26/Mon/Mar/2018","W13/27/Tue/Mar/2018","W13/28/Wed/Mar/2018","W13/29/Thu/Mar/2018"],"excluded":[],"active":true,"showResults":false,"rrule":"WKST=MO;FREQ=DAILY;DTSTART=20180313T100000Z;INTERVAL=1;UNTIL=20180330T140000Z"}

Notice the change in the startDate and endDate stamps as well as the fact that "W13/30/Fri/Mar/2018" is removed after saving.

Help :)

endDate will always be startDate -> till END OF THE CURRENT DAY from the interface if you have a timeEnd (11:59 from your example). endDate always represents the UNIX TIMESTAMP of the day/hour/min in seconds of the END TIME of the event. If you want a date for the events to stop if it is repeating, then it refers the the UNTIL value part of the RRULE UNTIL value. The until value tells recurme to expand the repeating dates up to the UNTIL date. I can see how this is confusing. I might rename these variables now that you have brought it to my attention. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, joshuag said:

I am not sure that multiple recurme fields in a single page would work as expected. Parsing the Json would work well. 

I doubt it's a common scenario, but I have never seen a PW fieldtype work this way - normally you just call $page->fieldname so it's weird to get used to parsing an entire page to $recurme.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at this all again now. I am working with manually created events (so there aren't any complications with API import) and I am still confused.

This is what I set up:

image.thumb.png.193df0834b9bf4c0fcf0eab290681280.png

 

$recurme->renderEvent($page, array('dateFormat' => 'M d, Y @ g:i a'));

results in: Error: Trying to get property of non-object on line: 682 of MarkupRecurme.module

If I do:

image.png.48d9ed3b2ca9ede323d68ad38480a5be.png

you can see that the "time" is off by an hour - probably a timezone issue, but how can I manually output something like:

March 13th - March 30th, 2018
10:00 am - 2:00 pm

This sort of output I am sure is quite common.

The problem is that end_date: 1522562399 is 2018-03-31 11:59 but the event only goes until the 30th. So how do I get the 30th - do I have to parse UNTIL from rrule, or can do take end_date and subtract one day - what is the reliable way to get the actual end date?

Sorry if I am being stupid - I can't believe I am the only person to come across these issues, but I don't think I am missing anything - I think the module just needs more properties with things like actual start date, start time, end date and end time so we can easily output custom formats.

Let me know if you want to spend a little time on a live chat/call about this.

Thanks!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, adrian said:

$recurme->renderEvent($page, array('dateFormat' => 'M d, Y @ g:i a'));

results in: Error: Trying to get property of non-object on line: 682 of MarkupRecurme.module

Sorry, I understand my mistake on this. It needs:

image.png.654a491235782a235c9e172d49044b72.png

Although I still don't know why the dateFormat is not being respected in the output.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @joshuag - firstly I wanted to send some kudos your way - I feel like I've been complaining lots in my last few posts :) I have been playing around with RenderList, RenderEvent, RenderCalendar etc, and the backend Calendar views and they really are awesome - thanks for all the hard work!

I do have a request though - I have been looking at the rrule in the json and wondering if you'd consider adding a helper to parse the rule into plain english. I'd love to be able to output this: 

WKST=MO;FREQ=MONTHLY;DTSTART=20180402T100000Z;INTERVAL=1;BYDAY=TU;BYSETPOS=2;UNTIL=20180428T235900Z

as: 

Every second Tuesday from 10 am to 2 pm from April 2nd, 2018 till April 28th, 2018

Do you have any thoughts on this? Is there already an inbuilt method that I missed that would help with this?

Thanks again!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @joshuag - sorry to bump this, but wondering if you've had any thoughts on any of my questions above?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On March 28, 2018 at 7:25 AM, snck said:

Thanks, it worked for events I received through $recurme->find.

I could not find a way to access the allDay value from an event page.


$allDay = $recurme->event($page->id)->allDay;

Could you please point me in the right direction on how to access the allDay property for one single event?

Thank you!

Try this updated file: 
I will add this to my next release.

Thank you!

