CDS Service

AndZyk

5908c69da5ec5_www.cds-service.com-(1280x1024).thumb.png.c84bda7df11712c7bbc6707e99edc65a.png

The CDS Group is an established service partner of leading manufacturers and trading partners in the IT and high-tech sector. We relaunched their service website using the latest ProcessWire. Building this website was fun, especially because of the latest additions to ProcessWire, like the recently introduced markup regions and AdminThemeUIkit. It is really easy to brand the new admin theme with a few lines of code, in my case 7 (see a glimpse in the screenshot below). Besides that, this website makes heavy use of the Repeater Matrix, to be as flexibel as possible. The front-end was build with Bootstrap 3 and the icons used are an custom icon font generated with the IcoMoon App. For a better usability, every textarea can be edited in the front-end.

www.cds-service.com

Modules used:

• AdminThemeUIkit
  • Front-End Page Editor
  • Repeater Matrix
  • ProCache
  • Markup Sitemap XML
  • Email Obfuscation (EMO)
  • Database Backups
  • Jumplinks
  • Tracy Debugger

Regards, Andreas

www.cds-service.com-processwire.thumb.png.1507208fc57698aa567bf0582a092a07.png

• Like 10

Very nice work, Andreas! And the admin looks great too!

One suggestion: consider enabling http/2 on the web server as you are already using SSL. It will help a lot on reducing the assets download time.

Edited by Sérgio
Changed 'speed' for 'time'
  • Like 1

Thank you for the kind words. :)

1 hour ago, Sérgio said:

One suggestion: consider enabling http/2 on the web server as you are already using SSL. It will help a lot on reducing the assets download speed.

I totally forgot about http/2. I will look if it is possible to enable http/2 on the server. ;)

The #hero parallax slows down scrolling a lot. I would remove it because it doesn't add too much value (it's almost invisible), or  use "background-attachment: fixed" (from desktop size).

Sorry to here that. I never noticed a major slow down. I think this is probably hardware related. Could you please share your specs (OS, Browser, Display size), so I could look into that? I wouldn't like to remove this effect.

It's Win 8.1, Chrome 57, full hd, 2gb vga ram, i5 8gb ram. It's also present here in Firefox, if I scroll over the parallax section the scrolling gets better.  CPU also goes up to 30-40% if I scroll up and down a few times.

Unfortunately we can't know the specs of the end users so I usually go with the lightest solution possible :)

• Like 1

The site looks good. I only see a few issues with the English version.

Partner section on front page is not translated. 
Under Software>Control, Utliising is misspelled.
Weblounge page is not translated.
Images under Solutions initially take a long time to load.

I like what you did with the site. It is clean and easy to follow. Nice work!

• Like 1

Nice design @AndZyk! What I noticed is the ginormous CDS svg logo. I guess it was just converted from some font, which is not always a good idea as it can generate a lot of points. These letters could be re-drawn using a lot less points.

Update: on win10, 16gb ram, i7, full hd, Chrome 57 (desktop machine) scroll is OK. But the parallax effect is so tiny that it's the same as it weren't there.

Thank you all for your feedback. ;)

@rick

16 hours ago, rick said:

Partner section on front page is not translated. 
Weblounge page is not translated.

The translations will follow over the next days.

16 hours ago, rick said:

Under Software>Control, Utliising is misspelled.

Thank you, I have corrected this.

@Robin S

15 hours ago, Robin S said:

Nice site. @rick mentioned the slow loading of some images.

You both are right. I drilled it down a bit and removed the largest variation for desktops.

@szabesz

9 hours ago, szabesz said:

I noticed is the ginormous CDS svg logo.

I have forgotten to run the logo through SVGO. Now it is smaller.

@tpr

7 hours ago, tpr said:

But the parallax effect is so tiny that it's the same as it weren't there.

I know it is really subtle, for now I want to leave it in there, because it adds a nice touch. But I get your point.

• Like 3