• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By bernhard
      @Sergio asked about the pdf creation process in the showcase thread about my 360° feedback/survey tool and so I went ahead and set my little pdf helper module to public:

Download & Docs: https://gitlab.com/baumrock/RockPdf

You can combine it easily with RockReplacer: 

• By Soma
      LogMaintenance
      A simple ProcessWire module to give some maintenance control over log files. I found myself often having lots of log files for different things that can grow more or less quickly to a size where they can be difficult to maintain. The built in Logger of PW does a good job of giving you the possibility to delete or prune logs. But it has to be done manually and sometimes a log grows into millions of lines, which makes it often impossible to even prune it as it's too large.
      LogMaintenance uses LazyCron to run the maintenance task and there's several settings you can setup on a global or per log basis.
      Archive: will create zip files for each log file in logs/archive/ folder and add the log each time the maintenance is run to a subfolder containing the datetime.
      Lines: keeps logs to a certain number of lines 
      Days: keeps the log to a certain number of days
      Bytes: keeps the log to a certain amount of bytes
      Each setting is checked from top down, the first setting to contain something is used. So if you check the "Archive" option, all other settings are ignored and logs are archived everytime the LazyCron is executed. If you want to keep your logs to a certain amount of bytes just leave all other settings to 0 or blank.
      Per Log Settings
      There's a textarea that you can use to setup a config for a specific log file one per line. All the logs you define here ignore the global settings above. The syntax for the settings is:
      logname:[archive]:[lines]:[days]:[bytes] 
      errors:1:0:0:0 // would archive the errors log messages:0:10000:0:0 // will prune the errors log to 10000 lines  
      The module can be found on github for you to check out. It's still fresh and I'm currently testing.
      https://github.com/somatonic/LogMaintenance
    • By teppo
      Fieldtype Page IDs is a third party Fieldtype that, simply put, stores Page references as integers (Page IDs).
      This fieldtype was built as a quick and dirty workaround for Page Reference fields' inability handle self-references due to circular reference issues. A project I've been working on for a while now includes a combination of RepeaterMatrix content blocks and tagging/categorization system that would've resulted in a lot of duplicate pages (and plenty of unnecessary manual work for content editors) had I used built-in Page Reference fields, and thus a new Fieldtype felt like the most sensible approach.
      Fieldtype Page IDs was designed to be loosely compatible with Page References in order to make conversions between the two feasible, but it is quite limited feature wise:
      largely due to the fact that stored values are actually just integers with no connection to Pages whatsoever some advanced selectors and related features are not supported, and page values can't be directly accessed configuration settings are limited to the bare essentials (selector string and Inputfield class) only a handful of Inputfields (AsmSelect, Checkboxes, Text) are (currently) supported Anyway, in case you need to store Page IDs (and Page IDs only) and are happy with the limitations mentioned above, feel free to give this Fieldtype a try. It has been working fine for me in one particular project, but hasn't been tested that much, so please tread carefully – and let me know if you run into any issues.
      GitHub repository: https://github.com/teppokoivula/FieldtypePageIDs
      Modules directory: https://modules.processwire.com/modules/fieldtype-page-ids/
    • By daniels
      This is a lightweight alternative to other newsletter & newsletter-subscription modules.
      You can find the Module in the Modules directory and on Github
      It can subscribe, update, unsubscribe & delete a user in a list in Mailchimp with MailChimp API 3.0. It does not provide any forms or validation, so you can feel free to use your own. To protect your users, it does not save any user data in logs or sends them to an admin.
      This module fits your needs if you...
      ...use Mailchimp as your newsletter / email-automation tool ...want to let users subscribe to your newsletter on your website ...want to use your own form, validation and messages (with or without the wire forms) ...don't want any personal user data saved in any way in your ProcessWire environment (cf. EU data regulation terms) ...like to subscribe, update, unsubscribe or delete users to/from different lists ...like the Mailchimp UI for creating / sending / reviewing email campaigns *I have only tested it with PHP 7.x so far, so use on owners risk
      EDIT:
      I've updated the module to 0.0.4. I removed the instructions from this forum, so I don't have to maintain it on multiple places. Just checkout the readme on github 🙂
      If you have questions or like to contribute, just post a reply or create an issue or pr on github. 
    • By bernhard
      WHY?
      This module was built to fill the gap between simple $pages->find() operations and complex SQL queries.
      The problem with $pages->find() is that it loads all pages into memory and that can be a problem when querying multiple thousands of pages. Even $pages->findMany() loads all pages into memory and therefore is a lot slower than regular SQL.
      The problem with SQL on the other hand is, that the queries are quite complex to build. All fields are separate tables, some repeatable fields use multiple rows for their content that belong to only one single page, you always need to check for the page status (which is not necessary on regular find() operations and therefore nobody is used to that).
      In short: It is far too much work to efficiently and easily get an array of data based on PW pages and fields and I need that a lot for my RockGrid module to build all kinds of tabular data.

Basic Usage

Docs & Download
      https://modules.processwire.com/modules/rock-finder/
      https://gitlab.com/baumrock/RockFinder/tree/master

Changelog
      180528, v1.0.4 add custom select statement option 180516 change sql query method, bump version to 1.0.0 180515 multilang bugfix 180513 beta release <180513 preview/discussion took place here: https://processwire.com/talk/topic/18983-rocksqlfinder-highly-efficient-and-flexible-sql-finder-module/