sorting text field as numeric

Cengiz Deniz

I use pagination modul.

I have a field which has born year info. But I put the years with sign "-" for BC (Before Christ).

my selector sorts like as text. -384, -4, -412 .. it must be: -412, -384, -4

selector: $pages=$page->children("limit=60, sort=date_field");

I want to order my pages like as php natsort function. 

thank you.

2 minutes ago, LostKobrakai said:

Without changing the fieldtype your only option is customizing the mysql query generated by processwire manually.

i think this is answer. but i dont know how can i do ?

21 hours ago, Robin S said:

Is there a reason why your year field is a text field and not an integer field? If you use an integer field it will sort as you want it to.

is it possible changing field type to integer in PW ?

1 hour ago, Cengiz Deniz said:

is it possible changing field type to integer in PW ?

You cannot directly change a text field to an integer field, but you can...

1. Create a new integer field

2. Add the integer field to the template that has your text field

3. Copy the value of the text field to the integer field using the API:

$items = $pages->find("template=my_template");
foreach($items as $item) {
    $item->of(false);
    $item->my_integer_field = $item->my_text_field;
    $item->save();
}

4. Check that the values have been copied successfully, and if so remove the text field from your template and then delete the text field.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Robin S said:

You cannot directly change a text field to an integer field, but you can...

1. Create a new integer field

2. Add the integer field to the template that has your text field

3. Copy the value of the text field to the integer field using the API:

$items = $pages->find("template=my_template");
foreach($items as $item) {
    $item->of(false);
    $item->my_integer_field = $item->my_text_field;
    $item->save();
}

4. Check that the values have been copied successfully, and if so remove the text field from your template and then delete the text field.

It works now. Thank you very much. You are realy hero :) 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Robin S
      Repeater Easy Sort
      Adds a compact "easy-sort" mode to Repeater and Repeater Matrix, making those fields easier to sort when there are a large number of items.
      The module also enhances Repeater Matrix by allowing a colour to be set for each matrix type. This colour is used in the item headers and in the "add new" links, to help visually distinguish different matrix types in the inputfield.
      Screencasts
      A Repeater field

A Repeater Matrix field with custom header colours

Easy-sort mode
      Each Repeater/Matrix item gets an double-arrow icon in the item header. Click this icon to enter easy-sort mode.
      While in easy-sort mode:
      The items will reduce in width so that more items can be shown on the screen at once. The minimum width is configurable in the field settings. Any items that were in an open state are collapsed, but when you exit easy-sort mode the previously open items will be reopened. You can drag an item left/right/up/down to sort it within the items. The item that you clicked the icon for is shown with a black background. This makes it easier to find the item you want to move in easy-sort mode. You can click an item header to open the item. An "Exit easy-sort mode" button appears at the bottom of the inputfield. Configuration
      In the field settings for Repeater and Repeater Matrix fields you can define a minimum width in pixels for items in easy-sort mode. While in easy-sort mode the items will be sized to neatly fill the available width on any screen size but will never be narrower than the width you set here.
      In the field settings for Repeater Matrix you can define a custom header colour for each matrix type using an HTML "color" type input. The default colour for this type of input is black, so when black is selected in the input it means that no custom colour will be applied to the header.
      Exclusions
      The easy-sort mode is only possible on Repeater/Matrix fields that do not use the "item depth" option.

