Marlborough Camera Club

Kiwi Chris

Marlborough Camera Club

Originally this was a site built in Concrete 5 that I inherited when the previous webmaster became pregnant. It was horribly slow, and very hard to edit without making mistakes. I kept the existing theme, but converted the whole site to Processwire, resulting in a massive improvement in performance, and the ability to delegate authority for editing parts of the site to other club members.

Not publicly visible, but another feature I added was an competition entry form that integrates with Dropbox so instead of having email entries, frequently with errors, they could enter directly via the site.

• Like 3

• 3 years later...

Since I first rebuilt this site in Processwire, it's had a major overhaul, with all competition data now handled on the site rather than in a separate desktop database app.

Members are able to access the admin, but using AdminRestrictBranch, some hooks in ready.php and some custom process modules, logged in users are taken to a dashboard that varies depending on their role, so members can only see their own competition images (in a list via Lister Pro) and submit more, while the competition administrator has a dashboard that allows them to manage all aspects of competitions.

Competitions close off automatically once their closing date has passed.

CustomUploadNames module is used to automatically rename image files when they are uploaded so that once competition entries are downloaded as a zip file, they can be identified by filename.

On the front-end slideshows are generated automatically once competition results have been entered, which is done via Lister Pro.

image.png.c3f5bb0653e7524679bb269b4d17e0bb.png

image.thumb.png.c61a95c23d266e62bba94b1e61ff0504.png

• Like 5