joshuag

Recurme – Processwire Recurring Dates Field & Custom Calendar Module.

The fix seems to be to set all events as recurring, and use a count of one for events that don't actually recur.

@joshuag

Got some notices when installing that you might like to fix:

image.png.1d3395be3f3e6f6be1c719bdb565018a.png

Also, and much more importantly, on the UiKit theme, there are some big CSS issues:

image.png.bf6766c51bdd1181bcf8b62de0f77984.png

Also, I don't understand why the start date includes the time when "All Day" is checked. Maybe I am missing something, but I think that makes it quite a confusing UI. Is there a way around this?

Another issue I am having is how to define an end date/time if it's not a recurring event. I was hoping I wouldn't need separate fields for recurring and non-recurring events. Do I?

Thanks!

I'm trying to pass options to both renderEvent() and renderList(), but the functions aren't picking up my settings.
Here's code from my list display page:

$siteEvents = $pages->find("template=meetingevent, sort=meeting-event-date-recurring");

$options = array(
'selector'			=> '',
'monthFormat'		=> 'F',
'dateField'			=> 'recurme',
'renderEvent' 		=> array(
	'dateFormat' 	=> 'M d, Y @ g:i a',
	'timeFormat' 	=> 'g:i a',
	'dayFormat'		=> 'd',
	'monthFormat'	=> 'M',
	'yearFormat'	=> 'Y',
	'hourFormat'	=> 'g',
	'minuteFormat'	=> 'i',
	'secondFormat'	=> 's',
	'ampmFormat'	=> 'a',
	'xBefore' 		=> '<li class="rm-list-event {original.name}">ASDF<span class="rm-event-date">{time}</span> ',
	'xItem'			=> '<a href="{link}" title="{title}">',
	'xAfter'		=> 'STRING {title}</a></li>'
),
'renderDay'			=> array(
	'xBefore'		=> '<ol class="rm-list-day {todayClass} rm-{dayName}"><li><h3>',
	'xItem'			=> '<span class="rm-date-day">{day}</span><span class="rm-date-month">{month}</span><span class="rm-date-year">{year}</span></h3>',
	'xListBefore'	=> '<ol class="rm-list-events">',
	'xListAfter'	=> '</ol><!-- close list-events -->',
	'xAfter'		=> '</li></ol><!-- close day -->'
),
'renderMonth'		=> array(
	'xBefore'		=> '<ul class="rm-list-month rm-{month}"><li>',
	'xItem'			=> '<h2>{month}</h2>',
	'xAfter'		=> '</li></ul><!-- close month -->'
),
'cache'				=> true,
'cacheName'			=> '',
'noEvents'			=> '<p>No events to show!</p>',
);

$content .= $recurme->renderList($siteEvents, $options);

Events.png.5c55137a87cef596121185bd64141a91.png
Output looks like the attached screen shot.
Note that I'm not seeing any of my customization (I changed the UL to OL and added some strings, to test). 
I'm also not seeing Dates displayed.
Clearly I've missed something here - any help appreciated.

On 2/15/2018 at 3:58 PM, Smoo said:

Clearly I've missed something here - any help appreciated.

If I understand correctly you have to get the events from $recurme->find() or equivalent.

Actually i completely worked around this, pulling apart the object returned by $recurme->event() and formatting the whole setup myself.
But next time...
Anyway thanks for the tip.

Hi guys, sorry for the delay in replying.

I am going over the following details from this thread and will post an update ASAP:

• Install issues - blank file path, notices.
  • UIKIT theme CSS conflicts.
  • returning data on non-recurring events
  • all day toggle 
  • render methods and output overrides. 

As soon as I have an update, I will post it here to the forum. 

• Like 2

On December 19, 2017 at 3:56 PM, netcarver said:

@joshuag Early on in the thread you mentioned a work-in-progress fix for the 2800 event limit, and also about a more elegant update feature when adding exclusions. Any update on this? I've scanned the posts in the rest of the thread but might have missed it. Have these issues been addressed in the current version?

Hi Netcarver, 

Currently, I am still unable to break that limit or 2800 repeats of an event. Even so, that is a long time:

Example Recurring Time:

Daily = approx. 7.5 years
Weekly = approx. 53.5 years
Monthly = approx. 233 years
Yearly = approx. 2800 years

I am working on a copy of recurme with a revised interface but it is nowhere near complete. The current exclusion works ok for 99% of the use cases. Although I do agree that it could be GREATLY improved. I would like to focus on fixing the more pressing bugs before releasing any huge changes to the interface. 

• Like 2

Hi Guys, 

Here is an updated version of Recurme. I would appreciate any testing/feedback. 

## [1.0.2] - 2018-02-21
### changed
 - Fixed Skipping Month Issue for months with more days (ie. Jan 31)
 - Fixed Broken $options[RenderEvent] options (see this post)
 - Fixed Non-repeating event data
     - Non-repeating events display without setting repeat to x1.
 - Added timeStart field. 
 - Added timeEnd field. $event->timeEnd
 - Added “All Day” toggle
 - Fixed Install notice $template->id
 - UIKIT theme compatibility Fixes

InputfieldRecur.1.0.2.zip

• Like 1

Thanks for the getting to these issues @joshuag

1) It looks like the UiKit theme issues are fixed

2) I can't seem to save a non all day event. I uncheck "all day" and enter a start and end time, but when I save the page, the "all day" is checked and the end time isn't saved.