MarkupRecurme.module

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On April 6, 2018 at 5:54 PM, adrian said:

Sorry, I understand my mistake on this. It needs:

image.png.654a491235782a235c9e172d49044b72.png

Although I still don't know why the dateFormat is not being respected in the output.

change the timeFormat option instead,

or

change the xBefore template to use {date} instead of {time}.
 

'xBefore' => '<li class="rm-list-event {original.name}"><span class="rm-event-date">{time}</span> ',

 

On April 6, 2018 at 5:13 PM, adrian said:

Looking at this all again now. I am working with manually created events (so there aren't any complications with API import) and I am still confused.

This is what I set up:

image.thumb.png.193df0834b9bf4c0fcf0eab290681280.png

 


$recurme->renderEvent($page, array('dateFormat' => 'M d, Y @ g:i a'));

results in: Error: Trying to get property of non-object on line: 682 of MarkupRecurme.module

If I do:

image.png.48d9ed3b2ca9ede323d68ad38480a5be.png

you can see that the "time" is off by an hour - probably a timezone issue, but how can I manually output something like:

March 13th - March 30th, 2018
10:00 am - 2:00 pm

This sort of output I am sure is quite common.

The problem is that end_date: 1522562399 is 2018-03-31 11:59 but the event only goes until the 30th. So how do I get the 30th - do I have to parse UNTIL from rrule, or can do take end_date and subtract one day - what is the reliable way to get the actual end date?

Sorry if I am being stupid - I can't believe I am the only person to come across these issues, but I don't think I am missing anything - I think the module just needs more properties with things like actual start date, start time, end date and end time so we can easily output custom formats.

Let me know if you want to spend a little time on a live chat/call about this.

Thanks!

 

yeah, this looks like a timezone issue. I am digging into it. thanks for bringing it up. Subtracting one day won't work or be consistent. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By David Karich
      ProcessWire InputfieldRepeaterMatrixDuplicate
      Thanks to the great ProModule "RepeaterMatrix" I have the possibility to create complex repeater items. With it I have created a quite powerful page builder. Many different content modules, with many more possible design options. The RepeaterMatrix module supports the cloning of items, but only within the same page. Now I often have the case that very design-intensive pages and items are created. If you want to use a content module on a different page (e.g. in the same design), you have to rebuild each item manually every time.
      This module extends the commercial ProModule "RepeaterMatrix" by the function to duplicate repeater items from one page to another page. The condition is that the target field is the same matrix field from which the item is duplicated. This module is currently understood as proof of concept. There are a few limitations that need to be considered. The intention of the module is that this functionality is integrated into the core of RepeaterMatrix and does not require an extra module.
      Check out the screencast
      What the module can do
      Duplicate multible repeater items from one page to another No matter how complex the item is Full support for file and image fields Multilingual support Support of Min and Max settings Live synchronization of clipboard between multiple browser tabs. Copy an item and simply switch the browser tab to the target page and you will immediately see the past button Support of multiple RepeaterMatrix fields on one page Configurable which roles and fields are excluded Configurable dialogs for copy and paste Duplicated items are automatically pasted to the end of the target field and set to hidden status so that changes are not directly published Automatic clipboard update when other items are picked Automatically removes old clipboard data if it is not pasted within 6 hours Delete clipboard itself by clicking the selected item again Benefit: unbelievably fast workflow and content replication What the module can't do
      Before an item can be duplicated in its current version, the source page must be saved. This means that if you make changes to an item and copy this, the old saved state will be duplicated Dynamic loading is currently not possible. Means no AJAX. When pasting, the target page is saved completely No support for nested repeater items. Currently only first level items can be duplicated. Means a repeater field in a repeater field cannot be duplicated. Workaround: simply duplicate the parent item Dynamic reloading and adding of repeater items cannot be registered. Several interfaces and events from the core are missing. The initialization occurs only once after the page load event Changelog
      2.0.0
      Feature: Copy multiple items at once! The fundament for copying multiple items was created by @Autofahrn - THX! Feature: Optionally you can disable the copy and/or paste dialog Bug fix: A fix suggestion when additional and normal repeater fields are present was contributed by @joshua - THX! 1.0.4
      Bug fix: Various bug fixes and improvements in live synchronization Bug fix: Items are no longer inserted when the normal save button is clicked. Only when the past button is explicitly clicked Feature: Support of multiple repeater fields in one page Feature: Support of repeater Min/Max settings Feature: Configurable roles and fields Enhancement: Improved clipboard management Enhancement: Documentation improvement Enhancement: Corrected few typos #1 1.0.3
      Feature: Live synchronization Enhancement: Load the module only in the backend Enhancement: Documentation improvement 1.0.2
      Bug fix: Various bug fixes and improvements in JS functions Enhancement: Documentation improvement Enhancement: Corrected few typos 1.0.1
      Bug fix: Various bug fixes and improvements in the duplication process 1.0.0
      Initial release Support this module
      If this module is useful for you, I am very thankful for your small donation: Donate 5,- Euro (via PayPal – or an amount of your choice. Thank you!)
      Download this module (Version 2.0.0)
      > Github: https://github.com/FlipZoomMedia/InputfieldRepeaterMatrixDuplicate
      > PW module directory: https://modules.processwire.com/modules/inputfield-repeater-matrix-duplicate/
      > Old stable version (1.0.4): https://github.com/FlipZoomMedia/InputfieldRepeaterMatrixDuplicate/releases/tag/1.0.4
    • By Robin S
      A new module that hasn't had a lot of testing yet. Please do your own testing before deploying on any production website.
      Custom Paths
      Allows any page to have a custom path/URL.
      Note: Custom Paths is incompatible with the core LanguageSupportPageNames module. I have no experience working with LanguageSupportPageNames or multi-language sites in general so I'm not in a position to work out if a fix is possible. If anyone with multi-language experience can contribute a fix it would be much appreciated!
      Screenshot

