Premium module sales & ability to buy individual items from ProFields module pack

abdus

I dont know how they work internally, whether they depend on each other, but I'd love to be able to test and buy RepeaterMatrix or Multiplier or Table (or any other) module individually. Whole pack of ProFields modules seems awesome to have, however, being able to buy one for ~$30 --instead of all for $130-- sounds much more affordable and this way I could buy the whole pack part by part in several months and wouldn't think twice. But $130 at once, I can't really justify it (and still havent been able to) just as easily with low (to none) disposable student income.  Or instead, having sales one - twice a year would be great as well.

One advantage of this change would be allowing more people to buy -> support the development & community -> give feedback -> improve these products. This could also potentially pose a disadvantage where requests from people would increase the headache and time required to respond to all these requests, but this community is more than able to handle that.

I'm sure there's a reason to why these modules are sold together, and I'd love to hear your side as well, @ryan, (and all other maintainers).

Regards,
Abdus.

• Like 5

I like the idea of a periodic sale of various products.

Also,

Have a quarterly or semi-annual contest open to all community non-staff members to develop the best ProcessWire widget. The winner gets the designated product license, second place gets the "All I Got Was This ProcessWire T-shirt". Seriously. Having the ProcessWire logo on items would be great. I'd buy the coffee mug now.

• Like 3

• abdus changed the title to Premium module sales & ability to buy individual items from ProFields module pack

I've been also thinking about the topics raised above by @abdus and @rick coming up with similar ideas. We do not know how well the current business model performs currently, but I also suspect that lowering the license fees might boost sales "a bit" somehow. I'm also having trouble finding the way to justify the price of these "bundles" and I'm also interested in parts of them or better yet in a "life time" developer license which should cost more, but would be worth it in the long run.

As of @rick's idea: those developers who give most to the community should be rewarded this way. For example @adrian (probably among others, he is just one prime example) should get all these licenses for free I think, being the most active free module developer, and he is also one of the most active "forum support personnel", so to speak. Such valuable community members should be rewarded somehow, I think. I also like the idea of contests so that others can contribute too when they have the time.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I do already have a license of ProDevTools, which I don't use too much just yet, but it was a way of "donation" I can afford currently.

Edited by szabesz
  • Like 3

From the marketing point of view there is a strategy called "product bundles" which means you put at least one product which is very well selling into a bundle with lower selling products to increase the sales in general. Maybe thats the idea behind this. But its only a thought.

I am also interested in buying just on or two modules, which I am really interested in. I am not ready to buy the whole stuff at the moment.

• Like 3