joshuag

Recurme – Processwire Recurring Dates Field & Custom Calendar Module.

joshuag    229
On September 8, 2017 at 0:14 PM, SoccerGuy3 said:

Working on the detail page now and having a problem getting the date/time of the event to show on the page. If my page array contains this:

[calev_datetime] => {"startDate":1504821600,"endDate":false,"dates":["W36/07/Thu/Sep/2017",...,"W19/07/Wed/May/2025"],"excluded":[],"active":false,"showResults":false,"rrule":"WKST=MO;FREQ=DAILY;DTSTART=20170907T150000Z;INTERVAL=1"}

How can I get the date to output to the page like: 09/07/2017 3:00 pm? I've tried various bits and pieces to get at the startDate or the DTSTART, but always end up with a nothing on screen (in that area).

$event = $recurme->event($page); then use $event->orig_date

Page/$event
	->template
	->orig_date
	->original
		->getDates()
	->start_date
	->dates_count
	->end_date
	->rrule
	->title
	->timestamp
	->time
	->date
	->day
	->month
	->year
	->hour
	->minute
	->second
	->ampm

joshuag    229
On September 7, 2017 at 5:50 PM, SoccerGuy3 said:

Love the promise of this module. Should save me a bunch of time on this project.

what was the problem? Maybe other people have seen this error? 

SoccerGuy3    5

Answer was actually in the FAQ! :) 

Ajax is not working.

Please make sure that your site contains a hidden page home/recurme-ajax/ using the template "recurme-ajax" and that you have a matching file in your site/templates/ folder. IF for some reason this file is missing, you can copy the template file from the InputfieldRecur/templates/recurme-ajax.php.

SoccerGuy3    5
2 hours ago, joshuag said:

$event = $recurme->event($page); then use $event->orig_date

Page/$event
	->template
	->orig_date
	->original
		->getDates()
	->start_date
	->dates_count
	->end_date
	->rrule
	->title
	->timestamp
	->time
	->date
	->day
	->month
	->year
	->hour
	->minute
	->second
	->ampm

I tried that:

$event = $recurme->event($page);
                        echo $event->orig_date . 'x';

But all that outputs to the screen is the "X".

I "solved" it temporarily with:

$dates = $page->getDates();
                        foreach($dates as $key=>$date){
                            $evDate = date('F j, Y \a\t g:i A', $date);
                            }

Which isn't going to work I suspect long term.

joshuag    229
1 hour ago, SoccerGuy3 said:

No. Tried: template, original, rrule, month. All with the same result, that is nothing was output.

sent you a private message to hunt this down. :)

• Like 1

Robin S    2,487
On 08/09/2017 at 9:27 AM, joshuag said:

I am trying to solve this problem. I cannot reproduce the error. Making it a bit hard to debug.  I tried removing the circular reference to what modules each file installs. Made no difference to me. 

@Robin S any other ideas? 

@joshuag, I think I have fixed the uninstallation issue. I found a few other issues in the module code too - I will PM you with the details.

• Like 2

joshuag    229
16 hours ago, Robin S said:

@joshuag, I think I have fixed the uninstallation issue. I found a few other issues in the module code too - I will PM you with the details.

Amazing! Thank you. 

joshuag    229
8 minutes ago, SoccerGuy3 said:

@joshuag - Sent you a PM followup to the open issue and an additional question...

sent you a revisions. fingers crossed. 

SoccerGuy3    5
6 minutes ago, SoccerGuy3 said:

My client wants to print the page with the Calendar Grid. When you print, the grid prints, but not the individual items. Anyone run across this?

Update: Appears to be browser specific. 

Mac Chrome: Grid only, no details

Mac FF: Everything prints.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By bernhard
      hi everybody,
      this is a preview of a module that i'm working on for quite a long time. I needed it for an intranet office management application that i'm still working on. It makes it very easy to create very customized Datatables using the awesome jquery datatables plugin (www.datatables.net)

EARLY ALPHA release!
      It's very likely that there will lots of changes to this module that may cause breaking your implementations.

Module source
      sorry, removed as it changes too frequently; closed alpha - contact me if you think you can contribute

Remarks:
      The module is intended to be used on the backend. Loading styles is at the moment only done via adding files to the $config->styles/scripts arrays. Also the communicaton to javascript is done via the $config->js() method that is built into the admin and would have to be implemented manually on frontend use. But it would not be difficult of course
      Installation:
      Nothing special here, just download + install

edit: removed some parts, because i made a complete rewrite of the module! (see last posting in the thread)

