Recurme – Processwire Recurring Dates Field & Custom Calendar Module.

joshuag

On 4/17/2018 at 9:07 AM, joshuag said:

yeah, this looks like a timezone issue. I am digging into it. thanks for bringing it up. Subtracting one day won't work or be consistent. 

Hi Joshua,

Any further news on this - sorry to bug you, but deadlines are looming and I need to know if I'll need to start parsing the the UNTIL value to get the end date or if you'll manage to provide a simpler option for getting a correct end date.

Thanks for your time!

On April 27, 2018 at 12:59 PM, adrian said:

Hi Joshua,

Any further news on this - sorry to bug you, but deadlines are looming and I need to know if I'll need to start parsing the the UNTIL value to get the end date or if you'll manage to provide a simpler option for getting a correct end date.

Thanks for your time!

Adrian, 

I have added an extra variable to recurme to give you the timeEnd as a unix timestamp so you can format it however you want. 

$event->timeEndUnix;

Here is an example that outputs the exact information you want:

<?php
	$p = $pages->get(1120);
	$event = $recurme->event($p);
	echo date('M d - ',   $event->start_date);
	echo date('M d',      $event->end_date)."<br />";
	echo date('g:i a - ', $event->start_date);
	echo date('g:i a',    $event->timeEndUnix);

// outputs
	// Mar 14 - Feb 16
	// 9:03 am - 9:02 am
?>

IMPORTANT: We need to re-save an event to add the value of timeEndUnix to the json data.

I know this is not ideal, however it was the best compromise until I make date saving & conversions better all around.

I have also adjusted the 'timeEnd' value to be effected by the 'timeFormat' option if you prefer to use that instead, however, this will only work if your saved data for the event has timeEndUnix Value. 

You had mentioned that you have a lot of events, in order to take advantage of the new timeEndUnix variable, you will have to save your events again. Send me a PM and we can work out a way to do it with the API and add the timeEndUnix value to your JSON data for your existing events. 

Please try these (attached) files and let me know if you find any problems. 

Hope this helps,

rrule-gui.js

MarkupRecurme.module

• Like 1

Hi @joshuag

I am working on the same project with Adrian using your Recurme module.

I've used the updated files you provided. rrule-gui.js and MarkupRecurme.module.

Using the $event->timeEndUnix; that you have added is working for New and Imported events.

However, both New and Imported events have an issue when changing the Date (non repeating events) and displaying the $event->timeEndUnix.

On first save, the $event->timeEndUnix continues to display the old end date.

But if I go into the event a second time,  and save once again (with no changes), the $event->timeEndUnix is updated correctly.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GhostRider said:

Hi @joshuag

I am working on the same project with Adrian using your Recurme module.

I've used the updated files you provided. rrule-gui.js and MarkupRecurme.module.

Using the $event->timeEndUnix; that you have added is working for New and Imported events.

However, both New and Imported events have an issue when changing the Date (non repeating events) and displaying the $event->timeEndUnix.

On first save, the $event->timeEndUnix continues to display the old end date.

But if I go into the event a second time,  and save once again (with no changes), the $event->timeEndUnix is updated correctly.

OK, thanks for testing this. I will give it a look and upload a new file. :) 

• Like 1

Hi folks,

is there any chance to set the date/time - format to german?

e.g. 1:45pm should be shown as 13:45Uhr.
May should bei shown as Mai a.s.o.
is this possible to achive this over the array "renderEvent=>dateFormat"? I've played with it, but without any positive result....

Many Thanks!

56 minutes ago, itsberni said:

Hi folks,

is there any chance to set the date/time - format to german?

e.g. 1:45pm should be shown as 13:45Uhr.
May should bei shown as Mai a.s.o.
is this possible to achive this over the array "renderEvent=>dateFormat"? I've played with it, but without any positive result....

Many Thanks!

you can use the http://php.net/manual/en/function.strftime.php formats as well for languages other than english. 

Hi,

...run into another topic and didn´t found anything about it in the docu.

