Can someone explain me the tempDir() method?

Peejay

Hi, 

I wan't to send a generated PDF with in an email attachment. To sent the email, I have to generate and save the PDF file. I' don't need it afterwards, zo I want to remove the generated PDF after some time.

In the documentation i found there's a tempDir() method, but I can't get it to work.

I use the dompdf library to generate a PDF

This is my current test code:

$dompdf = new Dompdf();
$dompdf->loadHtml('hello world');

// (Optional) Setup the paper size and orientation
$dompdf->setPaper('A4', 'landscape');

// Render the HTML as PDF
$dompdf->render();

$wireTempDir = files()->tempDir('test');

$output = $dompdf->output('test.pdf');

file_put_contents($wireTempDir, $output);

On 3/05/2017 at 10:06 PM, Peejay said:

file_put_contents($wireTempDir, $output);

In your code $wireTempDir will only give the path to the temp directory, but file_put_contents() requires a filename too. So something like:

file_put_contents($wireTempDir . '/temp.pdf', $output);

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By jom
      Chäs & Co is a b2b cheese trader. They love good cheese and are proud of their excellent knowledge und connections to small cheese producers. They maintain a custom made database and used to copy/paste (!) the cheese infos to the former CMS (Contao). Since substituting the database with ProcessWire was no option, they export now the database to a csv file and import it to the new website (expanded version of module ImportPagesCSV).
      From there, the pw magic begins. The staff works with the admin interface: They search and find products in notime using the build-in search field (using cheese names or id. Using ids only possible by adding hook, see this forum thread). They generate price lists easily based on a template, providing checkboxes and option buttons for some restrictions, choose i.e. the cheese origin and price audience (all implemented as page selectors). By saving the page a PDF list gets generated (using mpdf, a php pdf library).
      The visitors can sort and filter the products using a form by shuffle.js. Product details are shown in a popup (fancybox). There's also the option for generating a nice pdf data sheet. No CSS framework being used.
      Other modules used: ProcessJumpLinks, ProcessProMailer, ProcessWireUpgrade.
      Visual design: Nicole Haller

• By Fanni
      Hi all, 
      I am having some issues uploading a PDF to our website (a problem we’ve had before).
      I have tried reducing the size of the PDF but the problem seems to be with generating the thumbnail image because the upload works under the Fallback mode but the thumbnail is terrible (see attached). 
      Does anybody have any advice about this? Please note that I'm not a developer. 
      Thanks!

• By August
      Hi again, after trying pages2PDF, RockPDF and mpdf I'm not sure which of them I should use. Of course, there is also wirePDF.
      I merged mpdf with rockPDF, add a footer and a page in Landscape and that works, like in the code-snippet below but be am I on the right way?
      After that I tried a couple of times rendering an image. Nothing happend, the same with Pages2PDF too. I also copied an Image-URL within processwire and tried further getting an Image within the PDF-Document, but it still display only the red marked placeholder.
      I simply would like create an PDF on click from some Pages including the Images.
      Are there special requirements on Debian 10 with Apache and php 7.3 using Processwire 3.0.123.?
      Is there a guide that I didn't found?
      Is somebody out there who has a similar issue solved and would you be so kind to explain?

$pdf = $modules->get('RockPdf'); $mpdf = $pdf->mpdf; # $mpdf->showImageErrors = true; $pdf->set('SetHeader', 'header text'); $mpdf->AddPage('L'); # $mpdf->Image(urlencode('site/assets/files/1845/image-2.275x200.jpg'), 0, 0, 210, 297, 'jpg', '', true, false); $pdf->set('SetFooter', ' <table width="100%"> <tr> <td width="33%">{DATE j.m.Y}</td>        <td width="33%" align="center">{PAGENO}/{nbpg}</td> <td width="33%" style="text-align: right;">whatever</td> </tr> </table>'); $pdf->show(); // generate pdf  
    • By jom
      Hi everyone
      It seems that I don't fully understand the wireTempPath() function and I need some help.
      I use wireTempPath() to create a new location in assets/cache/WireTempDir and than copy a pdf from the assets/files/page folder to the new folder. I want the file to be accessible only for a limited time, that's why I use wireTempPath.
      The file seems to be copied to the right location, but gets deleted right afterwards, according to 
      As mentioned in the topic above, 
      $wireTempDir->setRemove(false); prevents the file to be deleted. But I like the file to be automatically deleted after a few days. So, how can I do that?
      My code so far (everything works, but the automatic removal of the tempDir folder):
      //generate and show download link $folder = time(); // timestamp as temporary folder $maxAge = (int) $settings->options_downloadlink_valid_hours * 3600; //tempDir wants maxAge as seconds $options = array( 'maxAge' => $maxAge ); $wireTempDir = wireTempDir($folder, $options); $wireTempDir->setRemove(false); $src_file = $page->ebook_download->filename; // Create a new directory in ProcessWire's cache dir if(wire('files')->mkdir($wireTempDir, $recursive = true)) { if(wire('files')->copy($src_file, $wireTempDir)){ //get subdirs from tempDir: $pos = strpos($wireTempDir, "WireTempDir"); $subdir = substr($wireTempDir, $pos, 100); $out .= "<p><a href='" . wire('pages')->get('template=passthrough')->httpUrl . "?file=" . $subdir . $page->ebook_download->basename . "' target='_blank'>$page->title</a></p>"; } } I appreciate any ideas - thanks!
      Oliver
    • By gregory
      Hi everyone.
      I can't see the PDF uploaded via a field called "pdf".
      I get a url like this: http://localhost:8888/mywebsite/site/assets/files/1129/test.pdf%EF%BB%BF%EF%BB%BF
      Could anyone help me? Thank you.
      <?php foreach($page->case_studies as $item) { if($item->type == 'contenuto') { echo " <a class='btn btn-primary btn-sm' target='blank' href='{$item->pdf->first()->url}' role='button'>Download</a> "; } } ?>