      Usage
      The module creates a field named custom_path on install. Add the custom_path field to the template of any page you want to set a custom path for. Whatever path is entered into this field determines the path and URL of the page ($page->path and $page->url). Page numbers and URL segments are supported if these are enabled for the template, and previous custom paths are managed by PagePathHistory if that module is installed.
      The custom_path field appears on the Settings tab in Page Edit by default but there is an option in the module configuration to disable this if you want to position the field among the other template fields.
      If the custom_path field is populated for a page it should be a path that is relative to the site root and that starts with a forward slash. The module prevents the same custom path being set for more than one page.
      The custom_path value takes precedence over any ProcessWire path. You can even override the Home page by setting a custom path of "/" for a page.
      It is highly recommended to set access controls on the custom_path field so that only privileged roles can edit it: superuser-only is recommended.
      It is up to the user to set and maintain suitable custom paths for any pages where the module is in use. Make sure your custom paths are compatible with ProcessWire's $config and .htaccess settings, and if you are basing the custom path on the names of parent pages you will probably want to have a strategy for updating custom paths if parent pages are renamed or moved.
      Example hooks to Pages::saveReady
      You might want to use a Pages::saveReady hook to automatically set the custom path for some pages. Below are a couple of examples.
      1. In this example the start of the custom path is fixed but the end of the path will update dynamically according to the name of the page:
      $pages->addHookAfter('saveReady', function(HookEvent $event) { $page = $event->arguments(0); if($page->template == 'my_template') { $page->custom_path = "/some-custom/path-segments/$page->name/"; } }); 2. The Custom Paths module adds a new Page::realPath method/property that can be used to get the "real" ProcessWire path to a page that might have a custom path set. In this example the custom path for news items is derived from the real ProcessWire path but a parent named "news-items" is removed:
      $pages->addHookAfter('saveReady', function(HookEvent $event) { $page = $event->arguments(0); if($page->template == 'news_item') { $page->custom_path = str_replace('/news-items/', '/', $page->realPath); } }); Caveats
      The custom paths will be used automatically for links created in CKEditor fields, but if you have the "link abstraction" option enabled for CKEditor fields (Details > Markup/HTML (Content Type) > HTML Options) then you will see notices from MarkupQA warning you that it is unable to resolve the links.
      Installation
      Install the Custom Paths module.
      Uninstallation
      The custom_path field is not automatically deleted when the module is uninstalled. You can delete it manually if the field is no longer needed.
       