Customization example:
      in the screencast you see an example that i'm using in a process module. i put the table inside an InputfieldMarkup just to have the same look&feel all around the admin. you see that you could also use this module to create tables quickly and easily using @kongondo s runtime markup module.
      complete PHP code:
      $this->headline('Kundenliste'); $form = $modules->get('InputfieldForm'); // init datatables module $dt2 = $modules->get('RockDataTables2'); // setup columns // name $col = new dtCol(); $col->name = 'name'; $col->title = 'Name'; $col->data = function($page) { return $page->title; }; $dt2->cols->add($col); // type $col = new dtCol(); $col->name = 'type'; $col->data = function($page) { return $page->rockcontact_type->title; }; $dt2->cols->add($col); // modified $col = new dtCol(); $col->name = 'modified'; $col->data = function($page) { $obj = new stdClass(); $obj->timestamp = $page->modified; $obj->display = date('d.m.Y', $page->modified); return $obj; }; $dt2->cols->add($col); // setup table $dt2->id = 'dt_kundenliste'; $dt2->js('/site/modules/ProcessRockProjects/dt_kundenliste.js'); $f = $modules->get('InputfieldMarkup'); $f->value = $dt2->render(); $form->add($f); // ################################## // ajax request -> return data // non-ajax -> render form + table // ################################## if($config->ajax) { echo $dt2->getJSON($pages->find('template=rockcontact, sort=random, limit=10000')); die(); } else $out .= $form->render(); return $out; what is interesting here is this part:
      // modified $col = new dtCol(); $col->name = 'modified'; $col->data = function($page) { $obj = new stdClass(); $obj->timestamp = $page->modified; $obj->display = date('d.m.Y', $page->modified); return $obj; }; $dt2->cols->add($col); datatables support orthogonal data (https://datatables.net/extensions/buttons/examples/html5/outputFormat-orthogonal.html). a date column is a good example, because you need to DISPLAY a formatted date (like 10.02.2017) but you need to be able to SORT this column by a different value (timestamp). its very easy to accomplish this by providing both values in your json. Btw: You could also just transfer the timestamp and do the formatting on the client-side via javascript. Next Example will show ho this would work. Both cases can be necessary, it's just an example here.
      [...] removed
      Why i created this module:
      of course i know @Soma s module but i needed a lot more features and the newer datatables version. also i like to define all the columns as objects and have everything on one place. lister & markupadmindatatable: nice for basic tables but lacks of features to modify the appearance of the cell values (like rendering icons, background colors and so on) datatables provides a great frontend API for filtering, showing/hiding columns, getting data, modifying it... it also plays well together with frontend charts like google chart api in this case:

todo / roadmap:
      all kinds of column filters (like seen in the example above that shows an older and bloated version of this module) support for ajax filters and pagination (currently all filtering and sorting is done on the client side. i tried it with up to 50.000 rows and got reasonable results. initial loading took around 10sec. but of course this heavily depends on the complexity of your table and your data.  

• By Robin S
      PageListTrash
      Allows non-superusers to trash pages directly from Page List (if they have page-delete permission for that page).
      Not much to say really - the module adds a "Trash" option to the extra actions for pages in Page List. It looks and works just like the Trash action available to superusers.

https://github.com/Toutouwai/PageListTrash/

Up to you whether you think non-superusers should be trusted with simpler trashing. For most cases I like the default behaviour where editors have to jump through some more hoops - I want them to think carefully about what they are doing. But if an editor needs to trash several pages then this module might reduce frustration.
      @tpr, by now you can probably predict what I'm going to say...
      ...something to merge into AdminOnSteroids?
    • By horst
      Wire Mail SMTP

An extension to the new WireMail base class that uses SMTP-transport

This module integrates EmailMessage, SMTP and SASL php-libraries from Manuel Lemos into ProcessWire. I use this continously evolved libraries for about 10 years now and there was never a reason or occasion not to do so. I use it nearly every day in my office for automated composing and sending personalized messages with attachments, requests for Disposition Notifications, etc. Also I have used it for sending personalized Bulkmails many times.

The WireMailSmtp module extends the new email-related WireMail base class introduced in ProcessWire 2.4.1 (while this writing, the dev-branch only).

Here are Ryans announcement.

Current Version 0.2.5
      get it from the Modules Directory Install and Configure

Download the module into your site/modules/ directory and install it.

In the config page you fill in settings for the SMTP server and optionaly the (default) sender, like email address, name and signature.
      You can test the smtp settings directly there. If it says "SUCCESS! SMTP settings appear to work correctly." you are ready to start using it in templates, modules or bootstrap scripts.

Usage Examples
      The simplest way to use it:
      $numSent = wireMail($to, $from, $subject, $textBody); $numSent = wireMail($to, '', $subject, $textBody); // or with a default sender emailaddress on config page This will send a plain text message to each recipient.