https://github.com/Toutouwai/RepeaterEasySort
      https://processwire.com/modules/repeater-easy-sort/
    • By fruid
      $limit = 12; $start = $limit * ($input->pageNum() - 1); $allcasts = pages("template=cast"); $casts = $allcasts->find("has_parent=$page, sort=$sort"); $casts = sortOutEmpty($casts, $decider); $casts->setTotal($casts->count()); $casts->setStart($start); $casts->setLimit($limit); // just to test echo $casts->getStart(); // 0 or 12 or 24 or 30 respectively echo $casts->getLimit(); // 12 echo $casts->getTotal(); // 31 or whatever the total echo casts($casts); // never mind this, it's just for markup creation and works fine $pager->render($casts, $pagerOptions); // I store the name of a specific field as a string in a variable so I can dynamically sort out content of which that field is empty in the current language  function sortOutEmpty($items, $decider) {     $casts = new PaginatedArray;     foreach ($items as $item) :         if ($item->$decider != '') :             $casts->add($item);         endif;     endforeach;     return $casts; } I get the right number of pages in the pager. Pager works but the results never paginate.
      This pagination API is driving me nuts, it just doesn't work!
      I can't be the only one who's having issues with this, it's hard to find any topic where issues are discussed and the API-documentation is, as usual, very laconic.
      Thanks for help!
    • By fedeb
      Hi,
      I am trying to style the pager navigation bar based on a simple example I found on bootstrap:
      <nav aria-label="..."> <ul class="pagination"> <li class="page-item disabled"> <a class="page-link" href="#" tabindex="-1" aria-disabled="true">Previous</a> </li> <li class="page-item"><a class="page-link" href="#">1</a></li> <li class="page-item active" aria-current="page"> <a class="page-link" href="#">2</a> </li> <li class="page-item"><a class="page-link" href="#">3</a></li> <li class="page-item"> <a class="page-link" href="#">Next</a> </li> </ul> </nav> The code I am using is the following:
      <?php echo $entries->renderPager(array( 'nextItemLabel' => "Next", 'previousItemLabel' => "Prev", 'listMarkup' => "<ul class='pagination'>{out}</ul>", 'itemMarkup' => "<li class='page-item'>{out}</li>", 'linkMarkup' => "<a class='page-link' href='{url}'>{out}</a>", 'currentItemClass' => "page-item active", )); ?> which renders this result: the current page is not styled!

If I run the original bootstrap example everything works fine, but not through the renderPager options. The problem seems trivial but since I am new to ProcessWire (also to web design) I cannot find it! My main reference is this one.
      Thanks in advance!

• By Robin S
      Lister Selector
      A Process module that uses Lister/ListerPro, but with a selector string input instead of the normal InputfieldSelector filters.
      Features
      For power users, typing a selector string is often faster and more intuitive than fiddling with InputfieldSelector. It also lets you copy/paste selector strings that you might be using somewhere else in your code.
      Allows the Lister rows to be sorted by multiple fields (not possible in Lister/ListerPro)
      Allows the use of OR-groups (not possible in Lister/ListerPro)
      If ListerPro is installed you can run ListerPro actions on the listed pages - the available actions are defined in the module config.
      Bookmarks can be configured in the module config and accessed via the flyout menu for the module page. For your convenience you can copy/paste a bookmark string from the note at the bottom of the Lister Selector results.
      Usage
      Type your selector string on the Selector tab. The selector is applied when the "Selector string" field is blurred, so hit Tab when you have finished typing your selector.
      Unlike Lister/ListerPro, you can't sort results by clicking the column headings. Control the sort within the selector string instead.
      Superusers can jump to the module config (e.g. to create a bookmark) by clicking the cog icon at the top right of the module interface.
      The module is mostly intended for use by superusers, because in most cases site editors won't understand the ProcessWire selector string syntax. If you want another role to be able to access Lister Selector then give the role the "lister-selector" permission. Only superusers can define bookmarks because in ProcessWire module config screens are only accessible to superusers.
      Screenshots
      Process page

Module config (when ListerPro is installed)

Advanced
      If for any reason you want to create dynamic bookmark links to Lister Selector for a given selector you can do that like this:
      /** @var $pls ProcessListerSelector */ $pls = $modules->get('ProcessListerSelector'); // Define selector $selector = "template=foo, title%=bar"; // Define columns (optional) $columns = 'title,modified'; $pls_link = $pls->getProcessPage()->url . '?bm=' . $pls->urlSafeBase64Encode($selector . ':' . $columns); echo "<a href='$pls_link'>My link</a>";  
      https://github.com/Toutouwai/ProcessListerSelector
      https://modules.processwire.com/modules/process-lister-selector/
    • By Peter Knight
      Hey I'm building my first new site in well over a year and am a little rusty on selectors but particularly retrieving sub-fields of selected pages.
      I am trying to output the meta data of a blog post as follows.
      [Person Name] is just a field with a Page Reference and simple enough.
      [Job Title] is the sub-field within the page that was referenced above.
      I actually have it working with the following:
      Posted by: <?php if($page->insight_author) { echo $page->insight_author("<a href='{url}'>{title}</a>");} ?> , <?php $roles = $page->insight_author; foreach ($roles as $role) { echo "{$role->staff_role}";} ?> but was wondering how to do this with selector sub-selectors instead. My current code is probably quite 'old school'?
      Thanks