Before PW & After PW

Pete

• 4 months later...

Hey Everyone,

Having just migrated from another CMS, the "before and after" is fresh on my mind each day I work with ProcessWire.

My comparison focuses on the experience of building sites before and after ProcessWire, This requires a couple of videos, as opposed to still shots.

Here you go:

Before ProcessWire

Thanks,

Matthew

EDIT: Something is wrong with the forum embed function...

• Like 5

Well, my mouse is wireless at least, but it does generally look like someone has been fly-tipping here lately since things got shoved in the corner over Christmas.

I do recognise that state of affairs. Obviously, my main income is as a composer, so on top of a normal desktop with a couple of monitors and a little server shoved under the desk, I have my music workstation with keyboard, 3 widescreen monitors, pro speakers and mics, various guitars, banjo, wooden flutes, ukes, peddles, another keyboard, percussion, music stand....

My mother keeps nagging me to go and collect the grand piano I have sitting in her dining room.

And put it where?????

before & after in one vid:

combined

Martijn

Having spent the first 25 years of my career as a recording engineer working in both advertising and music, I relate to that on so many levels that I just cannot begin to count them

Absolutely precious!

Joss

Edit: Probably should clarify my past a little bit (though terribly incomplete):

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0762708/

• Like 5

Jos,

What I see there is impressive, what I heard on your site wonderfull. Nice to know someones background. 

I started web-developing as professional 1,5 year ago. The 11 years before I was stage builder. Loved the job, but I think you can't do that all your live.

Then a company called me & asked me if I would join their team. I did :)

It was a long time ago! It is easy to forget how old that film is. However, the same comapny did get the gig for recording the voices for the feature film years later (after I left, I should add).

It was a tiny little studio held together with string, more or less. But the voice sound was okay. At the same studio we got the job of going through EVERYTHING that Gerry Anderson had every made, finding the best prints and re-syncing the audio from all the language versions. So, that is Thunderbirds, Supercar, Fireball XL5, Captain Scarlet and the rest .... By the end of it I hated puppets!

I should add that I also did all the voice recordings for Postman Pat - the original two series. Those were made by Ivor Wood who was the animator behind Paddington and the Magic Roundabout.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivor_Wood

When Nick Park heard that I did work for Ivor, he just thought it was amazing - to people like Park, Ivor Wood was king. Ivor was also an absolute gentleman and a pleasure to work for. We did 34 episodes (I think) over 20 years. It takes a long time to do stop animation! When he retired and we ran out of stories I got given a Postman Pat tie. Strangely that was a really nice gift and I still have it.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...