You may also use the object oriented style:
      $mail = wireMail(); // calling an empty wireMail() returns a wireMail object $mail->to($toEmail, $toName); $mail->from = $yourEmailaddress; // if you don't have set a default sender in config // or if you want to override that $mail->subject($subject); $mail->body($textBody); $numSent = $mail->send(); Or chained, like everywhere in ProcessWire:
      $mail = wireMail(); $numSent = $mail->to($toEmail)->subject($subject)->body($textBody)->send(); Additionaly to the basics there are more options available with WireMailSmtp. The main difference compared to the WireMail BaseClass is the sendSingle option. With it you can set only one To-Recipient but additional CC-Recipients.
      $mail = wireMail(); $mail->sendSingle(true)->to($toEmail, $toName)->cc(array('person1@example.com', 'person2@example.com', 'person3@example.com')); $numSent = $mail->subject($subject)->body($textBody)->send(); The same as function call with options array:
      $options = array( 'sendSingle' => true, 'cc' => array('person1@example.com', 'person2@example.com', 'person3@example.com') ); $numSent = wireMail($to, '', $subject, $textBody, $options); There are methods to your disposal to check if you have the right WireMail-Class and if the SMTP-settings are working:
      $mail = wireMail(); if($mail->className != 'WireMailSmtp') { // Uups, wrong WireMail-Class: do something to inform the user and quit echo "<p>Couldn't get the right WireMail-Module (WireMailSmtp). found: {$mail->className}</p>"; return; } if(!$mail->testConnection()) { // Connection not working: echo "<p>Couldn't connect to the SMTP server. Please check the {$mail->className} modules config settings!</p>"; return; } Following are a ...

List of all options and features

testConnection () - returns true on success, false on failures

sendSingle ( true | false ) - default is false

sendBulk ( true | false ) - default is false, Set this to true if you have lots of recipients (50+)

to ($recipients) - one emailaddress or array with multiple emailaddresses

cc ($recipients) - only available with mode sendSingle, one emailaddress or array with multiple emailaddresses

bcc ($recipients) - one emailaddress or array with multiple emailaddresses

from = 'person@example.com' - emailaddress, can be set in module config (called Sender Emailaddress) but it can be overwritten here

fromName = 'Name Surname' - optional, can be set in module config (called Sender Name) but it can be overwritten here

priority (3) - 1 = Highest | 2 = High | 3 = Normal | 4 = Low | 5 = Lowest

dispositionNotification () or notification () - request a Disposition Notification

subject ($subject) - subject of the message

body ($textBody) - use this one alone to create and send plainText emailmessages

bodyHTML ($htmlBody) - use this to create a Multipart Alternative Emailmessage (containing a HTML-Part and a Plaintext-Part as fallback)

addSignature ( true | false ) - the default-behave is selectable in config screen, this can be overridden here
      (only available if a signature is defined in the config screen)

attachment ($filename, $alternativeBasename = "") - add attachment file, optionally alternative basename

send () - send the message(s) and return number of successful sent messages

getResult () - returns a dump (array) with all recipients (to, cc, bcc) and settings you have selected with the message, the message subject and body, and lists of successfull addresses and failed addresses,

logActivity ($logmessage) - you may log success if you want

logError ($logmessage) - you may log warnings, too. - Errors are logged automaticaly

useSentLog (true | false) - intended for usage with e.g. third party newsletter modules - tells the send() method to make usage of the sentLog-methods - the following three sentLog methods are hookable, e.g. if you don't want log into files you may provide your own storage, or add additional functionality here

sentLogReset ()  - starts a new LogSession - Best usage would be interactively once when setting up a new Newsletter

sentLogGet ()  - is called automaticly within the send() method - returns an array containing all previously used emailaddresses

sentLogAdd ($emailaddress)  - is called automaticly within the send() method

Changelog: https://github.com/horst-n/WireMailSmtp/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md

• By celfred
      Hello,
      I'm desperately trying to update my website to PW 3.0.62 and I'm facing issues to to module compatibility. I was stuck with Pages2Pdf which I managed to solve bu updating the module from Github, but now it's the Pages Web Service module... and this time, I don't know wht to do
      The Module is found there. But it is quite old and I can't find it in the modules catalogue... and my site is making quite a use of it (I can't think of a way to do otherwise, sorry...)
      After adding the FileCompiler=0 to the module pages, the error I'm stuck with is :
      Fatal error: Class 'WireData' not found in /home/celfred/PlanetAlert/site/modules/ServicePages/ServicePages.module on line 22
      and I have no idea on what to do... I must admit I'm not a programmer but a middle-school teacher... (for your information, here's the site I'm talking about : http://planetalert.tuxfamily.org ) but I'm struggling hard to solve the different issues I have to face and I'm wlling to understand things. I have just spent many hours trying to make 2.8 work on my localhost (and it seems ok ) but I'd like to switch to 3.x to prepare the future
      If anyone had the will to spend a few minutes to try and help me, I would greatly appreciate.
      Thanks in advance !
      If you need more information to understand my problem, feel free to ask.
    • By dimitrios
      Hello,
      I have created a module that, given a Facebook app ID and secret, posts on Facebook on behalf of a user profile or page after a PW page is saved.
      This module is configurable as follows:
      Templates: posts can take place only for pages with the defined templates On/Off switch: specify a checkbox field that will not allow the post if checked Specify a message and/or an image for the post
      Usage
      edit the desired PW page and save; it will post right after the initial Facebook log in and permission granting. After that, a token is kept.

Download
      PW module directory: http://modules.processwire.com/modules/auto-fb-post/ Github: https://github.com/kastrind/AutoFbPost   Note: Facebook SDK for PHP is used.