      https://github.com/Toutouwai/CustomPaths
      https://modules.processwire.com/modules/custom-paths/
    • By teppo
      Hey folks!
      I'm happy to finally introduce a project I've been working on for quite a while now: it's called Wireframe, and it is an output framework for ProcessWire.
      Note that I'm posting this in the module development area, maily because this project is still in rather early stage. I've built a couple of sites with it myself, and parts of the codebase have been powering some pretty big and complex sites for many years now, but this should still be considered a soft launch 🙂
      --
      Long story short, Wireframe is a module that provides the "backbone" for building sites (and apps) with ProcessWire using an MVC (or perhaps MVVM... one of those three or four letter acronyms anyway) inspired methodology. You could say that it's an output strategy, but I prefer the term "output framework", since in my mind the word "strategy" means something less tangible. A way of doing things, rather than a tool that actually does things.
      Wireframe (the module) provides a basic implementation for some familiar MVC concepts, such as Controllers and a View layer – the latter of which consists of layouts, partials, and template-specific views. There's no "model" layer, since in this context ProcessWire is the model. As a module Wireframe is actually quite simple – not even nearly the biggest one I've built – but there's still quite a bit of stuff to "get", so I've put together a demo & documentation site for it at https://wireframe-framework.com/.
      In addition to the core module, I'm also working on a couple of site profiles based on it. My current idea is actually to keep the module very light-weight, and implement most of the "opinionated" stuff in site profiles and/or companion modules. For an example MarkupMenu (which I released a while ago) was developed as one of those "companion modules" when I needed a menu module to use on the site profiles.
      Currently there are two public site profiles based on Wireframe:
      site-wireframe-docs is the demo&docs site mentioned above, just with placeholder content replaced with placeholder content. It's not a particularly complex site, but I believe it's still a pretty nice way to dig into the Wireframe module. site-wireframe-boilerplate is a boilerplate (or starter) site profile based on the docs site. This is still very much a work in progress, but essentially I'm trying to build a flexible yet full-featured starter profile you can just grab and start building upon. There will be a proper build process for resources, it will include most of the basic features one tends to need from site to site, etc. --
      Requirements and getting started:
      Wireframe can be installed just like any ProcessWire module. Just clone or download it to your site/modules/ directory and install. It doesn't, though, do a whole lot of stuff on itself – please check out the documentation site for a step-by-step guide on setting up the directory structure, adding the "bootstrap file", etc. You may find it easier to install one of the site profiles mentioned above, but note that this process involves the use of Composer. In the case of the site profiles you can install ProcessWire as usual and download or clone the site profile directory into your setup, but after that you should run "composer install" to get all the dependencies – including the Wireframe module – in place. Hard requirements for Wireframe are ProcessWire 3.0.112 and PHP 7.1+. The codebase is authored with current PHP versions in mind, and while running it on 7.0 may be possible, anything below that definitely won't work. A feature I added just today to the Wireframe module is that in case ProcessWire has write access to your site/templates/ directory, you can use the module settings screen to create the expected directories automatically. Currently that's all, and the module won't – for an example – create Controllers or layouts for you, so you should check out the site profiles for examples on these. (I'm probably going to include some additional helper features in the near future.)
      --
      This project is loosely based on an earlier project called pw-mvc, i.e. the main concepts (such as Controllers and the View layer) are very similar. That being said, Wireframe is a major upgrade in terms of both functionality and architecture: namespaces and autoloader support are now baked in, the codebase requires PHP 7, Controllers are classes extending \Wireframe\Controller (instead of regular "flat" PHP files), implementation based on a module instead of a collection of drop-in files, etc.
      While Wireframe is indeed still in a relatively early stage (0.3.0 was launched today, in case version numbers matter) for the most part I'm happy with the way it works, and likely won't change it too drastically anytime soon – so feel free to give it a try, and if you do, please let me know how it went. I will continue building upon this project, and I am also constantly working on various side projects, such as the site profiles and a few unannounced helper modules.
      I should probably add that while Wireframe is not hard to use, it is more geared towards those interested in "software development" type methodology. With future updates to the module, the site profiles, and the docs I hope to lower the learning curve, but certain level of "developer focus" will remain. Although of course the optimal outcome would be if I could use this project to lure more folks towards that end of the spectrum... 🙂
      --
      Please let me know what you think – and thanks in advance!
    • By tcnet
      PageViewStatistic for ProcessWire is a module to log page visits of the CMS. The records including some basic information like IP-address, browser, operating system, requested page and originate page. Please note that this module doesn't claim to be the best or most accurate.
      Advantages
      One of the biggest advantage is that this module doesn't require any external service like Google Analytics or similar. You don't have to modify your templates either. There is also no JavaScript or image required.
      Disadvantages
      There is only one disadvantage. This module doesn't record visits if the browser loads the page from its browser cache. To prevent the browser from loading the page from its cache, add the following meta tags to the header of your page:
      <meta http-equiv="Cache-Control" content="no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate" /> <meta http-equiv="Pragma" content="no-cache" /> <meta http-equiv="Expires" content="0" /> How to use
      The records can be accessed via the Setup-menu of the CMS backend. The first dropdown control changes the view mode. There are 4 different view modes.
      View mode "Day" shows all visits of the selected day individually with IP-address, browser, operating system, requested page and originate page. Click the update button to see new added records. View mode "Month" shows the total of all visitors per day from the first to the last day of the selected month. View mode "Year" shows the total of all visitors per month from the first to the last month of the selected year. View mode "Total" shows the total of all visitors per year for all recorded years. Please note that multiple visits from the same IP address within the selected period are counted as a single visitor.
      Settings
      You can access the module settings by clicking the Configuration button at the bottom of the records page. The settings page is also available in the menu: Modules->Configure->ProcessPageViewStat.
      IP2Location
      This module uses the IP2Location database from: http://www.ip2location.com. This database is required to obtain the country from the IP address. IP2Location updates this database at the begin of every month. The settings of ProcessPageViewStat offers the ability to automatically download the database monthly. Please note, that automatically download will not work if your webspace doesn't allow allow_url_fopen.
      Dragscroll
      This module uses DragScroll. A JavaScript available from: http://github.com/asvd/dragscroll. Dragscroll adds the ability in view mode "Day" to drag the records horizontally with the mouse pointer.
      parseUserAgentStringClass
      This module uses the PHP class parseUserAgentStringClass available from: http://www.toms-world.org/blog/parseuseragentstring/. This class is required to filter out the browser type and operating system from the server request.
      Special Feature
      PageViewStatistic for ProcessWire can record the time a visitor viewed the page. This feature is deactivated by default. To activate open the module configuration page and activate "Record view time". If activated you will find a new column "S." in the records which means the time of view in seconds. With every page request, a Javascript code is inserted directly after the <body> tag. Every time the visitor switches to another tab or closes the tab, this script reports the number of seconds the tab was visible. The initial page request is recorded only as a hyphen (-).
       