3) The results seem to be off by a day - note 15/16 vs 14/15 in the results.

image.thumb.png.767404c826e201f13c394a541ec6d3f7.png

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, adrian said:

Thanks for the getting to these issues @joshuag

1) It looks like the UiKit theme issues are fixed

2) I can't seem to save a non all day event. I uncheck "all day" and enter a start and end time, but when I save the page, the "all day" is checked and the end time isn't saved.

3) The results seem to be off by a day - note 15/16 vs 14/15 in the results.

image.thumb.png.767404c826e201f13c394a541ec6d3f7.png

Hmmm. That is very strange that you can’t save. Do you have any js errors?

also, have you set your timezone in the config? 

Looking to see if I can Reproduce this. 

Thanks a lot! 

4 minutes ago, joshuag said:
9 minutes ago, adrian said:

Hmmm. That is very strange that you can’t save. Do you have any js errors?

Looks like it's ok now - I changed the date to something else, then saved and now it's working. Not sure if it was some change tracking issue or what. I did try several times before, but seems ok now - I'll keep an eye on it and let you know.

Let me know if you have troubles reproducing the results table issue.

Also, would you consider changing the behavior of the code icon - I see that it's a tooltip for the RRule, but it might be nice if there was no target, because I thought it was clickable and the # target directs me to the top of the page and makes me think the link is broken. I actually think it might be nice if clicking it showed the RRule below, like the results table shows.

This question is not really specific to this module, but I am wondering if there is a standard way to handle multiday events that have different start/end times on different days, like a concert or conference. I am guessing these just need to be single separate events, otherwise it's not really a recurring event?

• Thanks 1

A different incarnation of the save issue:

save_bug.gif.1194735178aac25d6ab99bbd44f8c1fe.gif

• Thanks 1

@adrian yes, I could change the rrule. Good idea. 

Thank you for testing this and the detailed feedback. I’m trying to track down why it’s not saving your start time or this would be happening. I’ll post a fix as soon as I can reproduce it and figure it out :) 

As for multi-day events, you are correct, they can repeat on those days, or be separate events. Currently I have no means to span days with events. 

Looks like there is no timeStart in the POST data:

image.thumb.png.6bf87473168e8ed53dfc69e95d1039cd.png

{"startDate":1518699600,"endDate":1518854340,"allDay":false,"timeEnd":"03:00 pm","dates":["W7/14/Wed/Feb/2018","W7/15/Thu/Feb/2018"],"excluded":[],"active":false,"showResults":true,"rrule":"WKST=MO;FREQ=DAILY;DTSTART=20180215T050000Z;INTERVAL=1;UNTIL=20180216T235900Z"}

Looks like there is no timeStart in the POST data:

image.thumb.png.6bf87473168e8ed53dfc69e95d1039cd.png

{"startDate":1518699600,"endDate":1518854340,"allDay":false,"timeEnd":"03:00 pm","dates":["W7/14/Wed/Feb/2018","W7/15/Thu/Feb/2018"],"excluded":[],"active":false,"showResults":true,"rrule":"WKST=MO;FREQ=DAILY;DTSTART=20180215T050000Z;INTERVAL=1;UNTIL=20180216T235900Z"}

There is no timeStart in the data since I am saving the date+timeStart as a Unix timestamp. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, joshuag said:

There is no timeStart in the data since I am saving the date+timeStart as a Unix timestamp. 

It looks like the timestamp is not being updated, because that timestamp is showing 5am in the POST data after saving.

3 minutes ago, joshuag said:

@adrian Could you try this updated JS file? 

rrule-gui.js

This seems to have fixed the time update issue - thanks!

Just the results table issue to go :)

1 minute ago, adrian said:

This seems to have fixed the time update issue - thanks!

Just the results table issue to go :)

Thanks a lot. Do you have your config timezone set? 

Just now, joshuag said:

Thanks a lot. Do you have your config timezone set? 

I do have the timezone set (we are talking about in the PW config.php?). Anything else I can do to debug?

I do have the timezone set (we are talking about in the PW config.php?). Anything else I can do to debug?

looks like anything before 6am is counting as the day before. :/ hmmmm.

On February 21, 2018 at 11:47 AM, joshuag said:

looks like anything before 6am is counting as the day before. :/ hmmmm.

I think I have finally fixed this! woot woot. Thanks @adrian for all your help. I have attached a new .js file. Let me know if that works for you. 

:)

rrule-gui.js

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just wanted to let everyone know that I sent out an email to everyone who purchased Recurme with the updated Recurme Module Package.

Thanks again to everyone who tested the changes and feedback. Especially @adrian:) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @joshuag - just curious - did you also take a look at the rrule code icon idea I brought up?