Admin login 404's after editing Template access

cosmicsafari

Hi All,

I was playing around with the settings for various templates as I had created a new role and have inadvertantly locked myself out.

I changed some of the settings on the Admin template, so I assume this is what has caused the lock out.

I have direct access to the database but I have no idea what I would need to change in it to regain access.

Probably also worth mentioning that all the existing pages are still accessible, but /processwire throws a 404.

404 on /processwire doesn't say to me that this is a permission error. Also I don't believe you can remove the administration role from the initial admin account without taking from the database. 

Have you changed the url to the login page? Can you echo out <?=$page->editUrl?> this will give you the url with the admin panel. 

• Like 1

Seems like Tom. was correct, the problem wasn't with the admin template after all.

I forgot that I had built a module which would limited who could access pages based on the admin template depending on their roles.

It appears that in creating the new role it totally messed with the logic of the module, I have since updated the module and I can log back in again as expected.