My Site-structur is as follows:
- events
    - Course1
    - Course2
    a.s.o.
every course ( template=event ) has its own recurme field for events-dates. so far so good.
on every specific course-site i want to show a calendar only with the dates of this specific course.

For this i run into an issue and one question:
Issue:
The course-link looks like this: mysite/events/course1.
If i klick on the calendar, to step one month further, it will end up with an empty calendar.
The reason is, that the link, provided from the calenders arrows, look like this: mysite/events/?c=1&m=06&y=2018
The part course1 is missing before ?c=1&m=06&y=2018.
Therefore the link has to be mysite/events/course1?c=1&m=06&y=2018

Question:
Is it possible to show a calender ( $recume->renderCalendar ) only with the events from a specific course ( selector could be id=$page->id ) ?
In my case:
- Calendar with date of course1 on site course1
- Calendar with date of course2 on site course2

Thanks a bunch!

On 5/13/2018 at 8:50 AM, itsberni said:

Hi,

...run into another topic and didn´t found anything about it in the docu.

My Site-structur is as follows:
- events
    - Course1
    - Course2
    a.s.o.
every course ( template=event ) has its own recurme field for events-dates. so far so good.
on every specific course-site i want to show a calendar only with the dates of this specific course.

For this i run into an issue and one question:
Issue:
The course-link looks like this: mysite/events/course1.
If i klick on the calendar, to step one month further, it will end up with an empty calendar.
The reason is, that the link, provided from the calenders arrows, look like this: mysite/events/?c=1&m=06&y=2018
The part course1 is missing before ?c=1&m=06&y=2018.
Therefore the link has to be mysite/events/course1?c=1&m=06&y=2018

Question:
Is it possible to show a calender ( $recume->renderCalendar ) only with the events from a specific course ( selector could be id=$page->id ) ?
In my case:
- Calendar with date of course1 on site course1
- Calendar with date of course2 on site course2

Thanks a bunch!

no ideas?!

@itsberni

For the issue, 

What I've done to solve this is that I basically build a button separate from the calendar and build the url accordingly. Will get back with code details later, just in a bit of a hurry now. 

For the question, 

Doesn't passing a selector in the renderCalendar options let you filter the events you need? So that you could could use p=1 in the query parameters?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, elabx said:

@itsberni

For the issue, 

What I've done to solve this is that I basically build a button separate from the calendar and build the url accordingly. Will get back with code details later, just in a bit of a hurry now. 

For the question, 

Doesn't passing a selector in the renderCalendar options let you filter the events you need? So that you could could use p=1 in the query parameters?

Could be - but i don´t know, where to put the selector. do you have any code example?

59 minutes ago, itsberni said:

Could be - but i don´t know, where to put the selector. do you have any code example?

// filter the caalendar results to just this page
$options = array(
	'selector' = 'title%=course1'
);

// get the calendar
$recurme->renderCalendar($options);

The calendar grabs the current URL the appends the get variables. The calendar should page through months via ajax.

Ajax is not working.

Please make sure that your site contains a hidden page home/recurme-ajax/ using the template "recurme-ajax" and that you have a matching file in your site/templates/ folder. IF for some reason this file is missing, you can copy the template file from the InputfieldRecur/templates/recurme-ajax.php.

Hope this helps, 

• Like 1

@joshuag - not sure if this is a bug or just an inconsistency, but when setting up a recurring date if you specify the start date before the first day that the rrule settings allow, the calendar will show an entry for that start date, but the results in the admin won't show it.

image.thumb.png.168ce7758e992ef4dd81ee8899ff675a.png

See the entry on the 5th - should that be there?

image.png.0e8eb048516e7b1751fbe58bc5e936a7.png

I guess this is a feature request, or maybe I am missing an option, but at the moment I can do:

$event = $recurme->event($page);

to get the event for the current page, but if I want to render the calendar with just this event, I can't simply do:

echo $recurme->renderCalendar($event, $options)

Instead, I have to do:

$options = array(
    'month' => date('m', $event->start_date),
    'year' => date('Y', $event->start_date),
    'selector' => 'id='.$page->id,
    'cache' => false,
    'mini' => true
);
echo $recurme->renderCalendar($options);

using "selector" to get the events for this page.

