Processwire Not User-Centric?

rayorg

Hi all,

I discovered Processwire a little over a week ago and have been playing around with it ever since.  Going through the tutorials, creating templates, pages, etc. and see what a nice system it is.  However, I'm led to believe that's it's not meant for user-centric sites, and by that I mean a site where you expect to have hundreds/thousands of users and expect them to log in, update their profiles, submit content, create galleries, message each other, chat in the Forum, get email notifications, etc. etc., you get the idea.  

I was trying to update the Profile page last night by adding fields for First Name, Last Name, Profile Pic, and a bunch of others and realized that it's not that easy to do.  There's not even a template.php file for the Profile page.   Am I just not seeing it because I'm so inexperienced with the CMS?  Or, is Processwire really geared more towards sites where not much user interaction is expected?

thanks,

Ray

Additionally, if you look at the link on the user template that says: To configure what fields a user can edit in their profile, see the profile module settings.

You will be able to choose which fields are editable by users themselves.

Like so:

1.thumb.PNG.6a1594134e53dc8d5f8a167c32e8efd6.PNG

When users log in, their profile will be editable like:2.thumb.PNG.35bb1552184e62176d4573ac3d4bf790.PNG

• Like 5

Some more links you might also find useful:

Hope this helps too.

Edited by szabesz
typo
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By prestoav
      Hi all,
      I've noticed that, when creating new users for clients, the chosen admin theme is not saved. For example, I create a new user select Reno or UIKit as the theme at point of creation and save. When logging in that user for the first time the admin theme is back to default. Changing it again and saving corrects this.

Anyone else noticed this or is it a known bug at the moment?

CMS V 3.0.156.

Thanks!
    • By AndZyk
      The Architekturforum Freiburg sees itself as a regional platform for information and exchange about architecture, urban planning, landscape architecture and building culture. On the website you can register for events, view presentations or become a member.
      The website uses UIkit as framework and Workbox for the PWA.
      architekturforum-freiburg.de

Features:
      Dynamic primary color Structured data  
      Dynamic primary color

The events are grouped in programs and every program can have its own color. For this I used the awesome module Color. I defined a fixed color palette, so that no ugly colors could be selected and I worked for the first time with CSS variables. With CSS variables you are more flexible than with f.e. SCSS variables and can change the primary color for the whole website on the fly. This is used on the detail page of events with a different primary color.

Structured data
      It was important for me to provide the correct structured data for the events. Since the pandemic they have been enhanced for online, offline and mixed events.

Modules used:
      Repeater Matrix Form Builder Functional Fields Map Marker ProCache Upgrades TOTP two-factor authentication Tracy Debugger Color Sitemap Email Obfuscation (EMO)  
      Regards, Andreas
    • By Greg Lumley
      Hi! I've just discovered Processwire and I'm absolutely loving how clean it is. Especially with the full control over what it outputs. 
      Excuse me if this is a really stupid question.
      What happens if a user wants to insert multiple images into the blog field? In other words Shift+Click all the images attached to a specific page in and insert. It seems I can insert one at a time but not multiple.

Based on the above, I want to rebuild my website. I'm a photographer (ex php dev 2004) and plan also to target websites at other photographers. So inserting multiple images into blog posts is a key part. I'd like to output that to something like UIkit or some kind of Masonry Gallery script. Any thoughts would be fantastic please. 
      Thank you.
      Greg. 
      I'm an ex PHP developer now photographer, now thanks to Corona and not photo work, a rusty PHP developer 😁
    • By louisstephens
      Not really sure where to post this, but I routinely receive a 502 Bad Gateway with the forums after I refresh. If I refresh after the error, the forum loads but the sidebar widget with "latest" posts is gone and just the user list is there. After a 2nd refresh, it loads normally. Has anyone else experienced this issue before or is the forum just being stubborn for me.
    • By AndZyk
      Hello,
      this maybe a simple question, but it bothers me for a while now:
      There used to be a warning, if two or more user try to edit the same page. But ever since AdminThemeUIkit I haven't seen it any more.
      Is this a bug or are there special circumstances under which the warning will be displayed?
      If I am logged-in in the same browser with one default and one privat window, I don't see this warning. But also different browsers on different machines in the same network don't see this warning.
      I was looking for the blog post on which this feature was announced, but couldn't find it anymore.
      We had the case, that two people were writing a text for the same page, but after person A saved the page first, the text of the person B was lost. I know we could have used ProDrafts for this case, but it shouldn't happen in the first place.
      I would appreciate some feedback. 😀
      Regards, Andreas