Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By pppws
      hey there,
      i'm using processwire for the first time, so maybe it's a dumb question. but i'm trying to have an options field which values are the users of the processwire. i don't need the values to be displayed, it's just for the administration of the page. but each time a new user is created / a user is deleted the options field should be updated automatically. is something like that possible?
    • By sirhc
      Hi,
      I have a big image in my image field and want to resize it to 2280px before showing it to the user.
      Most images are fine and showing as expected, but with one I have the following error;

Error: Out of memory (allocated 159383552) (tried to allocate 12288 bytes) (line 243 of /htdocs/process/wire/core/ImageSizerEngineGD.php) 

Why is this with one image and not with the other ones, and how to solve this?
      Greetz.
    • By Sipho

I have an issue where I want different formats for creating one page. When you are creating a new page I want it to offer different types of fields from when you are editing it.
      For example, I have a field called countries which is a multiple page reference field. This is desirable as it is in a very easy to edit format. Currently, I am using selectize.js which makes it possible to search for the pages and add them in a tag fashion. This is how I want it to be when a page is already created. However, when creating a new page it is often easier to just paste a list of all the countries as text. This is because the data is coming from an old website where the countries are written like this:
      I can code something which converts this text into the multiple page reference fields but I am not sure how to go about it. At first I tried making another template which had fields that were in this “quick” format. Then I planned to make it such that when you add one of these quick pages it creates a page in the standard format and deletes itself. This has it’s own problems such as where to place the new page, what title and name to give it, whether to have just one quick page or multiple and when to delete it. It just didn’t seem right. 
      Another possibility would be to show special quick fields when creating a new standard page but hide them when the page is saved and show the standard fields. I am not to sure how to achieve this though. 
      Does anyone know a better way of going about this? I feel like this is a simple problem which already has an elegant solution.

• By jothanne
      I have a problem realizing a picture gallery with albums using repeater fields.
      Here is what I have:
      - The repeater field 'repeater_gallery' for all the albums
      - A text field 'album_name' in the repeater for the album name
      - An image field 'album_images' in the repeater for all the album images
      Now I'd like to pick a small selection of images (say 4) of ALL albums randomly and present them with their associated album name.
      How can this be done with the described repeater setup? Or is there a better way to realize such a gallery without repeaters?
      Thanks in advance for a little help.
    • By Dennis Spohr
      Hi all,
      in the backend of ProcessWire it's possible to define a maximum width and height for images. If you upload an image, it will be resized automatically. I find this feature very handy to safe space. Very often users upload images which are much bigger than needed.
      On my application users can upload their images via the frontend. But if you upload images using the API, images won't be resized automatically.
      Is there any way to do this?
      Currently that's my code:
      if ($_FILES['thumbnail']['name']) { $upload = new WireUpload('thumbnail'); $upload->setMaxFiles(1); $upload->setOverwrite(true); $upload->setDestinationPath($lesson->video_image->path()); $upload->setValidExtensions(array('jpg', 'jpeg', 'png')); $lesson->video_image->removeAll(); foreach ($upload->execute() as $file) $lesson->video_image->add($file); } Thanks very much!
      Dennis