Or is there a better way?

5 minutes ago, adrian said:

@joshuag - not sure if this is a bug or just an inconsistency, but when setting up a recurring date if you specify the start date before the first day that the rrule settings allow, the calendar will show an entry for that start date, but the results in the admin won't show it.

image.thumb.png.168ce7758e992ef4dd81ee8899ff675a.png

See the entry on the 5th - should that be there?

image.png.0e8eb048516e7b1751fbe58bc5e936a7.png

Thanks for noticing this. I will take a look. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, adrian said:

I guess this is a feature request, or maybe I am missing an option, but at the moment I can do:

to get the event for the current page, but if I want to render the calendar with just this event, I can't simply do:

echo $recurme->renderCalendar($event, $options)

Instead, I have to do:

$options = array(
    'month' => date('m', $event->start_date),
    'year' => date('Y', $event->start_date),
    'selector' => 'id='.$page->id,
    'cache' => false,
    'mini' => true
);
echo $recurme->renderCalendar($options);

using "selector" to get the events for this page.

Or is there a better way?

You are correct. Currently your example is the only way to do it, but this is a good idea. I will look at how I can add just passing a $page or $pages to the calendar to render a calendar. Shouldn't be that hard and it would be a nice shortcut. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, joshuag said:

// filter the caalendar results to just this page
$options = array(
	'selector' = 'title%=course1'
);

// get the calendar
$recurme->renderCalendar($options);

The calendar grabs the current URL the appends the get variables. The calendar should page through months via ajax.

Hope this helps, 

Both tipps do work - thanks a lot!!!

Also, with that same setup:

image.png.eb2df679c79214ec6afcb8383f5afb9d.png

it seems there is no way to get the start time via the API because the $event object looks like this. If I try to get the time from the start_date it returns midnight which makes sense, but why is there no timeStart and/or timeStartUnix?

image.thumb.png.a354b37f6bea48427aa232428cad5408.png

Just to follow up, it looks like the only way I can actually the start date (timestamp) is with this:

json_decode($page->event_dates)->startDate

Is that the only way when it's not a recurring event?

Sorry, me again.

If you have a non-recurring event and don't specify an end time, both timeEnd and timeEndUnix are populated with midnight. This isn't very helpful when you are trying to format an event and deciding if you need:

9:00 am - 2pm
VS
9:00 am

Again, it looks like I need to parse the json to see if the end time is actually set or not.

Let me know if that doesn't make sense?

Thanks again!

I am ending up with something like this:

$startDate = json_decode($page->event_dates)->startDate
echo date('F jS Y', $startDate);
if(!$event->allDay) {
    echo date('g:i a', $startDate);
    if(json_decode($page->event_dates)->timeEnd != '') {
        echo ' - ' . date('g:i a', $event->timeEndUnix);
    }
}

@joshuag - I wanted to point out that the module is generating an invalid RRULE. The RRULE should not include DTSTART, but it should be separate.

Instead of this:

WKST=MO;FREQ=WEEKLY;DTSTART=20180611T093000Z;INTERVAL=1;BYDAY=MO;UNTIL=20180831T235900Z

it should be:

DTSTART:20180611T093000Z
RRULE:FREQ=WEEKLY;UNTIL=20180831T235900Z;BYDAY=MO

The spec also has a separate DTEND which might be worth including.

Thanks for looking into fixing this!

PS - Have you considered making use of either:
https://github.com/rlanvin/php-rrule or https://github.com/simshaun/recurr to do some of the heavy lifting for you?

Just out of interest, I am using php-rrule to present the RRULE as a human readable phrase. The recurr library also offers this, but doesn't seem to be as good yet.

• Like 2

Not sure if this is expected or not, but after doing a $recurme->find() and iterating through the returned pages I get this error because there is an image field on the event page.

Error: Exception: New page '//' must be saved before files can be accessed from it

The "fix" is to do $event->original so I am getting the original page object but this seems like it should not be unnecessary.

Any thoughts or am I doing something wrong?