    • By MoritzLost
      This module allows you to integrate hCaptcha bot / spam protection into ProcessWire forms. hCaptcha is a great alternative to Google ReCaptcha, especially if you are in the EU and need to comply with privacy regulations.

      The development of this module is sponsored by schwarzdesign.
      The module is built as an Inputfield, allowing you to integrate it into any ProcessWire form you want. It's primarily intended for frontend forms and can be added to Form Builder forms for automatic spam protection. There's a step-by-step guide for adding the hCaptcha widget to Form Builder forms in the README, as well as instructions for API usage.
      Features
      Inputfield that displays an hCaptcha widget in ProcessWire forms. The inputfield verifies the hCaptcha response upon submission, and adds a field error if it is invalid. All hCaptcha configuration options for the widget (theme, display size etc) can be changed through the inputfield configuration, as well as programmatically. hCaptcha script options can be changed through a hook. Error messages can be translated through ProcessWire's site translations. hCaptcha secret keys and site-keys can be set for each individual inputfield or globally in your config.php. Error codes and failures are logged to help you find configuration errors. Please check the README for setup instructions.
      Links
      Github Repository and documentation InputfieldHCaptcha in the module directory Screenshots (configuration)

      Screenshots (hCaptcha widget)

       
       

       
×
×
  • Create New...