• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Thomas Diroll
      Hi guys I'm relatively new to PW and just finished developing a page for a client. I was able to include all necessary functionality using the core fieldtypes but now I it seems that I need to extend them with a custom one. What I need is a simple button, that copies the absolute url (frontend not PW-backend) of the page which is currently edited to the clipboard. As this feature is only needed inside a specific template, I tend to use a custom fieldtype which provides this feature. I've been looking inside the core modules code (eg. FieldtypeCheckbox.module) but I don't really get the structure of it and how its rendered to the admin page. I also didn't find a lot of tutorials covering custom fieldtypes.
      Maybe some of you could give me some tips on how to write a basic custom fieldtype that renders a button which copies the value of
      page->httpUrl() to the clipboard using JS. Thanks!
    • By Sten
      Hi,
      I have a lot of difficulties with getting a field value.
      First I created a template, inside I created several fields
      two fields are a dropdown select box So I have a value and a label for each line.
      Then I want to get the field value in _init.php or in the template to display it. How can I get the value of a field for the page ? I need to understand the flow through which data goes.
      Could someone help me ?
      Thank you

• By j00st
      Hi all,

I've set up a filter on my product-page, which I then use to...filter my products!
      – I've got pagination set up, and 30 items per page.
      – When I active the filter it works perfectly (in my opinion).

Here's what I'm struggling with though:
      When I'm on another page (filtered as well/or the total overview) and I put my GET request in for the filter,
      it gives back the result, but still with the page-number there. In some cases, this is no problem – like a A-Z or Z-A filter,
      but others (say, per location) I might have less pages.
      Visual/code ref: (I DO have 3 pages of authors, but I don't have 3 pages from London)
      url: books/page3?author=ascending url: books/page3?studio=london  
      The current setup for my pages that get rendered are as follows:
      $allbooks = $pages->find("template=book, sort=$sort, $q, $tagged, $select_studio, start=0, limit=$limit"); As you can see I have the start=0 in there, but I read that's for the start of the pagination, not so much where it'll drop me in the search results.
      $q, $tagged and $select_studio are all empty values, unless they're returned from the GET request
      To repeat it, in it's most simplest form:
      When I click a filter, and a GET request is done, I want to 'reset' the page-number to 0, and get my results...
      Perhaps I'm missing something obvious, but I'd be really grateful to have your input.
    • By chcs
      After running this code in my module's __install() the template_id is not set. Any ideas why?  (The export contents from the template created and the one that I built with Admin are the same. Both exports have the template_id is set to mm_state. When I go to edit the field in Admin, the template is not showing on the Input tab and it doesn't show the template title on a page using the template that uses this field. Using processwire 3.0.98)

// mm_state
      $field = $this->fields->get('mm_state');
      if (!@$field->id) $field = new Field();
      $field->type = $this->modules->get("FieldtypePage");
      $field->name = 'mm_state';
      $field->label = 'State';
      $field->derefAsPage = 2;
      $field->inputfield = "InputfieldSelect";
      $this->fields->save($field);
      $field->labelFieldName = 'title';
      $field->template_id = 'mm_state';
      $field->columnWidth = 100;
      $field->required = true;
      $this->fields->save($field);
    • By rareyush
      I added a field type 'page reference' using checkboxes knows as services.
      now i want to display the pages according to service.
      I can display all services list but when i click on any services then I can see whole code of site 

any idea where i am wrong
      ?
      main cate1 subcate1 subcate2 cate2 subcate1 subcate2 services first-service second services  

these services is being used as a page reference  in subcate1, subcate2 templates.

and in the navbar when i click on services and then when i click on any of the following service then i can see whole source code of my site.