Safe to delete content of caches table?

cosmicsafari

You can, (just tried it myself), but make sure to make a backup first. (http://modules.processwire.com/modules/process-database-backups/)

caches table holds information about FileCompiler (which files it compiled and when), module infos, caches saved using $cache variable etc. When you refresh, you may experience a bit of delay before all caches (accessed during current request) are generated again.

• 7 months later...

Hello,

Usually in many CMS database tables prefixed or suffixed with "cache" can be cleared without a problem because the system will populate them on the "next page request". Actually in Processwire I am expecting this behaviour:

[PW 3.x]

1. Manually clear table "caches" in database
  2. Go to "client" side (not in the admin panel)
  3. All references to my "/site/modules" in my template files does not work : wire("modules")->get(""), $modules->get("") and modules()->get("")
    1. PHP error:  Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Return value...
  4.  The client side not working because this PHP fatal error.

If I go to the admin panel "Admin -> Modules" and I submit the button "Check for New Modules" in the top-right corner in the page, it populates the caches table with the required information and them the client side works.

It is normal? Or I am doing something wrong ?

I was thinking to manually call the script that the button "Check for New Modules" calls, but I want to know if  I am doing something wrong here.

Thank you guys !