ProCache causing strange default URI behavior

fredmv

Hi folks,

We recently turned on ProCache and have noticed this happening when the homepage of the site is accessed:

When you go to our homepage (as in, typed into an address bar -- oddly it doesn't happen with bookmarked pages), it results in this:

https://www.villasofdistinction.com/site/assets/ProCache-5a95c48539bfade3888cb4c439f//index-www_villasofdistinction_com.html

Of course, nothing should appear in the address but the "https://www.villasofdistinction.com/". 

Why does the rest, "site/assets/ProCache-5a95c48539bfade3888cb4c439f//index-www_villasofdistinction_com.html" appear? And what can be done to get rid of it?

Thanks for any help - Happy Friday!

Your site loads fine for me (chrome) when first entered in the address bar. One thing I did notice is each menu item is prefixed with 'Header:' in the title field.

Nice site by the way. Costa Rica here I come. :)

Thanks, Rick!   Alas, some folks here are noticing that issue, and I do need to figure out how to correct it. 

It took me a second to be able to 'trigger' the bug, too, but it does seem to happen sometimes in some contexts.

2 hours ago, fredmv said:

Thanks, Sérgio.   Very fast response!

I'm looking at the .htaccess now - what specifically would you recommend tweaking?  There's a LOT of mentions of ProCache in it. 

Well, things look ok to me, I can access the site fine.

It appears there's no problem with your .htaccess after all as you said ProCache already edited it. Maybe it's a cache from your browser. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kongondo said:

Hi @fredmv,

Welcome to the forums. If you have an active ProCache licence then it is best to post your question in that module's VIP forum. Ask @ryan for access if you don't have one yet.

Thanks, @kongondo, I wasn't aware of that forum.   @ryan, could you please set up access and/or offer insight to the above issue?  Thanks.

17 hours ago, kongondo said:

PM or email @ryan

I did yesterday; still haven't heard back.

When I think about this more, it probably does have something to do with .htaccess, particularly mod_rewrite.   Likely, that "[...] /site/assets/" address is the real URI, and .htaccess/mod_rewrite should rewrite and display the URL just as "villasofdistinction.com".   I'm just not quite sure how to do that.

@fredmv

i would recommend contacting Ryan again to request access to the ProCache forum.

If you have your receipt email from the shop, you may be able to reply to that, in case the PM doesn't work.

Note that Ryan is only typically addressing the pro module forums on Sundays.

15 hours ago, Macrura said:

@fredmv

i would recommend contacting Ryan again to request access to the ProCache forum.

If you have your receipt email from the shop, you may be able to reply to that, in case the PM doesn't work.

Note that Ryan is only typically addressing the pro module forums on Sundays.

Thanks, @Macrura.  Contacted him again.